Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does signing Patrick Crayton make more sense than T.O.?

Cool as Crud

Also, maybe make your OP a little longer and more detailed, more well-thought out? Career stats, a bio, some links. Maybe a couple of highlight vids embedded? Much better conversation will ensue, I assure you.

Thanks for the tip. Still kinda new here.

So what's that saying about Thomas, and Kelly if we'll discussing bringing in this guy? The problem is that when these guys get on teams, they think they've made it, or put their signature on the NFL. This will be a training camp that will either make or break them. They're not good route runners. Say what you will about Owens, but you know that he would draw the most attention on the field even if you had Thomas, Kelly, and Crayton in the lineup. All it would take are a few TD's to T.O. to change people minds. Owens knows this is probably his last rodeo.

In terms of watching our younger receivers grow under our new regime, I don't know if we need another receiver. However, that can be an insular way of looking at things. Crayton would not only bring experience and skills to our team and WR corp, but he would also give us intel on the Cowboys' offense. As minute as that information would be, it would still uncover certain nuances we were unaware of and increase our level of competiveness against our most hated rivals.

It's definitely something to chew on. For me, I don't think it would be a disadvantage to bring him in if that is something that's available to us.

I don't care... stats are similar...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=CRA820452&player2=OWE755129&player3=null&player4=null&position=widereceiver&playerOne=Patrick+Crayton&playerTwo=Terrell+Owens&playerThree=Select+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player...

I would argue that if we could get him with out throwing away a draft pick to Dallas then fine, but obviously that won't happen unless we throw a decent player at Dallas. Do we want to do that?

Due to similar stats I'd rather have T.O. for 1-2 yrs with out having to throw away players or draft picks for Crayton. Hopefully during those 1-2yrs Thomas or Kelly or a future draft pick can develope into a #1 WR.

Man this is the best time to throw are draft picks from 08 into the battle field!!!... F.Davis got thrown into the starting line up last year and did GREAT!!!... Next up Thomas, Kelly!!!!....

Here in lies the problem...

No one said Davis couldn't run routes, wasn't where he was supposed to be, or was injured. Davis's problem was we had Cooley. Cooley was JC's security blanket. JC only trusted Moss, ARE, Portis, and Cooley. I'm stretching it a bit throwing in ARE. If Moss wasn't open JC would throw to Cooley. In other words JC failed to look over the whole field.

When Cooley went down Davis became the security blanket. Kinda forced into it. The big question is ... will Thomas and Kelly be better with McNabb throwing to them (hopefully) or will not? or are we going to see the same stuff out of them... which has been not running the right routes, not getting to the spot they are supposed to be at, or being injured? I like the rest of you hope the two work out but Thomas is the closest after putting in two yrs on the field. Kelly only has one and still has a lot of work to do thats even if he can stay healthy.

Snyder and Jones do not trade.

Lots of us seem to agree we need a receiver or two. Crayton's asked for a trade, and Dallas seems to have plenty of receivers. He wasn't exactly terrible last year- only 37 catches, but averaging almost 17 yards.

Thoughts?

Patrick Crayton? Really? I really wonder if many of you actually watch football games.

Crayton's age is a problem. His hands are a problem. And equally as important, his attitude is a serious problem. The guy is in some ways worse than Owens in that he talks more crap than Terrell does. Crayton is one of the most arrogant wide receivers in the NFL (and that is saying a lot considering how diva-like they are in the NFL). The way he talks its like he is a Hall of Famer.

The dude is a moron. I will never endorse having Crayton in a Redskin's uniform. And on top of that, we would have to trade for him? Really?

And we have our winner!! This pretty much says it all. Great post. The only thing you forgot to mention is his freakishly big Bug Eyes.

You can't be serious?!

He will be no better fit here than he is there. He will want the ball thrown to him.

Not that I want him, but what receiver does'nt want the ball thrown to him?

If a wide received does not want the ball, then he should not be a wide receiver.

This is too much. The McNabb trade was weird and a little tough to take at first but I got over it. Picking up a couple of linemen from rival teams is another odd situation but no problem sense beggars can't be choosers. All of the fans wanting to pick up rival players because they have mancrushes on them is making this happen.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/hmbnimbus/ScannersExplodingHead-1.gif

Use and abuse all three RBs this year and let McNabb air it out to Cooley/Davis and give Thomas/Kelly some looks. This is the year to see what they got.

I hate the idea of giving Dallas anything of value. I'd offer a couple tubs of Gatorade for him, but that's it. Now, if we were talking about Ware or Ratliff, that'd be different.

If we need to bring in another WR, I'd rather just pay TO come here for a couple of years. But I'd like to see DT and MK get a chance to see what they can do. I liked what I saw from DT last year and I think at least he deserves a chance this year.

Archived