Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report: San Diego Chargers and Vincent Jackson: It's Over!

mossomo

Well, as much as I hate to say it, the Chargers have finally ended their relationship with Vincent Jackson, and my optimism in a single interview.

On Saturday, Chargers GM A.J Smith told the San Diego's Union Tribune that he fully expects Vincent Jackson to hold out until week 10 of the regular season.

Smith also acknowledged that Jackson is pursuing a contract in the neighborhood of five years, $50 million.

Smith's reply to the contract was that he had nothing to discuss with Jackson or his agent

Click to Continue Reading

He is overrated anyways. Norv Turner's offense saw Michael Westbrook and Albert Connell each catch for over 1,000 yards in the same season.

Aside from that, he doesn't take double teams away from anyone b/c teams have to double Gates.

Furthermore, he has an elite QB in Phillip Rivers throwing him the ball.

Smith is bluffing. He is not going to let this go on all season as a distraction and then end up with a player that he gets little or no compensation for in 2011.

A GM has to look to the good of the team. In that regard, it is in Smith's interest to trade Jackson and get something of value back.

In my mind this is posturing.

Smith is bluffing. He is not going to let this go on all season as a distraction and then end up with a player that he gets little or no compensation for in 2011.

A GM has to look to the good of the team. In that regard, it is in Smith's interest to trade Jackson and get something of value back.

Is he a good GM tho? I understand what you are saying, but thats if he was a good GM. Thats where i have problems with the guy.

Smith isn't bluffing because he doesn't have any sense of knowledge of what is good for the team. This is the same guy that fired Marty Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season and hired Norv Turner who by the way hasn't done any better than Marty had except winning one playoff game. So what does he know what is best for the Chargers?

Archived