Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Isn't this interesting? No doubt it'll keep the ridiculous fume the weekend going across the internet:

Liverpool are considering allowing Mamadou Sakho to go out on loan as they look to get the defender back on track.

Liverpool Transfer News: Mamadou Sakho could be set for loan move | Football | Sport | Daily Express

It not only begs the question of just how bad Sakho's overall attitude had been, but just what we have planned if he does go out on loan? Do they have someone lined up to come in? Is Joe Gomez near to returning to full training?

Interesting. Never saw that one coming 

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Isn't this interesting? No doubt it'll keep the ridiculous fume the weekend going across the internet:

Liverpool are considering allowing Mamadou Sakho to go out on loan as they look to get the defender back on track.

Liverpool Transfer News: Mamadou Sakho could be set for loan move | Football | Sport | Daily Express

It not only begs the question of just how bad Sakho's overall attitude had been, but just what we have planned if he does go out on loan? Do they have someone lined up to come in? Is Joe Gomez near to returning to full training?

Interesting. Never saw that one coming 

Hail. 

Color me surprised.  He was back in training today and I thought all was well.  Not sure what to make of that.  Would actually think he's more valuable here to us.  Especially this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

Color me surprised.  He was back in training today and I thought all was well.  Not sure what to make of that.  Would actually think he's more valuable here to us.  Especially this year.

Absolutely. On the face of it, it makes absolutely zero sense. But there has to be far more in this. The manager doesn't make uncalculated moves like that on a whim. 

Fascinating to watch this one over the next week or so. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dchogs said:

Heavy metal football and Muzak on defense?  :)

i trust Klopp.  This could be a football move or a locker room move (or both).  All the more reason to snag a LB. 

I don't think we need another reason at this point...

• Like 2

Its been a ghost town in here this past week. Looking forward to having some soccer conversation now that we have gotten past the awful 2 days without soccer. Down with Yeovil Town!

Been looking up flights and lodging this past week in thinking about a trip to England. Really wouldnt be awful to go over for a week with my wife, though would be a couple of years down the road. The thought of seeing an actual game at Goodison, or probably the new stadium at that point, is very exciting.

14 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Anyone know a good reputable site to stream games?

I've got a dude who'll post a bunch of LFC streams, but I don't know about the blue half, brother.

Early Cup ties NORMALLY aren't a big deal for the FA to shut down on youtube.  At a minimum you should be able to get the first half knocked out.  I'd try there first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If it's any consolation at least I wasn't at the game and so missed stepping back in time 30 years and having to listen to a bunch of inbred knobs mocking.

Hail.

I guess? :P  I've resorted to hoping that Burnley will be knocked back down, and then I saw that result...

As it is, I think we'll be in League 1 next year, so they'll still be above us.  Whatever....

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I've got a dude who'll post a bunch of LFC streams, but I don't know about the blue half, brother.

Early Cup ties NORMALLY aren't a big deal for the FA to shut down on youtube.  At a minimum you should be able to get the first half knocked out.  I'd try there first.

Never would have thought to try youtube. Ill give it a try, that would be nice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hope the vocals coming over. This end is ****ing bouncing. Stood up. Funny that. FAR more enjoyable than Arsenal. And that was boss. But yers probably have to be a long standing match going fan to fully appreciate that. 

Up the Pool, Mighty Reds! 

Hail. 

****ing Emre is showing Hendo the door TONIGHT!

GET IN EMRE

Seeing Celtic down in Israel at the moment too.

****ing zero chance I was getting off work today, unfortunately.  Misses just got me the FSP for all of the Scottie's games, too.

Sturridge. 4-0

Should be ****ting teams like this.  Avoid the slow starts to the match and to the half... that's been our problem under Klopp.  We get through those and we're normally playing very good football.

That was the most enjoyable away in years. Pissed all over standing at Wimbledon and Exeter. Old school without the aggro haha. And what was boss was a lot of the young lads knew all the arl songs we were singing way back when that got an airing. You know it's gonna' be a boss night when you walk in the pub you went before and after the Burton-Colchester game and the regulars are like 'I know you! ..... F-ing Hell! The Scouse lads are back!' Celebs us like haha! Brilliant, brilliant night in one of the best drinking towns in the Country topped off with a brilliant L'pool performance.

Just hope Emre's not serious.

Back on the march with Jurgens Army!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just hope Emre's not serious.

Back on the march with Jurgens Army!

Hail.

Looks like it was just a turn.  Really, not to have a go after a 5-0, even to a much lower side, but Hendo was getting mugged off by that lower side.  How is he still getting sent out there?

PSG/Spurs were suppossed to offer something for him by now.

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Whelp, 4-0 win for Everton. Could only listen to it but seemed pretty deserved. On to Stoke.

Where did you end up finding it?  Were you listening on sirius?

Lil' bro', 3 of us the car had the same discussion. I just don't get the cult thing with him. He's an athlete. Nottin' more. Nottin' less. Technically he's ****. He's not a leader. He doesn't add a goal threat. He ****s out if EVERY challenge. I just don't get the love.

Hooefully Grujic will be partnering Emre sooner rather than later. 

And **** it, let's have Everton or Utd next. Fancy dumping one of those nomarks out.

Hail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Lil' bro', 3 of us the car had the same discussion. I just don't get the cult thing with him. He's an athlete. Nottin' more. Nottin' less. Technically he's ****. He's not a leader. He doesn't add a goal threat. He ****s out if EVERY challenge. I just don't get the love.

Hooefully Grujic will be partnering Emre sooner rather than later. 

And **** it, let's have Everton or Utd next. Fancy dumping one of those nomarks out.

Hail.

Not sure that Grujic doesn't end up further up the pitch.  I have him as Firmino's replacement, and I have Firmino as Sturridge's replacement with Origi eventually the starter at the 9.  But part of me would love to have Grujic further back with Emre... pressing up the pitch from the front 4, everytime the keeper just no-nonsenses the ball into the midfield you have a 6'4" tree there waiting to head it back up the pitch or waiting to bring it down.  But Emre already does that, so either or.

But Wijnaldum, once he gets his **** together, would be the attacking CM with Can as the holding in my opinion. 

Though a few seem to think if there's something to this Paredes rumor we'll here it in the next day or two with Roma out of Champion's League now.  Then the plot really thickens and we'll just see.