rock star

the grove tube

the wall

good the bad and the ugly

repoman

the big Lebowski

raising arizona

a clockwork orange

most of the old universal monster movies from the 30's and 40's.

just to name a few

another good call on Joe Dirt (it's pronounced "deer-tay"). i couldn't believe how much i liked that movie, but i really laughed my ass off.

and glennX:

paul anderson as in Punch-Drunk Love, Magnolia, Boogie, and Hard Eight is doing Alien vs. Predator?!? that'd be quite a change from his usual stuff.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

Truman Show starring Jim Carrey

Absolutely!! I really don't understand why so many people hated this movie. I thought the the story line was fascinating and Jim Carrey's performance was brilliant. And I have to admit, I teared up at the end of the movie.

Originally posted by mcgarnicle71

Sleepy Hollow , i find it so cool that the main character keeps fainting yet everybody I know hated that movie , Hell i bought it on VHS and eventually got it on DVD .

I'm with you on that one. That movie was visually stunning, plus Johnny Depp gives a good performance as always. I pretty much like anything Depp does. He is one of my favorites.

3 movies that I thought were really funny that starred guys that everybody seems to hate are:

Me, Myself, and Irene - Carey

Little Nicky - Sandler

Joe Dirt - Spade

I couldn't stand most of Carey's and Sandlers films, but those 2 were really funny. The scene where Spade finds the dog with his nuts frozen to the porch is classic.

Hard to believe that there's a guy on here that says he thought Unbreakable was cheesy, and then comes out of the closet about liking chic flicks. Whatever floats your boat bro.

Forgot these three earlier:

Terminal Velocity

2010: The Year We Make Contact

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist -- one of the silliest movies I've ever seen; never fails to crack me up... "I see the way you look at him. I'm a man, too, you know? I go pee-pee standing up!" :laugh:

Originally posted by mcgarnicle71

Sleepy Hollow , i find it so cool that the main character keeps fainting yet everybody I know hated that movie , Hell i bought it on VHS and eventually got it on DVD .

Totally agree, I have it on DVD too..

I have become fan of Johnny Depp because of that movie.

THE BEST ACTION MOVIE NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IS...

Barbwire...

if it was anyone but pam anderson as leading role the movie have done really really well in the box office... she is hot as hell int he movie but movie itself was pretty good i thought

The Last Starfighter

Godzilla '85

I think I have a mild form of dyslexia. From an earlier post:

I know most of you guys are old and dont like animes but still it is one of the best movies I ever saw.

And here is what I thought I saw:

"I know most of you guys are old and dont like enimas but still it is one of the best movies I ever saw."

One no one mentioned so I think everyone does really hate it but me:

The Blair Witch Project

Others mentioned I liked:

Cable Guy

Unbreakable

Waterworld

And how did The Long Kiss Goodnight even make it in this thread? Anyone who didn't like that movie needs to retake the gay-o-meter test from a few months ago.

fan, we found something in common. i love zhivago. actually took a girl out to see it at the williamsburg theatre for our first date. quickly realized she was a waste of time.

if you (anyone) ever gets the chance to see a great old movie at a theatre do it. there is something really special about it. especially when the intermission cuts on and they give you time to get more refreshments or go to the john... something you don't get anymore.

Archived