Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soccer- US Men vs Czech Republic tonight 730 ESPN

Kilmer17

Final friendly before the final roster is announced Wed or Thur (There will be 2 more friendlies after that).

Im assuming the following arent making it-

Sacha (please let me be right)

Eddie Johnson (pretty please)

Findley

Rogers

Marshall

Which leaves Bedoya vs Beasley and Buddle vs Gomez for the final 2 spots.

My guess is we see Buddle up top in the first half with Jozy and Gomez in the 2nd with Ching.

And Beasley getting the start at LM with Bedoy coming on to replace either Dempsey or Donovan in the 2nd.

He'll probably play around with the backline a bit, but I think those spots are set. Goodson has the versatility that Pearce does not across the line and Bornstein is the least crappy of any of our LB sub options.

I thought the final roster was to be chosen by June 1st leaving the USA-Turkey game Saturday to be the last one.

Anyway, I agree with your list you don't think will make it. Hopefully Holden can get back to form.

I think that's when it HAS to be submitted, but Bob has indicated this will be it. He wants to use the Turkey game and then the Australia game as warmups for his final 23 and decide between the few not obvious starters (Edu or Clark and Holden or Buddle/Gomez).

We'll also certainly have a few "closed scrimmages" when we get to SA.

And then I read this.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2010/05/us_roster_clues.html

The very early -- and very unconfirmed, unofficial -- buzz is that several regulars will remain in street clothes. The names I hear are Jozy Altidore, Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley and Carlos Bocanegra. Other veterans will be in reserve.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocV5bGHdYag&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Almost got the equalizer there. Darn. :(

Defense...do we have any?

Honestly, the only left back that we have that is even capable is bocanegra. After that, we have nothing. Bornestein is the best of the worst. And that is sad. Sacha shouldnt ever be on the team in the first place. but thats another story. So right there you have 2 non factors on the field. But goodson looks decent.

Please for the love of God do not let Heath Pearce make the squad as well. This guy is horrid, can't cover, is to slow when beaten, can't make good judgment on pursuit angles for defense (like covering the inside of a cutting player), and simply is not good....I don't care who we got give someone else a shot there.

Sorry, been holding that in since early qualifying.

Hail.

Please for the love of God do not let Heath Pearce make the squad as well. This guy is horrid, can't cover, is to slow when beaten, can't make good judgment on pursuit angles for defense (like covering the inside of a cutting player), and simply is not good....I don't care who we got give someone else a shot there.

Sorry, been holding that in since early qualifying.

Hail.

Id rather have wynne there than pearce. But then again, id rather have neither.

Archived