Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Insider: Buffalo News reports Santana Moss is the unnamed Redskin implicated in the Galea reports [edit: now with Buffalo News article]

jferraro

To me this becomes an IQ test. I don't care if HGH is fine and should be legal it comes down to the face that players know that it is a banned substance and that he did it anyway. This is like rookies testing positive for pot at the combine.

Granted, I am unaware of Moss every failing a PED test so I am not jumping to the conclusion that he took anything, but if true than own up to it and take your suspension.

My hope is that it was not something the Redskins made him or even asked him to do in order to get back on the field.

No big deal in my book. Sounds like if he was using, it was just a small injection into the injured tissue, to help recovery. I am not against the use of HGH for these purposes. Moss is not someone whose game would be helped by using PEDs.

It doesn't matter if it was for faster recovery or if it was to bulk up. It is still a competitive advantage over those not using and it's still illegal. I'm a big Moss fan and will continue to be but if he is found to have knowingly used it for any reason he deserves to be suspended. Rules are rules.

And anyone's game would be helped by PED's. Moss is a speed guy yes, but speed comes from muscles too.

Wow, we are insanely thin at WR.

T.O. anyone? It might start quitely be discussed internally if Shanahan expects a suspension looming. Not at all the same type of WR as Moss but we're about to become extremely inexperienced at WR with the exception of the overly experienced Galloway if Moss gets a timeout.

So why is HGH banned if being used to help heal faster? Honestly. It's only allowing you to play sooner, therefore under conditions you weren't able to before. I'm not being a smart-***, I simply don't know.

So...how is this different from cortizone shots and pain killers, even like tylenol or advil? Those drugs allow you to play with physical conditions you normally couldn't. Aren't those technically performance-enhancing then?

So why is HGH banned if being used to help heal faster? Honestly. It's only allowing you to play sooner, therefore under conditions you weren't able to before.

So...how is this different from cortizone shots and pain killers, even like tylenol or advil? Those drugs allow you to play with physical conditions you normally couldn't. Aren't those technically performance-enhancing then?

Because it also allows you to be bigger, faster and stronger due to the ability to increase the volume of workouts.

So why is HGH banned if being used to help heal faster? Honestly. It's only allowing you to play sooner, therefore under conditions you weren't able to before. I'm not being a smart-***, I simply don't know.

Because it is used for a lot more than just trying to heal faster.

This has 4-6 games written all over it.

Brandon Marshall was too expensive, but yeah, probably time to get TO on the cheap.

Are there any WRs on the trading block right now? I know people are against trading away draft picks, but I'd be fine if we were to get a proven WR who is still relatively young.

That is primarily what it's used for. To speed recovery. For bodybuilders and such, the sped up recovery time allows them to train muscles more often, thus resulting in faster gains in size.

There are other effects as well, such as better sleep patterns. It also has a role in keeping body fat percentages down, which is another big reason why bodybuilders may use it.

To make it simple, HGH is sometimes called "The Fountain of Youth".

No, it's not an anti-aging agent, but it does give you the benefits of being younger. Energy, recovery, metabolism speeds up, etc.

It also stimulates brain function, cell replacement, etc.

HGH is not going to make someone get big. It can aid in that process, but that's not what it's for.

Because it is used for a lot more than just trying to heal faster.

Exactly. McD5 hit the nail on the head...

Are there any WRs on the trading block right now? I know people are against trading away draft picks, but I'd be fine if we were to get a proven WR who is still relatively young.

T.O is a better option than trading a 2nd or 3rd in next years draft for someone like Vincent Jackson imo.. who as far as I know would be the only decent guy still in play.

T.O is a better option than trading a 2nd or 3rd in next years draft for someone like Vincent Jackson imo.. who as far as I know would be the only decent guy still in play.

You think so? Jackson is still young and looks like he is going to be a force. Its not like we are stocked at WR so Jackson will certainly be a long-term answer.

i agree with you. i wish there was a way to regulate HGH for REAL injuries as i think that anything that helps heal tears or other injuries should be legal. the problem is it can be abused to have the same effect as steroids, which is really a shame.

if they could figure out a way to truly reduce the amount of abuse, HGH could be a really helpful tool in extending guys careers.

You think so? Jackson is still young and looks like he is going to be a force. Its not like we are stocked at WR so Jackson will certainly be a long-term answer.

Yeah, I like Jackson, I just think to get him would be too much at this point. But we do need a long term solution unless the newbies step up in a big way. I just think to get Jackson you'd have to trade a 2nd or 3rd or both and then sign him to Marshall money which is debatable given some of his off the field troubles.

My personal hope is that Kyle has naked pictures of the Texan's owner and they trade us Andre :ols:

Yeah, I like Jackson, I just think to get him would be too much at this point. But we do need a long term solution unless the newbies step up in a big way. I just think to get Jackson you'd have to trade a 2nd or 3rd or both and then sign him to Marshall money which is debatable given some of his off the field troubles.

My personal hope is that Kyle has naked pictures of the Texan's owner and they trade us Andre :ols:

Haha well he is/was holding out for a new contract

He is upset about his current contract.....

No chance though. If this was the old regime I am convinced TO would already have a 5 year contract. I am interested to see how the new boss handles this adversity.

Depending on the use, could Moss's situation be exempt? If it was proven that it was used to augment healing?

No way.

Then every single person that takes it in the future would claim the same thing.

i agree with you. i wish there was a way to regulate HGH for REAL injuries as i think that anything that helps heal tears or other injuries should be legal. the problem is it can be abused to have the same effect as steroids, which is really a shame.

if they could figure out a way to truly reduce the amount of abuse, HGH could be a really helpful tool in extending guys careers.

[url=]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/19/AR2010051904705.html[/url]

There's a discussion on this article in the tailgate, too but I thought it was worth adding to this thread given that many of us seem to be going down the same thought lines. To me, this is definitely not a black and white, good and evil type situation.

So just because the victims (and there is evidence in one case) decided not to testify Ben is innocent?

That is like pedophiles not convicted because 5 yr olds, etc won't take the stand even with evidence implicating the dirtbag.

reading comprehension ND?

I stated that he was at the least guilty of brutish behavior.

Personally, I think the truth lies somewhere in between. He probably got her drunk and took advantage of her. And when she said no, he simply did not respond. ( yes that's rape in my book)

My whole point, and I will state it again. The Commish does not need a conviction to levy a fine or suspension.

Is that so hard to understand? Or is it another liberal conspiracy?

Archived