Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USAToday: Pacman Jones back in the NFL with Bengals

#98QBKiller

:drooley:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/pacman-jones-back-in-the-nfl-with-bengals/1

Pacman Jones agreed to a deal with the Cincinnati Bengals on Thursday, NFL.com and the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

Jones worked out for the Bengals earlier this week, and the sides had been discussing terms of a deal. He hasn't played in the NFL since 2008. He sat out last season and was suspended for the 2007 season and for six games of the 2008 season.

The Enquirer reported the deal is for two years worth the league minimum salary (about $630,000), with the potential to earn more in incentives.

Jones said last week he wanted to return to the NFL. Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer worked with Jones when the two were in Dallas and told the team's website he will hold Jones accountable for his actions.

"I'll be on him at all times," Zimmer said. He added that Jones "looked me in the eye and shook my hand" that he would conduct himself with more discipline.

Zimmer said Jones will not be competing for a starting spot. -- Sean Leahy

I think Cincinnati wants to be a jailhouse and not an NFL team. Just look at the roster they have had in place since Marvin Lewis got there in 2003. Wow, I can't believe he is going into his 8th season as being head coach of that penitentiary

Same old Bengals. :D

Not competing for a starting position? Shocking.

exactly...you have a history of having a team with off-field problems, so pick up a guy who is notorious for off field problems...2 wrongs make a right??? nah itll make a team who may have had a chance miss the playoffs

TO's getting the Barry Bonds treatment but this clown gets another chance? Makes no sense.

I think TO is supposedly asking for more money than most teams think he's worth. Pacman signed for a vet minimum.

To me that's not excuse, but it's the best reason I can come up with.

I think Cincinnati wants to be a jailhouse and not an NFL team. Just look at the roster they have had in place since Marvin Lewis got there in 2003. Wow, I can't believe he is going into his 8th season as being head coach of that penitentiary

I can't believe he's still head coach after having had so many losing seasons, but that's another story...

Anybody ever see the movie "The Hoodlum Priest"? That's Marvin Lewis. He seems compelled to try to save these players from themselves.

You gotta admire a guy who's heart's in the right place, even if it eventually gets him fired - at least he'll have more time to devote to his charity work.

The guy sucks so much, I can't understand why teams keep actively seeking him out. He's a liability in coverage and has lost any speed that he once had that might make him valuable in punt/kick returns.

Good return man? No.

Good corner? No.

He sucked in Tennessee, he sucked in Dallas, and he'll suck in Cincinnati.

Archived