Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting Defense by position

WVUforREDSKINS

I have to admit that I haven't been playing a whole lot of attention this offseason.

I'm just wondering what our starting defense is going to look like?

Is Orakpo gonna be an end with Hanyesworth? Is Haynesworth going to be NT?

Is Orakpo gonna be a LB? I heard Landry is gonna be an LB?

Does anyone have a clue what the positions will be this year? I assume Rogers and Hall are the corners with Smoot the #3

I'm just wondering what our starting defense is going to look like?

It is still early, but my depth chart looks like this at present:

DL: A. Carriker, A. Haynesworth, P. Daniels, (K. Golston?)

LB: A. Carter, R. McIntosh, L. Fletcher, B. Orakpo, (P. Riley?)

CB: C. Rogers, D. Hall, (P. Buchanon)

S: L. Landry, C. Horton, (R. Doughty)

Is Haynesworth going to be NT?

That is the 100 million dollar question. He should be, but he is going to whine about it if he is.

Is Orakpo gonna be a LB?

Yes, he will be a 3-4 LB who rushes the passer a lot, same thing with Andre Carter.

I heard Landry is gonna be an LB?

I heard that too, but it is not true. Landry will be playing safety.

I assume Rogers and Hall are the corners with Smoot the #3
Smoot was released. Buchanon is the new nickel back.

Been hibernating down under, huh?

The mods may kill this thread. But for what it is worth:

Smoot is no longer on the team. Orakpo is definitely an OLB. Landry will be at safety. And Haynesworth will play at different spots on the line per the coaches.

You did hear that Donovan McNabb is our QB right?

wow. youve missed a lot havent you? smoot isnt on the skins anymore. landry wont be a LB

I have missed a lot, but at the same time, a lot has happened this offseason. And its kinda hard to keep up with so much. I hope Zorn and company can pull it off this year

j/k im not that outta touch

Where did Smoot go?

Carter at OLB? I assume they will bring him up to the line a lot.

I have missed a lot, but at the same time, a lot has happened this offseason.

If you think this is a lot, wait until you find out about the new look offense.

Where did Smoot go?

He was released in the new regime's roster purge.

Carter at OLB? I assume they will bring him up to the line a lot.

Yeah. It makes sense to use a pass rushing DE as a OLB in the 3-4, and Carter actually played LB in San Fran, so it is not that surprising. Although I was under the impression that Carter would prefer to play DE, he seems to be buying in to Haslett's program.

I have missed a lot, but at the same time, a lot has happened this offseason.

With all due respect, you could have spent a little time looking around and catching up on your reading instead of creating a thread just so that we can cater to you. There's a lot of good reading if you just dig around.

With all due respect, you could have spent a little time looking around and catching up on your reading instead of creating a thread just so that we can cater to you. There's a lot of good reading if you just dig around.

Yes, but I started this thread to see what people thought our starting D would be and who is where. Not for information on who we have. The only one I didn't know was gone was Smoot.

Yes, but I started this thread to see what people thought our starting D would be and who is where. Not for information on who we have. The only one I didn't know was gone was Smoot.

Don't forget Zorn. He works for the Ravens now

But I don't think this thread is entirely horrible because some people who have been away for a while might need a 'quick fix.'

Here goes it:

Haynesworth hates the Redskins and will be playing predominately NT despite how much the team insists he will be "moving around" on the line.

Smoot Smack Energy bars were pulled from the shelves a long time ago.

Kareem Moore and Doughty are battling for the FS spot and I think that Moore will win the battle and teams will target him. (LaRonkey Kong Jr. is our SS.)

New linebackers include Lorenzo Alexander, Andre Carter, and the rookie who I wish was Eric Norwood from South Carolina.

We have 30 new DTs on the roster over the age of 30.

As for our CB's... let's just say if we re-signed Springs he might still be our best option at age 43.

Overall, (from the way I understand it) the only players who look to REALLY benefit from the new scheme is Orakpo, P. Daniels, D. Hall, and possibly Landry. Many other players are being asked to change their roles, and while it's a huge question mark right now- I think we have enough talent to be a Top 10 defense.

It is still early, but my depth chart looks like this at present:

DL: A. Carriker, A. Haynesworth, P. Daniels, (K. Golston?)

LB: A. Carter, R. McIntosh, L. Fletcher, B. Orakpo, (P. Riley?)

CB: C. Rogers, D. Hall, (P. Buchanon)

S: L. Landry, C. Horton, (R. Doughty)

That is the 100 million dollar question. He should be, but he is going to whine about it if he is.

Yes, he will be a 3-4 LB who rushes the passer a lot, same thing with Andre Carter.

I heard that too, but it is not true. Landry will be playing safety.

Smoot was released. Buchanon is the new nickel back.

this is how i believe the D will line up opening day

DL- Carriker, Kemeatou, Haynesworth

LB- Carter, McIntosh, Fletcher, Orakpo

CB-Hall, Rogers

S- Landry Holmes

I believe homes will be a huge surprise, I love horton but he is not a FS...and holmes is the best person in space and if the Defense get as much pressure as it should I believe homes will do better than expected

this is how i believe the D will line up opening day

DL- Carriker, Kemeatou, Haynesworth

LB- Carter, McIntosh, Fletcher, Orakpo

CB-Hall, Rogers

S- Landry Holmes

I believe homes will be a huge surprise, I love horton but he is not a FS...and holmes is the best person in space and if the Defense get as much pressure as it should I believe homes will do better than expected

Forgot about Kemeatou, good call on that.

I'm still a bit hazy on the FS situation though. I would like to see what Horton could do myself, but I think we will have to wait and see who emerges as the starter.

Not so fast, we don't know if Kemo will be ready for the start of the season. If so, he should be starting at NT.

Will be kemo or Green... A rotation of players at that position depending on down and distance. I think Haynesworth will only play NT on obvious passing downs when you don't care much about 2-gap.

Yes, but I started this thread to see what people thought our starting D would be and who is where.

Well, given the personnel we have at our disposal, I'd like to see a starting XI in a base 34 going into camp of:

NT. Kemoeatu.

DE. Jarmon/Golston, Carriker.

OLB. Orakpo, McIntosh.

ILB. Fletcher, Blades.

CB. Hall, Buchanen.

FS. Doughty.

SS. Horton.

I've traded the fat man's ass out of here for the purpose of this, and Landry is starting down the depth chart until he proves he's gona' be a man and dedicate himself rather than a kid who couldn't care less. Rogers I've never rated, and that's aside from his no hands trick.

Even at that, I wouldn't be uber confident with either McIntosh or Blades, nor the secondary as a whole. The switch to a 34 is a headache causer which ever way you try fit guys in.

More than likely, I'd expect the Redskins, as we currently stand, to go in with:

NT. Kemoeatu.

DE. Haynesworth, Daniels/Carriker.

OLB. Orakpo, Carter.

ILB. Fletcher, McIntosh.

CB. Hall, Rogers.

FS. Horton.

SS. Landry.

Hail.

I honestly believe we'll be playing a lot of mixed defenses. And we'll definitely play some 4-3 in with the 3-4 to get our best players on the field doing what they do best.

4-3

DE - Carter, Jarmon

DT - Golston, Haynesworth

OLB - McIntosh, Orakpo

MLB - Fletcher

3-4

DE - Carriker

DE - Haynesworth

DT - Kemoeatu

OLB - Orakpo, McIntosh

MLB - Fletcher, (either Perry Riley or Robert Henson)

CB Hall, Rodgers

FS - Kareem Moore

SS - LaRon Landry

Archived