Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR(ish): Engadget/MSNBC: Verizon phone in January, Bloomberg says

NewCliche21

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/29/verizon-iphone-in-january-claims-bloomberg/

And on the msnbc.com homepage under technology.

Hi. Distortion in my pants over this.

I know, I know, it's a rumor, but to get on MSNBC and be reported by Bloomberg is a pretty big deal. It also coincides with a lot of the new iPhone in CDMA and the LTE network debuting next year. Woooooot!

I know, I know, it's a rumor, but to get on MSNBC and be reported by Bloomberg is a pretty big deal. It also coincides with a lot of the new iPhone in CDMA and the LTE network debuting next year. Woooooot!

Yeah, must be a specifically built phone just for verizon. I read an article somewhere the current iphone would not work on CDMA networks and would need an internal redesign in order to work on CDMA. Keep in mind this is a rumor. How many times have we heard the iphone was coming to verizon :ols:

The iPhone came out in June of 2007. Apple signed a 5 year exclusivity deal with AT&T for the rights to the iPhone. Unless there is some loophole in the deal, or it was broken, why do these rumors persist? I don't care either way, but I find it odd. It would have to coincide somehow with an LTE network on Verizon, since their CMDA network currently can't do voice and data at the same time.

The iPhone came out in June of 2007. Apple signed a 5 year exclusivity deal with AT&T for the rights to the iPhone. Unless there is some loophole in the deal, or it was broken, why do these rumors persist?

I think it's because of the $300 early termination fee...

Yeah I heard the same thing on the news tonight. Be interesting to say the least. I wonder if they would try to bump the specs on a CDMA version to compete with the Droids that are released this year.

P.S. LoL! You were busting my chops for saying OMG, and you just typed "Distortion in your pants"? :ols:

Yeah I heard the same thing on the news tonight. Be interesting to say the least. I wonder if they would try to bump the specs on a CDMA version to compete with the Droids that are released this year.

P.S. LoL! You were busting my chops for saying OMG, and you just typed "Distortion in your pants"? :ols:

Apple doesn't need to bump the specs on the iPhone to compete with any Android phones. I highly doubt Apple will be making a CDMA version of the iPhone 4. I would be shocked. And honestly, iPhone on CDMA would be totally lame. Data network is so much slower than AT&T. Not to mention the lack of simultaneous use of voice & data. If I were Apple, I wouldn't want that...it would essentially cripple the phones capabilities.

Apple doesn't need to bump the specs on the iPhone to compete with any Android phones. I highly doubt Apple will be making a CDMA version of the iPhone 4. I would be shocked. And honestly, iPhone on CDMA would be totally lame. Data network is so much slower than AT&T. Not to mention the lack of simultaneous use of voice & data. If I were Apple, I wouldn't want that...it would essentially cripple the phones capabilities.

TrueI shouldn't have said CDMA. However, I can see them making an LTE phone. I would love to see the numbers they would sell then.

It is just a matter of time before it is on Verizon.

1) Well, Apple did indeed talk (internally) about having a CDMA version being produced in September of this year, so that would be great timing to coincide with a January release.

2) Not to help you hijack this thread, but if a teenaged girl, the population that uses "OMG" way more than the 40-year-old population, claimed to have a distortion in her pants, then she's probably not a teenage girl, no?

1) Well, Apple did indeed talk (internally) about having a CDMA version being produced in September of this year, so that would be great timing to coincide with a January release.

2) Not to help you hijack this thread, but if a teenaged girl, the population that uses "OMG" way more than the 40-year-old population, claimed to have a distortion in her pants, then she's probably not a teenage girl, no?

1) Yeah there have been many rumors of a CDMA version in the works. However, I think since it is believed Verizon will be releasing some new LTE phones to take advantage of their new network, it would be a perfect time to announce a LTE version of the iPhone. Is LTE backwards compatible?

2) Seriously? Do a search on here for OMG and you will get TONS of hits. Do a search of "Distortion in my pants" and you get 1 hit.

1) Yeah there have been many rumors of a CDMA version in the works. However, I think since it is believed Verizon will be releasing some new LTE phones to take advantage of their new network, it would be a perfect time to announce a LTE version of the iPhone. Is LTE backwards compatible?

2) Seriously? Do a search on here for OMG and you will get TONS of hits. Do a search of "Distortion in my pants" and you get 1 hit.

1) I don't think that it's backwards compatible.

2) Dude, get off of my ass. Again, next time you're in line in the grocery store, look at the magazines. Are the magazines targeting the teenage girls using "OMG" or is "Men's Health" plastered with the phrase? The fact that I used a unique phrase doesn't mean anything for your argument. Just stop. You're smarter than this.

1) I don't think that it's backwards compatible.

2) Dude, get off of my ass. Again, next time you're in line in the grocery store, look at the magazines. Are the magazines targeting the teenage girls using "OMG" or is "Men's Health" plastered with the phrase? The fact that I used a unique phrase doesn't mean anything for your argument. Just stop. You're smarter than this.

1) So if it is an LTE phone, their Coverage will be sparce initially. Bummer.

2) Dude, you started busting my chops for saying OMG, then busted my chops for having a 69 in my handle. My Comment in this thread was an ironic joke. Get over it and grow some thicker skin.

1) So if it is an LTE phone, their Coverage will be sparce initially. Bummer.

2) Dude, you started busting my chops for saying OMG, then busted my chops for having a 69 in my handle. My Comment in this thread was an ironic joke. Get over it and grow some thicker skin.

1) Yeah, but I'm thinking that it'll be like the EVO that is 3G/4G. No reason to sell a phone that people can't use.

1.5) I like that we get along in this part of the thread, but not here:

2) It's over. I mean, OMG, we're Redskins fans! :):cheers:

1) Yeah, but I'm thinking that it'll be like the EVO that is 3G/4G. No reason to sell a phone that people can't use.

1.5) I like that we get along in this part of the thread, but not here:

2) It's over. I mean, OMG, we're Redskins fans! :):cheers:

So they can make a LTE phone that has a CDMA chip in as well? I would think they would have to, or else AT&T would jump all over them and their network then.

No worries here. I don't take anything personal on message boards, and the post in here was really a joke. :cheers:

Archived