Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

per rotoworld: Former Allen draft pick Arron Sears released

It depends on how bad off the guy is. If he is stable and won't cause any problems it would be fine. Mostly because I assume you could get him for vet minimum plus incentives at this point. If he didn't work out you just cut him.

HTTR

is he currently on waivers?

I think he is indeed on waivers.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/apr/26/261505/bucs-release-veteran-dt-chris-hovan-after-drafting/

Sears, 25, missed the entire 2009 season because of what team officials called a private matter. The details of Sears' situation remain unclear, but his release came as a surprise to at least one teammate.

"It's a sad deal,'' Bucs center Jeff Faine said. "I don't know how much control he had over what was going on, but he's a great guy, a great teammate, a guy you loved being around.''

Sears, who started 31 games his first two seasons with the Bucs, unexpectedly left the team in April 2009. After a six-month absence, he returned in November and was immediately put on an individual fitness program. He was working out on his own and had yet to rejoin his teammates on the field, according to Faine.

"But when we saw him around the building he seemed to be getting back to being the old Arron that we knew before,'' Faine said. "This is just a reminder of for all of us of how that no matter how much this game means, there's more to life than football.''

That's anecdotal, but maybe this guy is worth a look. If he decides to play this year it makes sense for him to land here since Allen drafted him in 2007.

It depends on how bad off the guy is. If he is stable and won't cause any problems it would be fine.

HTTR

His situation must be pretty bad for the Bucs to cut him. Surely they would not cut him if he had any chance of playing this coming season.

sounds like he needs someone to talk to...sometimes a change of place can help people, seems kinda strange dude though....but again if he can play and wants too go for it! but if he dosent want to communicate with his team then no! maybe he just missed Allen? lol

Who screwed up and allowed you to make threads again? :ols:

Surely even someone that has a mental disorder is atleast better than Mike Williams.

We need to bring in as many players as possible to make sure BMW, and Stephon Heyer dont get on the field.

After Redskins loss to Detroit last year, I created a thread with F-Bombs and since then I do not have the priviledge to create new threads... that was the only time I acted stupidly... Can you please request the Administrator to let me create new threads... I promise I will not misbehave... Go Skins!!!!

It was personal issues, not physical.

He's saying that while the year off could have been good rest for any nagging injuries (football players are always injured whether they're on the report or not) it also could have gotten him out of shape not having a pro-style training program for a year.

He's saying that while the year off could have been good rest for any nagging injuries (football players are always injured whether they're on the report or not) it also could have gotten him out of shape not having a pro-style training program for a year.

Oh, I see. However, I'm sure he has some kind of workout regimen either with a personal trainer or through the team. Not sure if his "personal issues" meant he couldn't workout, but I'm guessing he stayed in shape. Sure, he wasn't getting hit, but neither does anyone who is out of the season for injury reasons. Regardless, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get him back in football shape in general, look at what Mike Williams has done... and Sears isn't NEARLY that large.

Oh, I see. However, I'm sure he has some kind of workout regimen either with a personal trainer or through the team. Not sure if his "personal issues" meant he couldn't workout, but I'm guessing he stayed in shape. Sure, he wasn't getting hit, but neither does anyone who is out of the season for injury reasons. Regardless, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get him back in football shape in general, look at what Mike Williams has done... and Sears isn't NEARLY that large.

He's also been working with the team since November apparently, so I dont think he's is not in shape. Another person mentioned that he had been sufferening from depression after getting a concussion.That is the real concern. I do know this about the guy, He is a very good player, and very young. He would instantly be our starting RG and is better than Dock at LG (his natural position). Made the NFL all rookie team. He was also a All American LT in college playing in the SEC. Guy is seriously a very good player. I'd love to bring him in.

Archived