Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Stop Snitching" producer gets 20 years

Dan T.

The Maryland U.S. Attorney's Office announced today the sentencings of two gang members, including the infamous Ronnie Thomas, known as Skinny Suge, the producer of the Stop Snitching videos [article links to YouTube video that contains offensive language].

In the video, Thomas said, "I can say what I want. F--- the police. F--- Patricia Jessamy. I can't go to jail for that. This is how I feel. What y'all getting me for? Freedom of speech?" What they got him for was racketeering conspiracy, and he got nearly the maximum sentence.

The video came to symbolize Baltimore's witness intimidation culture, and got NBA star and native Baltimorean Carmelo Anthony in hot water for a cameo. The player later apologized and said he didn't endorse its message.

More at Baltimore Sun: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/2010/06/producer_of_stop_snitching_vid.html

:applause:

I work with victims and witnesses at the county prosecutors office, specifically the gang unit- I can't begin to tell you how many people refuse to talk to the police, or testify. Its so frustrating.

It takes everyone in a community to make it safe. More and more people need to stand up to these thugs. Stand up for what is right.

Archived