Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I think the US could beat Portugal (and we basically did in 2014 if Bradley kicks the ball out at the end) on a given day, but we don't touch France, imo.

The US isn't a very good team but they are punchy and will pull a rabbit out of their hats every now and then.  I don't think they'd have done very well in the Euro Cup as a whole.  They enjoyed the advantage of hosting Copa America and that does count for something. 

I haven't been all that impressed with the Euro Cup as a whole.  The top three Copa America teams could have shined in the Euro tournament.  I don't think they'd finish top three together but I think it likely that one of them would have been in the final and another in the semi-finals.  The Euro's weren't all that impressive this year... but a mediocre year, is just that.  A mediocre year.  They normally are better than they've shown this time around.   

• Like 1

The US isn't a very good team but they are punchy and will pull a rabbit out of their hats every now and then.  I don't think they'd have done very well in the Euro Cup as a whole.  They enjoyed the advantage of hosting Copa America and that does count for something. 

I haven't been all that impressed with the Euro Cup as a whole.  The top three Copa America teams could have shined in the Euro tournament.  I don't think they'd finish top three together but I think it likely that one of them would have been in the final and another in the semi-finals.  The Euro's weren't all that impressive this year... but a mediocre year, is just that.  A mediocre year.  They normally are better than they've shown this time around.   

Oh I certainly agree that the South American game is more fun to watch and they do show well at the World Cup (just haven't WON it recently).

Wow... what a ball by Coman.

EDIT:  But the US could make an Ireland like run, maybe a little bit better.

Edited by DC9

He's yours to play with.

I'm done acknowledging those that think death is funny.

Hail.

Not sure that was a foul on Ronaldo, either.  It was close... but this is Clattenburg... a Premier League ref.  Where we play defense. :lol:

Oh and what the actual **** is going on at Forrest matches?  Holy **** :lol: !!!  And ONLY 3 years?  You'd get 3 years in prison in the US.

ICYMI: Three year ban for Nottingham Forest fan who bit the testicles of a steward: http://the72.co.uk/56667/forest-fan-balls-up-earns-him-three-year-ground-ban/  @NottmForestNews @NFFCBR #nffc

Edited by DC9

WHAT THE **** EVRA that was a DIME!

Yeah Sissoko might as well give Power of Attorney to Sakho so he can move his **** down to Merseyside

Even Benteke score that! ..... Maybe haha.

Hail.

Benteke scores that but he's a foot taller.

Edited by DC9

This has been one of the poorest tournaments in overall quality I can remember, Not one stand out side. This final just encapsulates the poor standard overall.

Hail.

Yeah if not for the Wales and Iceland stories itd be a massive snoozefest.

• Like 1

This has been one of the poorest tournaments in overall quality I can remember, Not one stand out side. This final just encapsulates the poor standard overall.

Hail.

Was just about to say the same thing. Adding more teams seems to have diluted the quality somewhat but no excuse for the big nations to be this poor. Worst tournament I can remember for a long time.
  • Like 1