Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:
Liverpool have made an £11m offer for Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund's 17-year-old winger.

Never saw that one coming..

Hail.

That would be very difficult for me. I would have to root for Pulisic as a Liverpool player. I hope he stays at Dortmund.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
cuz
  • Like 1

That's how you snatch what's left of the US market right now.  He's the crown prince of US football. 

I would absolutely LOVE if Dortmund sent him our way.

And I still think we end up with Charlie Taylor as well.

Didn't see it coming either, but wow...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC9 said:

That's how you snatch what's left of the US market right now.  He's the crown prince of US football. 

I would absolutely LOVE if Dortmund sent him our way.

And I still think we end up with Charlie Taylor as well.

Didn't see it coming either, but wow...

I just don't see why Dortmund would sell him, especially for only 11 million.  Not saying it won't happen, I just will be very surprised if it happens (and for that low money).

1 hour ago, btfoom said:

I just don't see why Dortmund would sell him, especially for only 11 million.  Not saying it won't happen, I just will be very surprised if it happens (and for that low money).

Fair to say.

But 17 years old.  Could go either way.  Like I said, the crown prince of American football - we'd naturally hold him in higher regard than anyone else.  Even if the likely tragectary of his career his almost surely headed that way.

I'd love to have Klopp coaching him up.  Would do wonders for the MNT.

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Fair to say.

But 17 years old.  Could go either way.  Like I said, the crown prince of American football - we'd naturally hold him in higher regard than anyone else.  Even if the likely tragectary of his career his almost surely headed that way.

I'd love to have Klopp coaching him up.  Would do wonders for the MNT.

First, I didn't mean any offense, if Pool can get him for that money, then I say that is a great deal for them.

For you folks who follow EPL more than I do, I have a couple questions for you.  Do you think he is physically ready for the EPL?  We joke lots about the different types of play in different leagues, but there is no doubt that the EPL is the most physically demanding of the major leagues around the world.  Also, as Pool have added a good number of players, do you think he'd get substantial playing time?  Is he a starter in the league week to week?  If not, can he get enough playing time with Pool this season?

I believe that both Klopp and TT are great for his development.  If he and his family believe he's better off with Klopp, then as a US fan, I hope he does go.  As a BL fan, I hope he stays as he is very good to watch and I think Dortmund will do great things this season.

On a different topic, what would you give as the over/under in goals scored this week in the Pool/Spurs match?  This has to be the TOP match of the EPL this week, correct?  Can't wait to see it as I think it will be very open, flowing soccer (kind of like the BL;)).

Wouldn't go any higher than 3/4 total goals tops. 

Sounds like Phil's good to go. But I'd rather Can be in that position. Hopefully he makes it too. Need to bounce straight back after last weeks blip to go into the break with a sound start. 'Spurs are the one team the league I'd never discount right now. Well versed under Pochettino right now and probably the hardest working side the league outside of ourselves. But they do hold a much higher line than Burnley and Mane's back to give Rose in particular fits. Anything won be very hard earned. 

Side note: Turns out there's some big Rugby final on today as this train is rammed with rugby fans. Never knew there were so many Warrington/ Widnes/ Wigan/ Saints shirts in circulation. Go figure?

Hail. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Wouldn't go any higher than 3/4 total goals tops. 

Sounds like Phil's good to go. But I'd rather Can be in that position. Hopefully he makes it too. Need to bounce straight back after last weeks blip to go into the break with a sound start. 'Spurs are the one team the league I'd never discount right now. Well versed under Pochettino right now and probably the hardest working side the league outside of ourselves. But they do hold a much higher line than Burnley and Mane's back to give Rose in particular fits. Anything won be very hard earned. 

Side note: Turns out there's some big Rugby final on today as this train is rammed with rugby fans. Never knew there were so many Warrington/ Widnes/ Wigan/ Saints shirts in circulation. Go figure?

Hail. 

Defo didn't want Phil playing on that Hammy.  Happy to see Matip get his start.

Hendo needs to get his **** together today.  Quickly.

12 hours ago, DC9 said:

And I still think we end up with Charlie Taylor as well

God I hope that doesn't happen. Would be a terrific signing for Liverpool. Prob the best young player we've produced of recent years and we've produced some brilliant ones. 

Edited by Morrison J
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, btfoom said:

First, I didn't mean any offense, if Pool can get him for that money, then I say that is a great deal for them.

For you folks who follow EPL more than I do, I have a couple questions for you.  Do you think he is physically ready for the EPL?  We joke lots about the different types of play in different leagues, but there is no doubt that the EPL is the most physically demanding of the major leagues around the world.  Also, as Pool have added a good number of players, do you think he'd get substantial playing time?  Is he a starter in the league week to week?  If not, can he get enough playing time with Pool this season?

I believe that both Klopp and TT are great for his development.  If he and his family believe he's better off with Klopp, then as a US fan, I hope he does go.  As a BL fan, I hope he stays as he is very good to watch and I think Dortmund will do great things this season.

On a different topic, what would you give as the over/under in goals scored this week in the Pool/Spurs match?  This has to be the TOP match of the EPL this week, correct?  Can't wait to see it as I think it will be very open, flowing soccer (kind of like the BL;)).

2 goals, maybe 3.

I see this 1-1 draw or 2-1 Spurs just like the NBC folks.  Though Spurs haven't beat us in 4 years,they have a really good back 4.  We're completely different side with Mane in.

Some tough questions on Pulisic.  I think he can be a really good premier league player, and I think he ends up better than Donovan and Dempsey, too.  But I don't think he's going to be ready at 17.  Perfect Cup player and off the bench player at the moment though.

Not sure why Dortmund would sell either, but for if he's not a Tuchel type player.  I think the Bundesliga is just about as tough, maybe not from the bottom half sides, and maybe more gets called in Bundesliga than it does in the Premier League.  I agree that both are good for his development, but what's more important is the competition he plays against.

Big miss by Phil there early.  HAVE to have those...

2 minutes ago, dchogs said:

Calls going one way, but the play is heavily in our favor last 10min

Gotta play that across Phil!   Angle no good.  

No one to aim at.  Didn't see a late run.  Wijnaldum and Hendo sitting deeper to help against the attack.

7 minutes ago, DC9 said:

No one to aim at.  Didn't see a late run.  Wijnaldum and Hendo sitting deeper to help against the attack.

Thought Firmino came into the 6 as phil pulled trigger.  

Spurs going down down easily this half and gettin calls. Reds run over? No call. 

1 minute ago, dchogs said:

Thought Firmino came into the 6 as phil pulled trigger.  

Spurs going down down easily this half and gettin calls. Reds run over? No call. 

He was but there were about 4 Spurs players in there with him.

Get to halftime and get Sturridge on for Cou or Mane.  Don't want to risk both the hammy and a second yellow.

PENALTY!!

LIKE I SAID LAMELA IS GOING TO TAKE DOWN BOBBY!

NOW WHO TAKES IT!?!?

YEAH MILLY GET THE **** IN LAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

Milner is just a dream squad player. Not looking out of place at all at LB. Put him anywhere and he'll do a job. So underrated. 

Agreed, has been outspoken that it's not his favorite position but he's a true teammate.

HT!

• Like 1