Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Places By Beach/Bay Near DC

steve09ru

Does anyone know of any small beaches within 2-3 hours of DC...Going to the Mets/Nats game on the 4th and want to get a place by the beach for the first night....

If anyone knows of any place or anybody with a place willing to rent, please pm me...thanks!

Google North Beach MD, same with Chesapeake Beach, they are right next to each other. North Beach is a very small quaint town with little eateries and shops, and yes they have a beach :pfft: My grandfather used to live there and now I have friends that live there.

About a 45 minute drive or so from DC, maybe 1h

Here is there web site http://www.ci.north-beach.md.us/Pages/index

within two to three hours there are a ton. You've got the MD beaches Ocean City is the biggest, the Delaware Beaches... Rehobeth, Dewey, Bethany, etc. The nice thing about Delaware is no sales tax and it's a little quieter if you want to chill on the beach.

Google North Beach MD, same with Chesapeake Beach, they are right next to each other. North Beach is a very small quaint town with little eateries and shops, and yes they have a beach :pfft: My grandfather used to live there and now I have friends that live there.

About a 45 minute drive or so from DC, maybe 1h

Here is there web site http://www.ci.north-beach.md.us/Pages/index

North beach is nice, but the water is ill. I would never swim on any of those beaches anymore on the Bay. It's sad. Kayak yes, maybe get my feet wet, swim, no.

North beach is nice, but the water is ill. I would never swim on any of those beaches anymore on the Bay. It's sad. Kayak yes, maybe get my feet wet, swim, no.

My family swims in the bay all of the time and nothing happens to them. To take it a step further, on one of the beaches you can only get to by boat, my nephews actually coat themselves from head to toe with the mud, they haven't grown two heads yet.

if you want a cheaper place thats nice and less crowded, you could try chincoteague. lots of cheap places to stay there that'll be about half what you pay in ocean city. its about 45 minutes south-ish of salisbury.

fenwick island, just north of ocean city, also has better deals on hotels than ones just a few miles south in OC. google 'cheap hotels (or motels) fenwick island'.

if you want a cheaper place thats nice and less crowded, you could try chincoteague. lots of cheap places to stay there that'll be about half what you pay in ocean city. its about 45 minutes south-ish of salisbury.

fenwick island, just north of ocean city, also has better deals on hotels than ones just a few miles south in OC. google 'cheap hotels (or motels) fenwick island'.

within two to three hours there are a ton. You've got the MD beaches Ocean City is the biggest, the Delaware Beaches... Rehobeth, Dewey, Bethany, etc. The nice thing about Delaware is no sales tax and it's a little quieter if you want to chill on the beach.

I think he's talking about 4th of July weekend though so all the Delaware beaches and OC are not only gonna be packed but they have jacked all of their prices up to summer rates since Memorial Day. Some of those smaller places that others have mentioned, as well as chincoteague, or assateague, would probably be a better choice.

I think he's talking about 4th of July weekend though so all the Delaware beaches and OC are not only gonna be packed but they have jacked all of their prices up to summer rates since Memorial Day. Some of those smaller places that others have mentioned, as well as chincoteague, or assateague, would probably be a better choice.

yeah...every place i have checked along md and delaware by the coach have been booked...not to mention some of the smaller places...even off the Potomac would be nice

My family swims in the bay all of the time and nothing happens to them. To take it a step further, on one of the beaches you can only get to by boat, my nephews actually coat themselves from head to toe with the mud, they haven't grown two heads yet.

It is a very clean, well put together town. They have the most high-dollar pier around and a nice boardwalk.

yeah...every place i have checked along md and delaware by the coach have been booked...not to mention some of the smaller places...even off the Potomac would be nice

well, if youre looking at something 3 hours from DC, there is deep creek lake. beautiful area- and they do have 'beaches' there.

the garrett inn is the cheapest but decent place to stay. offlakerentals.com has some of the better deals in the area.

Archived