Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

So United 10 shots on goal. Chelsea 1. 71-29 possession to Utd. Hello bus.

It's the ONLY way Mourinho knows how to play. 

And he has the bold faced nerve to say this is the best side he's ever managed. 

COMPLETE insult to what's gone before. This Chelsea side is nottin' special at all. They're just a typical, functional Mourinho set up team. Real hard working. Real well organised. And they take the few chances that come their way. 

For them to be 3 or 4 games clear is to everyones else detriment because they aren't 3 or 4 games better than the other top sides. 

That said, the fact United are almost guaranteed a top 4 place is symptomatic of how poor the leagues been yet again. I see little difference between this and what Moyes had and Van Gaal's spent ridiculous amounts of money to get to that stage. 

Hail. 

We were extremely fortunate today, I agree, GHH.

By the way, **** Chelski.

This, and similar toward Utd, should be sticked for this thread. 

It's the only thing EVERYONE agrees on!  :lol:  :lol:

Congrats on a second straight Cup Final man. Fantastic achievement regardless of today's display. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Start him off right man. 

I'm relying on him for free tickets when he's wearing the mighty red down the line!

Hail. 

Well, I didn't expect much, but this was even less :lol:

so there was NO flow what so ever.  In fact, the ref literally blew for every foul and every time the ball went to touch. 

And NOW I know why they don't keep score - out of the 11 on my son's team, 5 of them quit at halftime.  They'd had enough of the heat, lol.  3 from the other team quit so we just played 6 on 8 for the last 15 minutes.  Total hilarity. 

Wanted so bad for my son to get a goal but he hit the post on one and missed wide on another.  Good effort and he's got the wheels that I had back when, so that's good.

Fun day.

Well, I didn't expect much, but this was even less :lol:

so there was NO flow what so ever.  In fact, the ref literally blew for every foul and every time the ball went to touch. 

And NOW I know why they don't keep score - out of the 11 on my son's team, 5 of them quit at halftime.  They'd had enough of the heat, lol.  3 from the other team quit so we just played 6 on 8 for the last 15 minutes.  Total hilarity. 

Wanted so bad for my son to get a goal but he hit the post on one and missed wide on another.  Good effort and he's got the wheels that I had back when, so that's good.

Fun day.

OH GOOD GOD! 

Joe Wolf has had an effect on this poor youngster already! 

His final act was to hex DC9's boy with the Ozil Curse! 

Damn you Joe!

Hail. 

OH GOOD GOD! 

Joe Wolf has had an effect on this poor youngster already! 

His final act was to hex DC9's boy with the Ozil Curse! 

Damn you Joe!

Hail. 

He'll get it together.  It's literally no-hands rugby until they're about 6 or 7 years old.

I missed the second half cuz I'm out with the fam but I followed along in arseblog.

Good result and fair play to Reading.

I turned it on about the 75', Arsenal didn't really look interested, but game should've been over looooong before extra time.  The Reading keeper was excellent.

Until he pulled an early-season Mignolet that is.

I bet Euston Station was an 'interesting' place to be around today. 

Liverpudlians arriving down for the weekend. Utd fans on the same line down at Chelsea. And Chelsea fans going and returning to their Bedford hovels and the like. 

And Leeds fans 5 minutes down Euston Road going through Kings Cross on their way to and from Charlton just for added 'fun.'

Almost brings a nostalgic tear to my eye.  :ph34r:.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Just to get us in the mood .....

YouTube videos only go back so far, ha ha, but at least they cover our last three FA Cup ties against Villa. 

Fourth Round. A late January Sunday 1988. Villa Park. I wasn't at this one as money was both real tight and me Ma wouldn't let me go down. But it was a rare live TV game back then so it worked out well. Kenny's great '88 side. The best this Country's ever seen IMHO. With absolutely no disrespect intended to Arsenal's 'Invincible's.' 2-0 Win 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTnMJ6WzWY4

Quarter Final, 1992. A real battle against a real good Villa side that should of won the first ever Premier League, on our way to our 5th Cup triumph. Fantastic finish from Mickey Thomas for the winner. 1-0 Win. Nuts celebrations when that went in late in front of us on the Kop. 

And the semi final against Villa at Old Trafford in '96. Villa fans boycotting at the ridiculous ticket prices after they'd been down Wembley the week before for the League Cup Final. The ground being badly vandalised because, well, it was Old Trafford and that **** will NEVER change. Shrugs. A group of Utd lads tipping up before the game, only to be chased off by Villa fans which was quite amusing. Walking in and out of an off license (liquor store) not once, not twice, but THREE times before he finally realised all his beer was, uhmmm, 'disappearing' for free. :lol: .And your faithful friend GHH coping for a tidy blonde from Speke on the train home after convincing her I was related to Steve McManaman. :lol:  :D. It was an interestingly memorable day.  :P. 3-0 Win. And that second from Robbie .....

*Warning* Graphic text language at the start and end. Just to comply with our board standards. 

More of the same today please Red Men. A mouthwatering date with Arsenal May 30th is VERY appealing.  

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

So let's see .....

Three at the back ..... Check.

Two defensive midfielders ..... Check.

No forwards ..... Check. 

Gerrard back out of nowhere after barely playing for a month ..... Check. 

The woeful Allen and Markovic starting ..... Check.

Players completely out of their natural, most effective position ..... Check. 

NOT confident of a win at all. 50/50 on this one. 

Hail. 

We win this one going away.

That's how I feel.

It'll be an ass whooping.

If we don't... blah

Real bad feeling on this. 

3-1 Villa. Here's hoping my gut is WAT off the mark. 

Hail. 

Really?

Almost forgot... come on West 'Am!

Even though you dropped the ball last time we need it from you.

Ah, Michael Oliver... how did I let that slip my mind

• Like 1

Allen for Toure, move Can up to 10.  Just like always.

We go through this every week.

Coutinho continuing to build his resume as the next Liverpool captain

Best players aren't always the best leaders brother

• Like 1