Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Compilation of June 2nd OTA Observations

Conn

I too am a little nervous about Rex Grossman.... I'm not sure about him.

I think we are all nervous about Grossman, keep in mind he is legendary for his 0.0 passer rating at one point in his career. He can light it up at times, but his tendency to make BONEHEADED throws into triple coverage will make you want to puke.

-Colt Brennan throwing a pick in the redzone sounds VERY familiar

-Yeah Perry Riley with the 1st team defense...WOOT!

-trade Andre Carter

-whats that play between Doughty and Moore??? Get Atogwe on the phone !!!

I hear ya on Atogwe, but gotta disagree about the Carter trade. While I would've agreed a while back, it now seems like he's happy with how he'll be used in this system, and he's a much better rusher than Alexander. He'll be overpaid, yeah, but if you can't get value for him, better to keep him.

Nice Gina Carano sig.

BD

I think we are making a mistake with Carter. He played well enough last year that he deserves to start and reprove himself.

It sounds like he's only 2nd string right now because he just got back from his injury. If he re-earns his spot, we'll know about it. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

I think we are making a mistake with Carter. He played well enough last year that he deserves to start and reprove himself.

I think it will be a situational thing with Carter seeing the field in when we expect pass and say Alexander on the field in obvious running situations and short yardage.

Carter will probably end up being the starter. He's just coming back from injury. So, they are working him in slowly. They did the same with Moss and Thomas. Haynesworth will also have to do the same.

We do not need to spend $7 million on Atogwe

I hear ya on Atogwe, but gotta disagree about the Carter trade. While I would've agreed a while back, it now seems like he's happy with how he'll be used in this system, and he's a much better rusher than Alexander. He'll be overpaid, yeah, but if you can't get value for him, better to keep him.

Nice Gina Carano sig.

BD

You guys do realize Carter is coming back from a torn bicep (I think)? He was limited in the first OTAs and it's actually good to see him on the field. Man, one bad practice and we're trading everyone. Get a grip.

Exactly, and that's why LA was starting over him. We'll see if that continues.

You guys do realize Carter is coming back from a torn bicep (I think)? He was limited in the first OTAs and it's actually good to see him on the field. Man, one bad practice and we're trading everyone. Get a grip.

Anyone drawing conclusions from reading someone else's description of what happens on the field (during a single practice especially) is a little weird.

Anyone drawing conclusions from reading someone else's description of what happens on the field (during a single practice especially) is a little weird.

Ain't that the truth. That's why, even though its great to read all of this stuff, you have to look at in context and take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks a ton for doing all that work.

Great read for sure. I love the stuff about how hard they're working and the pace of the work theyre doing. These guys want it and obviously Redskins Park has a very different feel to it this year.

LOVE the Galloway updates; keep'em coming :drooley:

I know this is kind of corny, but something I always get excited about is the kicking competition--have you heard anything at all?

Year in and year out, I've been rooting for anyone in the world to unseat Suisham. Last year it was Rayner (who by all accounts seemingly outperformed Suisham in camp). This year is different. This time we have two young guys, who I'd imagine are on equal ground.

I think a lot of people overlook the position, which is ridiculous, because when it comes down to it, the kicker is scoring probably a third of your points and doing kickoffs.

Anywayyyyyyyyyy, even though I wanted to DRAFT Gano last year, I'm really pulling for Medlock. I'm not sure why, but I like him a lot.

With the Argonauts, he was 40/46 with a long of 52 and at UCLA, he holds their record for most field goals over 50 yds...

Archived