Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I love Ibe (I have always like him better than the guy who went to City). Ibe needs time off the bench, cup games and less teams…Not the home opener. The midfield definitely needs the calming force of Can. Neither Milner nor Hendo have been able to control the midfield play

• Like 1

I'm not going to apologize for getting the call today. Benteke was onside and scored, so it was strictly a decision on Coutinho's influence on the goal. I think the ref should have called offsides, but he didn't and the Reds won. 

Next week is going to be an abortion if Rodgers trots this lineup out there again.

Losing control of the game to Stoke and Bournemouth and you think Arsenal aren't going to possess the game?

Funny that the first thing NBC said was basically it needs to be a 4-3-3 with Can, Hendo, and Milner.  I mean... everyone has said this since this time last year. 

We've bossed about 20 minutes of this season... and that was the 20 minutes where we played a 4-3-3 at the end of the Stoke match.

Having seen both goals back since I've got home, neither should of stood. Lovren is clearly held down for Bournemouth's. Coutinho (who was MOTM by a street) clearly off side and making a play for the ball. 

Very disappointed to see an unchanged side pre-match, but overall positives to take. MUCH better defensive shape and far more solid back there. Probably just about deserved the win with all the major chances and woodwork struck falling our way. Benteke  off the mark. But an absolutely shocking miss at the end hitting the bar when it was easier to score. Ibe flourishing and the man, the myth, the living LEG-END Joe freaking Gomez having another sound outing against a more direct winger this time. 

Not too bothered about the patchy play being as this is the second game of the year and the first five or so are normally like this with players getting fully match fit, teams getting an understanding again et all. ALL that matters the first month is getting the result. You get no bonus points for style. When we add more tempo to our attacking play (with Can and Firmino fully fit a big part in that); we'll be one tough proposition if we carry on as solid at the back as we are. Fantastic to finally have two full backs that can, you know, actually DEFEND again. 

Roll on Arsenal. Got a real good feeling the Emirates hoodoo is about to end. 

Far better start to the season than I expected. And wholly satisfied the way it's gone. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Question for my EPL fan friends out there - I was watching some of the QPR match on Saturday afternoon.  They mentioned that Charlie Adams has a buyout set at 15 million pounds.  Isn't that low for a player who scored 18 EPL goals last season?

Question for my EPL fan friends out there - I was watching some of the QPR match on Saturday afternoon.  They mentioned that Charlie Adams has a buyout set at 15 million pounds.  Isn't that low for a player who scored 18 EPL goals last season?

Charlie Austin. 

And it's the valuation QPR has put on him. Not a buyout clause per se. 

Clubs obviously don't see much in him as nobody seems prepared to offer that. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Was gonna say... pretty sure Charlie Adam hasn't scored 18 goals the last two years :lol:

I hope you're right, GHH...

You know how I've felt about Brendan and his ****.  And he's starting this season just like he did last... by putting out Brendan's side instead of the best side.

Why can't any of my coaches on any of my teams just do what the **** is best for the team?  There always has to be some kind of drama or personal battle....

• Like 1

Well Can and Firmino are behind in fitness, and Rodgers REALLY talked up Can as being the perfect holding/ controlling midfielder so he'll have a big part to play. Not sure what's up with Sakho, but Lovren's gone back to just doing the simple things and not trying to play football and looks a whole bunch better for it. 

All in stages lil' bro'. Cutting him slack as it's the first month and all that really counts is getting the result, However you manage to achieve that. But we do look a whole lot more solid in our defensive shape which is a major bonus. If that holds, with the fire power we have at the other end, maybe it won't be half as bad as the carnage I anticipated. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Here's the piece on Can. He'll be playing a big role soon enough: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/can-outstanding-liverpool-fc-talent-9869116#ICID=sharebar_twitter

• Like 1

I'm not going to apologize for getting the call today. Benteke was onside and scored, so it was strictly a decision on Coutinho's influence on the goal. I think the ref should have called offsides, but he didn't and the Reds won.

Of course not. But you and your cronies will piss and moan every time refs give arsenal a favorable officiating. It was much better when y'all fixated on United getting the imagined favoritism.
  • Like 1

Of course not. But you and your cronies will piss and moan every time refs give arsenal a favorable officiating. It was much better when y'all fixated on United getting the imagined favoritism.

Absolutely! That's part of the fun of being a fan. You have to complain about the bad calls against your club...both real and perceived.

So, i see the Götze to Arsenal talk is hotting up. So is the Cavani talk after it seems Benzema will be staying at RM.

Sooooo...that means we're definitely signing Krychowiak at 11:59 AM on deadline day, & nobody else.

Funny...my only wants this whole summer were another D-mid stalwart, & another CB. Preferably Pogba, & van Djik. Now we look to be signing an attacking mid, & a striker......almost completely opposite.

What do i know....just some yankee over here. I'll leave you professionals to it then.

Edited by nemocystem

Can't believe both Carragher and Neville are arguing for the Bournemouth 'goal' to of stood. Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it shouldn't be called. It's like the non-penalty Villa should of had Friday on Darmian. Just because it happens all the time doesn't not make it a clear foul and penalty. Fella' had his arms on Lovrens shoulders. That's not naturally jumping with your arms out. That's pushing off. Or in this case pushing the opponent down. Clear foul and refreshing one gets called. 

What the lino was doing on Benteke's goal Hell only knows. That was a complete joke. Wasn't like it was even close.

Hail. 

Can't believe both Carragher and Neville are arguing for the Bournemouth 'goal' to of stood. Just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it shouldn't be called. It's like the non-penalty Villa should of had Friday on Darmian. Just because it happens all the time doesn't not make it a clear foul and penalty. Fella' had his arms on Lovrens shoulders. That's not naturally jumping with your arms out. That's pushing off. Or in this case pushing the opponent down. Clear foul and refreshing one gets called. 

What the lino was doing on Benteke's goal Hell only knows. That was a complete joke. Wasn't like it was even close.

Hail. 

It was an entertaining game, way better then last Monday. Bournemouth deserved a draw for sure, I am interested to see how they do the rest of the season. I havent watched the Championship so I wasnt familiar with them, first glimpse of them I have had was yesterday.