Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soccer- US Men vs Czech Republic tonight 730 ESPN

Kilmer17

Nothing to worry about it's just a friendly game. The key to the world cup could be the fitness, most of the teams will have to deal with players who don't have much left in their tank. Greece was not even an underdog during Euro 2004 in Portugal, yet, they won with a tough defense and because they were running on fresh legs. We went to the 2002 WC with the most explosive offense, including the best scorers of the French, English and Italian championships. We were sent packing after the first round having scored no goal in 3 games, because the players were exhausted (and a lousy coach).

We know our A Team can at least compete with Spain and Brazil. Not worried.

I don't believe they really can. Not that those two games didn't matter, just that WC is totally different. Kind of like the difference between regular season and playoffs in NHL. This team still struggles to build in the middle 1/3.

Nah, more like the Olympics vs the world championships. Or Masters vs US Open.

I was impressed with Goodson. Not just his header, but his defense was calm and smart. I also liked Edu's performance once he moved to CB. I think that was what BB was looking for. It allows him to drop one of the DBs in exchange for both forward options.

Sacha still blows donkeys. He's dreadful. Eddie Johnson is still offsides.

So my new 23 is this-

3 GKs

Gooch, Boca, Spector, Demerit, Cherundolo (who had a great game), Goodson, Bornstein (I know, I KNOW!)

Donovan, Dempsey, Bradley, Holden, Edu, Clark, Feilhaber, Beasley (who suprised me), Torres.

Jozy, Ching, Buddle, Gomez

US defense looked flat out horrible. If they play like that against the brits look for a blow out, 6-1

The only guy out there who will be on the pitch against England is Gooch.

Spector, Demerit Boca all sat.

In the midfield, Donovan, Bradley and Dempsey all sat.

And of course Howard sat.

If we start the same team vs England, it will be 6-1. But that's not the team we'll see.

Ching is horrible, surprised by Beasley - this team has no depth.

Ching is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Findley who struggles to see the field for an MLS team.

Beasley is playing well. And even though I know it's Lucy and the football, he earned his spot back. He also got the nod over Bedoya because he can play LB in a pinch.

Ching is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Findley who struggles to see the field for an MLS team.

Beasley is playing well. And even though I know it's Lucy and the football, he earned his spot back. He also got the nod over Bedoya because he can play LB in a pinch.

Ching is a lamppost. If this team at any point would even need the services of Findley/Ching, then they're in bigger trouble than expected. It's a shame Onyewu is coming off that injury, he most likely won't be 100% throughout the tourney.

Ching has 44 caps and 11 goals for the Natl Team as opposed to 3 caps and 0 goals for Findley.

If we need either we're in trouble, but Ching is clearly the better of those bad options.

I wish Gooch was 100 percent. But he's not, however an 80 percent Gooch is still probably our best option. But I wont be shocked if he sits vs England.

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton, England), Tim Howard (Everton, England).

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes, France), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, Germany), Jay DeMerit (Watford, England), Clarence Goodson (IK Start, Norway), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan, Italy), Jonathan Spector (West Ham, England).

Midfielders: DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, England), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Maurice Edu (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus, Denmark), Stuart Holden (Bolton, England), Jose Torres (Pachuca, Mexico).

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Hull, England), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles), Robbie Findley (Salt Lake), Herculez Gomez (Puebla, Mexico).

Archived