Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI.com: Pacquiao-Mayweather agree to terms on fight

Springfield

I'll definitely be buying this one.

Representatives for Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather have agreed to terms on a megafight, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told SI.com on Wednesday. The deal still needs to be approved by Mayweather.

Arum did not disclose terms of the deal, which is expected to be a 50-50 split and include some form of drug testing. The fight is scheduled for Nov. 13 at a location to be determined. Las Vegas and Dallas are considered the favorites to land the fight.

Arum told SI.com that Mayweather has until mid-July to make a decision.

"This really depends, as I see it, on whether Mayweather wants to fight [Pacquiao]" Arum said. "By mid-July, he's either in or out. We're not going to wait forever. We're going to have a fight on Nov. 13 and we would love it to be Mayweather."

Arum said that if Mayweather passed on the fight, they could still make a deal under the negotiated terms next year.

"Nobody is under any obligation to fight this year," Arum said. "He may need more time. When he is ready, we are prepared to do the fight."

Possible alternative opponents for Pacquiao are Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito.

Please not Dallas. Please not Dallas. Please not Dallas.

I would think the market is better in LV but Jones does have a nice place to put on a show..... In those reguards if I ever go there I'm going to some how make my mark on that place!.. :evilg:

Hopefully Mayweather doesn't punk out. You know Manny is gonna end that pretty little streak of Floyd's.

Nah, I don't think so, Mayweather has shown time and time again that he is the best pound for pound fighter. This fight will solidify his legacy.

Huge payday for both fighters, it has to be around 45-50 million dollar purse, maybe more.

You believe what you want Soup, but Mayweather won't leave that ring with a win. Pacquiao is too much for him to finesse his way out of.

:blahblah: Mayweather will stay undefeated and PacMan will have to rely on that singing career he has in the philippines. I know you guys have seen him try to sing with his wife. He's worse than De La Hoya.

:D

Manny has more heart then Floyd but Floyd to me has more skills then Manny. Manny is battle tested, gone through some war fights. Floyd not so much. Mosley was getting Floyd pretty good when they fought at first but Floyd showed off his superior skills and owned the rest of the fight. It's going to go to the end with Floyd winning by points.

Anywhere but Dallass. I can't stand to see Pacman wearing a cowboy jersey.

I hope Mayweather takes the fight. He looked good against Mosley, so he should go ahead and give the people what they want.

Pac is way faster than Mosley, so Mayweather is going to have problems facing some just as quick if not quicker. I'm going with my man Pac, because if he catches Mayweather (which is highly likely), he's going to drop. Maybe not out for the count, but Pac will bring him to his knees once or twice in this fight.

Not too sure about watching Pac/Cotto II as a plan B. I'd rather see him slaughter Margarito instead.

Anywhere but Dallass. I can't stand to see Pacman wearing a cowboy jersey.

I hope Mayweather takes the fight. He looked good against Mosley, so he should go ahead and give the people what they want.

Pac is way faster than Mosley, so Mayweather is going to have problems facing some just as quick if not quicker. I'm going with my man Pac, because if he catches Mayweather (which is highly likely), he's going to drop. Maybe not out for the count, but Pac will bring him to his knees once or twice in this fight.

Not too sure about watching Pac/Cotto II as a plan B. I'd rather see him slaughter Margarito instead.

that cheating **** Margarito doesn't deserve the payday that would accompany a fight with Pacquiao (not that it will stop Bob Arum from giving it to him)

as for the fight itself, mayweather wins a wide unanimous decision, possible late stoppage

Archived