Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bob Probert has passed away

rincewind

No way! I loved watching Probert and Tie Domi scrap. Man, if Domi has any heart in him, he has to attend the funeral, and hopefully speak.

If memory serves - they were actually good friends. There was a group of brawlers (including Domi and Probert) that grew up together. I'm sure Domi is heartbroken.

Guess I was wrong: http://www.iviewtube.com/v/8248/bitter-rivals-bob-probert-and-tie-domi

As a Red Wing fan... I don't think Probert got enough respect for his offensive game. For a fighter.... he was also a good hockey player that contributed regularly with points. Moreso than any other fighter I recall.

But he has a long history of alcohol and cocaine abuse. So it's not at all surprising he passed away at 45.

RIP Bob.

Yanks, Knicks, red Wings? Damn DH, some excellent choices by you there.

Well, to be honest, I was originally an Expos and Sabres fan. But both franchises turned me off completely a very long time ago with their fire sales. It's impossible to root for a team that trades away their best and most popular players -- ALL OF THEM EVERY YEAR -- for prospects, draft choice or low-budget veterans.

Tom Barrasso was my favorite player of all-time... so I was torn when they traded him to the Penguins and tried to become a Pens fan. But I just couldn't enjoy the Stanley Cups like a true fan.

I was originally a Lakers fan too.... but just because all my friends were. So I decided to follow the Knicks the year after Mark Jackson won ROY.

I always like to "buy low". I started cheering for all the teams when they sucked :)

I was happy when the Red Wings and Yanks finally started winning and finally won a championship. But I haven't enjoyed their successive championships like a "die hard" fan.

That's why I consider myself a casual fan of those teams... with the exception of the Skins.

Archived