Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting Defense by position

WVUforREDSKINS

I honestly believe we'll be playing a lot of mixed defenses. And we'll definitely play some 4-3 in with the 3-4 to get our best players on the field doing what they do best.

4-3

DE - Carter, Jarmon

DT - Golston, Haynesworth

OLB - McIntosh, Orakpo

MLB - Fletcher

3-4

DE - Carriker

DE - Haynesworth

DT - Kemoeatu

OLB - Orakpo, McIntosh

MLB - Fletcher, (either Perry Riley or Robert Henson)

CB Hall, Rodgers

FS - Kareem Moore

SS - LaRon Landry

I too believe they will play a mixture of both D's, or at least I hope they do. As far as lineups, these two here is what I would have too. FS will be a toss up, probably all year.

Depends on our base (3-4 v 4-3) and the defensive game plan for the specific game. Most games, we'll probably start with the base we end up going with (unknown but all current signs point to a 3-4). So I'll use that:

Line: DE, DT, DE

LB: LOLB, BUCK, MACK, ROLB

DB: LCB, LS, RS, RCB

DL: Carriker, Kemoeatu/Green, Haynesworth

LB: Carter, McIntosh, Fletcher, Orakpo

DB: Hall, Rogers, Landry, Moore

Jarmon is officially listed as a LB now. A year from now, he could have Carter's spot.

Who is this Jim Zorn guy everybody is referring to? I thought our HC was still Joe Gibbs!?

I busted out laughing in my office when I saw the "hope Zorn and company can pull it off this year." Co-workers givin me weird looks.

Wow, that gave me a real good laugh too!! :ols:

I honestly believe we'll be playing a lot of mixed defenses. And we'll definitely play some 4-3 in with the 3-4 to get our best players on the field doing what they do best.

4-3

DE - Carter, Jarmon

DT - Golston, Haynesworth

OLB - McIntosh, Orakpo

MLB - Fletcher

If our goal is to be able to give teams multiple looks without dramatically altering our personnel groupings our 4-3 defense will look exactly the same as our 3-4 defense. One of the OLBs will simply have a hand in the dirt.

3-4

DE - Carriker

DE - Haynesworth

DT - Kemoeatu

OLB - Orakpo, McIntosh

MLB - Fletcher, (either Perry Riley or Robert Henson)

Although it is possible that Rocky could play OLB in some packages, he's not a great fit for the position and should be competing at ILB with Fletcher, Blades, Riley, et al.

Does anyone else think Carriker sustained those injuries because he played against DTs in the 4-3....Maybe he will not get injured battling tackles in the 3-4...

The injuries were most likely not related to where he was playing on the line.

Archived