Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does signing Patrick Crayton make more sense than T.O.?

Cool as Crud

Well if Moss is suspended we all know Allen and Shanny will have a plan in place either Bobby Wade or JG will step up or maybe T. Austin plays lights out in camp and preseason and makes the team. Or we sign TO either way it will be for only 4 games we'll be OK.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm sure I'm echoing some points already made, but the main difference between the two is that we don't have to give anything up for TO. I don't know that I want either (certainly not TO - yeah he was a dominating, hall-of-fame caliber player but he's not anymore and he's a headache and potential cancer), but I sure don't want to trade away another draft pick.

Crayton is no better than a #3 receiver.

Whether Thomas and Kelly are as good or better than Crayton will be determined in 2010 now that the team has a real QB and a proven system to run them in.

But picking up Crayton isn't going to happen. Why?

1. Shanahan doesn't value him that highly. Sure, he would take him as a free agent or for a #5 pick, but the Redskins aren't going to trade anything of real value for him.

2. Dallas isn't going to trade Crayton within the division. The Eagles traded McNabb to Washington but that deal almost had to be made in the way that Donovan forced Philly into a corner. Crayton doesn't have the same leverage.

Just wait long enough and he will be released. If we even need a receiver by then, I'd consider giving Haynesworth, Kelly and the next 2 years first rounders for Andre Johnson! Hey! I can dream right?

Well, that sounds more like a nightmare. What a **** dream.

next year with a probable lockout and a no-cap season in 2010, it is reasonable to sign 30 plus year old players on one year contracts to fill holes in depth on your club.

for a team like Washington where Cerrato left Shanahan little depth across the board a lot of attention has had to be focused on signing veterans for backup duty.

If Moss is suspended, I would expect the Redskins to make a trade for a wide receiver. But not for Crayton. And it won't be a signing of TO either.

My guess is that Galloway and Wade won't show enough to be the 'veteran' presence needed going into the season and the team will look elsewhere.

Does beating ones head in with a hammer make more sense than using a power drill to bore holes in it?

Right now there are two WR's and a TE going into their third year taken in Round 2 and the TE has outperformed them both. Neither MK or DT have played much beyond a 4th round pick. Time to get up and play or time to make them go away. But let's see what cream rises to the top - at least one will I would wager.

Whenever I hear Patrick Crayton's name I always think of the time when the Skins beat Dallas @ Texas Stadium in 2008. He said he absolutely can't stand losing to the Redskins and how he couldn't wait to beat them later on in the season.

So I say he can go to hell and play for Detroit this season. :)

There's really no need to trade for Crayton. The Cowboys have Austin, Williams, Bryant, Crayton, Hurd, Ogletree and a bunch of UDFA/practice squad type guys. If they cut one of the top 6, maybe you give him a call and see if he wants to try out.

right now, I would forget about the draft position of Thomas and Kelly.

Shanahan and Allen didn't draft these players, just as they didn't draft Tryon and Chad Rinehart.

There is no more 'hiding' mistakes at Redskins Park.

Either these guys can play or they need to be gone :)

Whenever I hear Patrick Crayton's name I always think of the time when the Skins beat Dallas @ Texas Stadium in 2008. He said he absolutely can't stand losing to the Redskins and how he couldn't wait to beat them later on in the season.

So I say he can go to hell and play for Detroit this season. :)

We should probably only get players that enjoy losing.

If Moss is suspended, I would expect the Redskins to make a trade for a wide receiver. But not for Crayton. And it won't be a signing of TO either.

My guess is that Galloway and Wade won't show enough to be the 'veteran' presence needed going into the season and the team will look elsewhere.

I know this has no basis in reality at all and is only a personal hunch/belief, but who could you see the Skins trading for? It seems that most of the big or semi-big name WR's who were disgruntled with their former teams have been succesfully moved. Of course, in a trade situation, I'd much rather do what NE did with Welker and get an underappreciated guy for a lower-round pick. But I really can't think of anyone...

Archived