Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If Arsenal bought these 3 players within the next 2 windows, I'd be ecstatic:

Cavani

Lars Bender

Nastasic

I can not for the life of me, save for having another three top talent options, work out just what has gone wrong with Nastasić at City.

The kid looked a potential TOP defensive talent. A real fine ball playing defender. To come in to both Serie A and the BPL at the ages of 18 and 19 respectively and look SO composed, like he was a seasoned vet., spoke volumes.

To not play a single minute this year beggars belief.

He'd be an outstanding purchase for both the here and now and the future for ANYBODY.

Hail.

I can not for the life of me, save for having another three top talent options, work out just what has gone wrong with Nastasić at City.

The kid looked a potential TOP defensive talent. A real fine ball playing defender. To come in to both Serie A and the BPL at the ages of 18 and 19 respectively and look SO composed, like he was a seasoned vet., spoke volumes.

To not play a single minute this year beggars belief.

He'd be an outstanding purchase for both the here and now and the future for ANYBODY.

Hail.

Everything you've said points to the fact that there must be something going on beneath the surface. Possibly tension with Pellegrini but he doesn't seem like the type of manager to hold grudges with players but to me, clearly something is up.

Frank De Boer's name getting floated publicly to replace Rodgers

I'd venture he'd have that defense playing tip top.

We'll see.  That's a bold move for John W. Henry to make. 

But I think they are standing by BR or we wouldn't have bought Ochoa.  That said, Ochoa is clearly a money ball move even though he's older.  They aren't in for serious money.

Curious to see if there is money for a striker coming into January or if, as GHH suggested, "Sturridge will be looked at as a new signing".

That would be a tragedy if so.

Not buying the Ochoa rumours until something's confirmed.

The player himself started following the club on twitter immediately after Mingolet was dropped Sunday. Sounds like the tabloids are putting two and two together and coming up with 4.

Mattia Perin, of Genoa, is also in talks according to his agent.

Oh, and Bayern are signing Sterling.

Take EVERYTHING with a pinch of salt at this time of year until the club makes an official announcement.

What is fact is there's a sit down meeting called between Rodgers and the other 4 members of the transfer 'committee' at Anfield before the window opens to decided what direction they go in and what's gone wrong to date in the transfer market. Which is a MAJOR problem itself having 5 people decide on players. The whole structure of the club needs to change along with a new manager. I've no problem with a GM type deciding the finances and if the club are prepared to pay a certain fee. But the manager needs to have the final say on targets and who he wants.  

There's a BIG question mark over who exactly made all the summer signings and just how many were actually Rodgers choice. Which to be fair to him is totally and utterly wrong.

Boston needs to sort this **** out.

Hail.

Van Gaal is preparing a €100 millions offer for Cavani and Reus (€65 millions + €35 millions for Reus' contract clause).

This would make me sick. They couldn't possibly spend more money on offense until they bring in some defenders...could they?

This would make me sick. They couldn't possibly spend more money on offense until they bring in some defenders...could they?

I think he'll sent Falcoa back to Monaco, so that's one free spot to fill (Cavani). I think he wants Reus or Rakitic probably as an insurance policy, since la Roma won't let Strootman leave. He clearly wants to overload the midfield. You're right he could focus more on defense, but that's Van Gaal and he's a "genius" :P

• Like 1

I think he'll sent Falcoa back to Monaco, so that's one free spot to fill (Cavani). I think he wants Reus or Rakitic probably as an insurance policy, since la Roma won't let Strootman leave. He clearly wants to overload the midfield. You're right he could focus more on defense, but that's Van Gaal and he's a "genius" :P

I guess they can start transitioning Rooney to the midfield. I can't see Reus going to a team where he would not be a regular, unless that team is Bayern Munich...Especially when he could go to Arsenal or Liverpool and be a star

as I've said before, I don't think there are defenders worth spending money for this year. I THINK he's received guarantees from management that he'll have the time to build the team he wants. No pressure to win it all right away, just set the platform for future success and get back to CL. 

Is that a statement on how good they have been or how bad the league is right now?

Just a statement of where they are in the table with arguably the worst defensive personnel in the league. If the attackers are available for them to buy and the defenders aren't available, they'll still splash the cash and get the attackers if they are there. They don't care. They'll keep winning, too, unfortunately for the rest of us.

Good news finally: Glenn Johnson out for a month with a groin injury.

Pity it's not the rest of the season.

Daniel Sturridge to spend Christmas in Boston with the Red Soc medical team to try get to the root of his injury. Not sure what a baseball staff can add but something needs sorting out as this has gotten beyond ridiculous.

And tonight we have a League Cup quarter at a side a division lower that NO red I know is confident about.

Hoping for the best.

Fearing and expecting the worst.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

And tonight we have a League Cup quarter at a side a division lower that NO red I know is confident about.

Hoping for the best.

Fearing and expecting the worst.

Hail.

A little icing on the cake?  Sterling won't sign his extension.

Looks like he's off to Madrid next summer.  For free.

We're trotting out the ole' 3-7-0

Liverpool FC @LFC  ·  13m 13 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC line-up v @afcbournemouth: Jones, Toure, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Lucas, Sterling, Markovic

Liverpool FC @LFC  ·  13m 13 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC subs v @afcbournemouth: Mignolet, Lambert, Sakho, Moreno, Manquillo, Can, Borini

I wouldn't mind it much if we had Balo or Rickie in for Lucas and then the other in for Hendo or Gerrard. 

This is just hilarious at this point.

Michael Garcia: Fifa investigator resigns in World Cup report row

"bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

The American lawyer cited a "lack of leadership" at the top of football's world governing body.

Garcia said he lost confidence in the independence of judge Hans-Joachim Eckert, an ethics committee colleague.

Uefa president Michel Platini said: "We wanted all transparency but this is a new failure for Fifa."

The head of European football spoke out as Garcia resigned a day after Fifa's appeals panel rejected his challenge of Eckert's summary of his report.

Garcia said: "It is the lack of leadership on these issues within Fifa that leads me to conclude that my role in this process is at an end."

Fifa president Sepp Blatter said: "I am surprised by Mr Garcia's decision. The work of the ethics committee will nonetheless continue."

The association said in a statement that an acting chairman of the committee would be appointed, pending the election of a successor to Garcia."

Tic tac tic tac Blatter

"World football's governing body then published an edited version of his report, which cleared Qatar and Russia of wrongdoing. Mr Garcia said that version "contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations". Link

Edited by FrFan

Not so fast my friend...

Change 1 -

B5FGsFrCcAAsphI.jpg

4-4-2 like a Boss! 

Which is really a 4-2-3-1 - aka the Rodgers Special

Was kind of intrigued by the 3-7-0... shucks

Change 2 -

The 3-7-0 LIVES!!!

B5FIW-fCAAE3hJ9.jpg

Arsenal better be afraid, it appears that BR is saving him for Sunday.