Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lakers vs. Celtics final

WVUforREDSKINS

Title wrong

Anyway it would be nice but it wouldn't even come close to the old 80's rivalry. Now that was a rivalry. First of all there were two notable stars who had something going on, Magic and Larry. You can't say that any Celtic or Laker today has any type of animosity between them, in fact they're all friends!

Nostalgia time

"Clothesline"

X7r6vXeOfyQ

"Baby Hook"

krYBPN_0HXw

"The Magic Collapse"

BUMsSqt8r6w

Celtics fans rushed the court at least twice, during that game and the Rockets game.

The funniest thing about the Celtics rushing the court is the video after the one I posted, of the championship celebration. In the video there is a shirtless fan with boxers on, standing on the goal.

gSpdkL0n50c&feature=related

1:00 in :ols:

This is a historic rivalry and Boston would be playing for the most titles of any NBA team.

Historic rivalry, yes... Also the Celtics have had the most titles since like the 50's? Not sure why people here on ES think otherwise?

I just hope the Suns push the lakers to 7....

ixc, lol That's funny. I don't ever remember seeing that before either. Pretty sure dude got arrested though.

That clip also is a reminder of just how great the NBA used to be. That rivalry will never be topped. And I loved the NBA on CBS.

I grew up loving Penny Hardaway, Iverson at Gtown, Reggie Miller (I played shooting guard), and Gary Payton.

I always rooted against Jordan, but still loved him. And I don't think anyone will ever top him.

I agree that the NBA is boring now. Most of the money in the NBA comes from overseas.

I used to LOVE the NBA. Once I heard this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xVYTHka9mg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xVYTHka9mg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

you knew it was gametime. Now I can't stand it and can't even sit down to watch one game.

^^ You weren't even born! lol

I've watched the entire game on ESPN Classic and Youtube. So what am I not allowed to comment on things that happened before 1990? I also watched where Doc Rivers said he hasn't gone back and watched it yet because it's still painful to think about. I don't blame him. One hell of a duel.

1988 NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals - Celtics vs. Hawks

Game 7 - Bird vs. Wilkins 2 OT duel

Celtics win 118-116.

It ended in regulation, and I actually remember that game. Bird went 9/10 from the field in the quarter, and Dominique found he had a jumper all of a sudden in that game. It was a classic duel.

I dunno, I never did care much for pro basketball, at least after '99 Finals when the Spurs won it.

The Wizards are usually lousy and it just seems like a shooting contest. I'm more partial to College Ball.

Still, there is something appealing about the Lakers-Celtics rivalry. If that's the match up, I'll probably watch.

Best game was probably one of the 2002 WCF games. I still believe to this day that was one of the best series ever played.

I said in other thread I had taken a hiatus from the NBA and I couldn't even watch one game. During last year's playoffs I didn't watch a single full game, and during the finals I would turn the TV on in the 4th quarter. I'll try to watch a full game again when the Finals start

OK Question.

What is the greatest game (to you) ever played?

Game 6 1988 NBA Finals...Isiah Thomas destroys his ankle...and yet scores 25 points in the 3rd quarter and almost banks in the game-winner. However it took 2 Free-throws from Jabbar (the guy everyone said was an albatross around the Lakers neck) to send it to a game seven in the last 3 seconds.

It ended in regulation, and I actually remember that game. Bird went 9/10 from the field in the quarter, and Dominique found he had a jumper all of a sudden in that game. It was a classic duel.

Oh you're right it was a regulation finish. Nevertheless outstanding duel. Great to watch on ESPN Classic during 8th grade summer vacation.

As for best game I actually watched live, alot of options. The Fisher 0.4 shot game comes to mind.

Archived