Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Take: Trevor Scott on J. Campell Raiders

SWFLSkins

You can call me a hater if you choose to but I can reasonably say this with confidence...

I am hoping Jason Campbell fails in Oakland

My four reasons for wishing him failure:

1. The media would never stop saying how we screwed up and let this guy go for nothing and say things like "never given a chance" which would drive me up a wall

2. We all should want the draft pick to be as high as possible. If the Raiders do well that picks got less value then if they suck

3. We spent so much on Jason Campbell and never got anything out of it. Sorry but I don't want to see our players go to other teams and do well. I don't get any good feeling seeing guys like Pierce or Bailey go to other teams and find success while we sit at home sucking. After all we gave the guy I don't want to see another team reap the rewards for that.

4. It would mean that I was wrong about him. I didn't think much of anything about Campbell when he was here so if he goes on to lead the Raiders to the paloffs I'm going to have to rethink my opinion of the man and admit I was wrong. I don't want to do that

I am perfectly ok hoping he sucks in Oakland and not afraid to admit that to the fans of his. So there :P

No doubt, I wouldn't put Campbell in Russell's 'what the hell is he doing in the NFL?' category.

However, I do put JC in the 'he's not good' category.

That means, technically, he is an upgrade over Russell, but that really isn't saying much.

Yeah, but people tended to act as if, on a scale of 1-10, Russell was a 0 and Campbell was a 2 lol :ols:...it's more like Russell is a 0 and Campbell is a 5. Those poor Raiduh fans have been watching some gawd-awful QB play from JR.

The Raiders have been to the Superbowl in this decade.

:yes:

And they are silently building a good looking defense. The addition of John Henderson has gone under the radar. I think he'll be a big help to their run D as well as Kamerion Wimbley. Whoever said the Raiders won't win 6 games, well, I think you're wrong. I say they win at least 8 and MAYBE the AFC West. It's not that strong as it is, so don't be surprised when they win it.

Yeah, but people tended to act as if, on a scale of 1-10, Russell was a 0 and Campbell was a 2 lol :ols:...it's more like Russell is a 0 and Campbell is a 5. Those poor Raiduh fans have been watching some gawd-awful QB play from JR.

No, I would put Campbell somewhere between 3 and 4, with a few glimpses of 5. :ols:

:yes:

And they are silently building a good looking defense. The addition of John Henderson has gone under the radar. I think he'll be a big help to their run D as well as Kamerion Wimbley. Whoever said the Raiders won't win 6 games, well, I think you're wrong. I say they win at least 8 and MAYBE the AFC West. It's not that strong as it is, so don't be surprised when they win it.

The Raiders won't win 8 games. JC isn't that much of an improvement. He had pretty good 'D's here in Washington, and it he didn't take advantage of it.

The AFC West is the Chargers to own for now. Phillip Rivers alone puts San Diego head and shoulders above all the other teams, IMO.

I don't know...the AFC West sucks. Chargers should still win the division, no doubt, but the Raiders could get 3 or 4 wins from their division rivals alone. They could squeak in 4 more wins out of the remaining 10 games :yes:...

So what your saying is SB?..... :silly:

j/k I guess we will see I will follow their games for sure tho! :)

You can call me a hater if you choose to but I can reasonably say this with confidence...

I am hoping Jason Campbell fails in Oakland

My four reasons for wishing him failure:

1. The media would never stop saying how we screwed up and let this guy go for nothing and say things like "never given a chance" which would drive me up a wall

2. We all should want the draft pick to be as high as possible. If the Raiders do well that picks got less value then if they suck

3. We spent so much on Jason Campbell and never got anything out of it. Sorry but I don't want to see our players go to other teams and do well. I don't get any good feeling seeing guys like Pierce or Bailey go to other teams and find success while we sit at home sucking. After all we gave the guy I don't want to see another team reap the rewards for that.

4. It would mean that I was wrong about him. I didn't think much of anything about Campbell when he was here so if he goes on to lead the Raiders to the paloffs I'm going to have to rethink my opinion of the man and admit I was wrong. I don't want to do that

I am perfectly ok hoping he sucks in Oakland and not afraid to admit that to the fans of his. So there :P

hater:pfft:

i actually believe they'll be 7-9 or even 8-8. they're schedule is a joke thanks to an easy division.

I'd actually put Jawalrus at a -2 and Campbell closer to a four with 5-ish streaks that make you think he's better than he really is, when he's actually pretty average at best.

Hard to believe when you start a thread, provide no link to what you are talking about, and make conclusions based off "the way" the guy said it. Stretch Armstrong can't even reach that far.

It was on the TV(hard to link), and I don't make crap up. Too old for that. While answering the Campbell question he said Uh about five times and skipped right onto Russel, when he talked about Russel his words flowed, that is all I am saying. I like others will wait to see how he and the Raiders look in the preseason.

Elka you've been around awhile, I know you don't remember everyone here, but I swear I never was a Campbell basher. I do think he gave it his best and the circumstances were not ideal, but how many passes can a QB just miss without being held accountable? His comp. % spoke too highly of the reality on the field.

BTW, I had one of those Stretch Armstrong dolls when they first came out, they were friggin awesome.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=326545

Biggest Winners

Oakland: Could Al Davis be hitting his stride once again at age 81? I wouldn’t be surprised after this stellar offseason. Jason Campbell ranks in the lower tier of starting quarterbacks, but is a significant upgrade to what the Raiders had in the released JaMarcus Russell. Defensively, the front seven was bolstered by the drafting of hard-hitting Alabama MLB Rolando McClain (first round) and Texas DT Lamarr Houston (second) and acquisition of three veterans - DT John Henderson and OLBs Kamerion Wimbley and Quentin Groves. The Raiders still have a shaky offensive line and wide receiver corps, but an NFL-record streak of seven consecutive seasons with 11-plus losses should end.

Washington: The team’s most competent head coach-general manager pairing since the early 1990s has made strides to help the Skins return to those glory days. Donovan McNabb should thrive in Mike Shanahan’s offense, especially with the bookend tackles - 2010 first-round pick Trent Williams and two-time Pro Bowl selection Jammal Brown - added by Bruce Allen to help protect Washington’s new starting quarterback. Now, do the Redskins have the right personnel to quickly thrive in Jim Haslett’s 3-4 defense? Will the Albert Haynesworth situation get even more toxic? And can the Redskins get production out of their suspect running backs and wide receivers? Although there’s too much uncertainty to predict a Redskins playoff berth, this franchise is definitely back on track.

Thought this was kinda relative, and I do agree about the Raiders, the division is getting weaker and they have made some good moves.

Archived