Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rabach ... Oline captain?

joeknows

Rabach 4 penalties/1 false start/3 holds & 1 sack allowed in 2009

3 penalties/ 0 false start/2 holds & 5.5 sacks allowed 2008

Dock was almost the same...

Dockery 4 penalties/3 false starts/0 holds & 1.75 sacks allowed in 2009. in 2008 he allowed 8.25 sacks.

for Heyer...

Heyer 7 penalties/4 false starts/3 holds & 9 sacks allowed 2009 (granted a probably better suited at right tackle or guard)

Agreed. Rabach is not an elite center by any means, but is good enough to get by if there's talent around him. He gets a bad rap from skins fans for those two back to back penalties against the Cowboys in 2008 that negated a touchdown. We won that game anyway and Rabach only had one other penalty that entire season, but he's still remembered as being terrible.

The other reason we seem to think of Rabach as terrible is because Zorn thought it was quite alright to leave him alone to handle 3-4 nose tackles by himself. If a center can handle NT's by himself that means he is an elite player and a likely pro-bowler. Rabach is neither of these things so we shouldn't be surprised that he repeatedly gets beat when left alone against nose tackles. It's a mistake to repeatedly put your center in that position in the first place, but that's what you get when your tackles can't handle anyone 1on1 either.

He's reliable and consistent, but certainly not in the top half of centers in the league.

There's no denying Rabach got straight up PWN'ed several times last year. He's too small.

But being smaller and faster might be somewhat of an advantage in this offense.

However... he still has played pretty awful.. but I don't know who else you would make captain of the O-Line.

Certainly not Dock or M. Williams.. with Randy and Chris gone.. Rabach is it.

I saw where Rabach's movie recieved an Emmy? I'm disappointed that, apparently, I'm the only person who hasn't seen it.

I think people are overreacting. Rabach's gonna have a great year. Don't under estimate the benefit of intelligence.

well stats dont lie i guess and thank you for taking the time to look those up. i guess maybe it is the timing of those penalties that make me remember them. it just seems that i remember on more than one occasion rabach has been a drive killer.

it's called Fan Perception, and it's almost never accurate lol.

Rabach got some praise by analysts last year and Shanahan made keeping him on one of the first priorities. He's nowhere near as bad as some on here claim.

I saw where Rabach's movie recieved an Emmy? I'm disappointed that, apparently, I'm the only person who hasn't seen it.

I think people are overreacting. Rabach's gonna have a great year. Don't underestimate the benefit of intelligence.

rabachs movie? huh? what?

Who else would be captain on the o-line?

Williams is a rookie.

Dockery? I don't think so. If you're going to get on Rabach for inconsistent play, you can't excuse Dockery either.

Hicks? He just got here and he's a swing OL.

Mike Williams? He hasn't proven anything yet.

Our o-line isn't stocked at the moment, and as much as I hate having Rabach as our starting center, he is our most reasonable "captain" option for the unit.

• 4 months later...
it's called Fan Perception, and it's almost never accurate lol.

Rabach got some praise by analysts last year and Shanahan made keeping him on one of the first priorities. He's nowhere near as bad as some on here claim.

just because im a **** im gonna bump this after referencing it in THIS thread....

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?338018-WP-Cooley-Demands-Accountability

i guess after watching this guy for i dunno how many years now i have seen time and time again he is a liability.... now cooley is calling out the OL for a lack of leadership and .......tadah..... guess who the OL capt is?

i guess this fans perception was spot on even back in june huh?

but i am in no way letting lich and heyer slide by.... how any of these three are even on this team is beyond me.....

Mano y mano Rabach is horrible. He is good at getting to the second level though. I think he'd look a lot better if the two guards next to him were better. From 05-07 with Derrick Dockery/Pete Kendall to his left and Randy Thomas to his right he was one of the better Cs in the league. I'm not saying he's elite or anything, and he definitely has flaws that are now clear when the guys next to him aren't any good, but he does have some positives.

I'd still let him go at season's end though. The C can't be a weakness.

the Skins should have replaced him with someone.but Rabach being captain when he is the main reason the oline struggles is beyond me.I agree he's experienced and can make all the calls and knows what he wants to do.But physically he can't do it anymore.Just about every week he's being owned, they bench Mcnabb because he's been inconsistant but Rabach continues, i don't get it.They have had enough chances to fix it.with a esttled down and more consistant oline this offense could do some damage and make the whole team better.

Nice Bump.

Casey,

I appreciate everything you did for the number of years you have been here. Stealing you from the Ravens back in the day was a great move. Your leadership has also been great.

However, I believe your play is one the major problems on offense. I think its time for the team to move in a different direction. We have got to give Donovan more time, and let him feel more comfortable, so he doesn't do stupid things like throw interceptions at critical moments.

Thanks again.

P.S. - If you could help coach up the two guys to either side of you on the line that would be great too!

I admit I rag on Rabach as much as anyone, but the truth is he has the most experience. Undersized and old, owned almost weekly by any NT, but he's the only choice as OL Captain. When he first came here, he was a definite upgrade over Raymer, but in the NFL, most battles between youth and experience usually favor youth (and size over undersized). I would like to see a new center drafted or picked up through FA, but I'd still like to see Rabach around to impart his experince, at least for a season, to the next generation center.

Rabach has been pretty bad for awhile now, but we've done nothing to find his replacement. A guy like Belichick would have gotten rid of him three years ago and would have at least tried to get a 7th rounder for him.. Now, Rabach has hit rock bottom and there is no replacement in sight.

It's time for these guys to sack up and play with some pride and focus. It's embarrassing what they're allowing to happen to a player like McNabb. They're far from a dominant line, but they can certainly play better than the last couple of weeks.

Rabach's a Captain? Yeah, maybe Captain Crunch. And the rest of the line has been the Crunchberries. (Trent, you're exonerated.)

its just the oline captain gosh...he has to make the calls because hes in the center of the line....u wouldnt want a left tackle trying to tell the right tackle his changes or block reads...all centers are captains of the oline.....what next some u guys gonna want a reciever calling offensive audibles because hes better than the qb

You guys defending this BUM Rabach make me sick. The OP is correct with his assumptions.

I agree that Rabach should be the captain, simply based on his tenure with the team and his number of years in the league. But this is NOT based on his play. This guy is THE WEAKEST LINK on our line right now.

Please...I understand 90% of people on here are pure homers, but enough is enough. Thank you Homer , I totally agree.

Let these players prove something before you assume they will have good years in 2010.

Thank you.

Thank you Homer, Im in total agreement.

Sincerely Homer

• 3 weeks later...

so ..... in light of rabach going down in sundays game and how well the line played and looked without him.... maybe a few of you would like to change your position now???

sorry i couldnt help it. im not right that often so yeah.... when i am im gonna gloat a lil bit.

HTTR!

Archived