Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Clausen is there in the 2nd round, do we try to trade up and get him?

ceviker

Man, I don't know. The middle and end of this 2nd round is a total shocker for me, between Jacksonville's pick and Denver taking Tebow, it really seems like a lot of teams are freaking out and trading up to get someone that would probably be there later, a lot later.

There are going to be a LOT of good players in the 2nd, so I wouldn't be surprised with a trade, but I don't know for who.

Dear Lord NO!

What is wrong with you people?

This team HAS a QB. We won't be drafting one for at least a couple years.

It's time to move on folks.

But we don't have a long term solution at the position. I feel like a broken record with Rodgers, but did the Packers make a mistake by taking Rodgers when they had Farve?

But we don't have a long term solution at the position. I feel like a broken record with Rodgers, but did the Packers make a mistake by taking Rodgers when they had Farve?

So what?

Get a guy next year, or the year after that.

McNabb is here for 2, 3, maybe even FIVE freakin' years. Qb is NOT a concern right now, and won't be for some time. And the last thing the Skins need is a QB controversy if McNabb has a bad game.

This team has way too many other pressing needs. I'd be disgusted if we wasted a pick on a QB.

I would absolutely try to get him at this point. For people saying that you should avoid him because the niners avoid him, are you serious? Do you not wish we had traded up an extra spot to get Rodgers instead of Campbell or should we have been scared off because teams passed on him and he dropped?

Aaron Rodgers was a flat out STUD in college. He led a Top 5 team too. Jimmy Clausen is a big unknown which is why he has cement blocks attached to his ankles right now.

Aaron Rodgers was a flat out STUD in college. He led a Top 5 team too. Jimmy Clausen is a big unknown which is why he has cement blocks attached to his ankles right now.

We will be arguing about Clausen the next three years.

It would be worth it to trade next year's 1st to get Jimmy Clausen. If he had stayed another year, he would have been one of the top two QBs next year with Locker. Instead of drafting a QB in the 1st next year, we can get our guy a year early and let him start learning the system.

As far as having a QB, I'd sit Jimmy Clausen for 3-4 seasons. He was a true junior. So if he sits out the next couple of seasons, he'd be the age of a redshirt senior. Sitting another year and he'd be the same age as Carson Palmer was when he took over. He will have 3 years of working with Weis followed by 3 years of working with the Shanny boys. That's 6 years of superior QB tutelage before he has to take the field.

It would be a wise investment to trade up for a guy that was considered a potential top 5 pick. I know everyone wants to hold our 1st from next year, but with our improved coaching and QB play I don't expect us to be in a position to grab a QB of Clausen's caliber with our top pick. The only reason he fell this far is because the teams in the 11-32 range didn't have the need and because of the depth of this particular class.

Please buy low.

It would be worth it to trade next year's 1st to get Jimmy Clausen. If he had stayed another year, he would have been one of the top two QBs next year with Locker. Instead of drafting a QB in the 1st next year, we can get our guy a year early and let him start learning the system.

As far as having a QB, I'd sit Jimmy Clausen for 3-4 seasons. He was a true junior. So if he sits out the next couple of seasons, he'd be the age of a redshirt senior. Sitting another year and he'd be the same age as Carson Palmer was when he took over. He will have 3 years of working with Weis followed by 3 years of working with the Shanny boys. That's 6 years of superior QB tutelage before he has to take the field.

It would be a wise investment to trade up for a guy that was considered a potential top 5 pick. I know everyone wants to hold our 1st from next year, but with our improved coaching and QB play I don't expect us to be in a position to grab a QB of Clausen's caliber with our top pick. The only reason he fell this far is because the teams in the 11-32 range didn't have the need and because of the depth of this particular class.

Please buy low.

Wow...It's far to late and this is far to insane for me to spend the needed time on a reply. I'll just say this is a horrible idea for more reasons than I care to mention.

Did DC already legalize marijuana or are you trying to prevent Mel Kiper from looking like a total duh head for projecting Clausen at the 4th pick?

Wow...It's far to late and this is far to insane for me to spend the needed time on a reply. I'll just say this is a horrible idea for more reasons than I care to mention.
Did DC already legalize marijuana or are you trying to prevent Mel Kiper from looking like a total duh head for projecting Clausen at the 4th pick?

Please elaborate how getting a great talent that was considered by many to a potential top 5 pick for a discounted price is a bad idea?

Let's see, his biggest issues seem to be about his personality and maturity. I'm sure that spending 3 years under Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan and Donovan McNabb will do wonders for helping him develop as a QB and leader. Look at what Kyle did with Matt Schaub and Clausen is a much better prospect. From a financial standpoint it also makes a lot of sense. Instead of paying top ten money for a QB, we can get a prospect of that caliber on a 3 year contract that would come with being a second rounder.

We would need to move into the first few picks of the second round and everyone has already been saying that those picks are like first rounders anyway. With the team that Shanny is putting together, I expect a pick in the 20s anyway. So is it really a bad move to trade a pick in the 20s next year for a pick in the 30s this year that will get our QB of the future on a discounted contract?

If we trade up for anyone, I'd hope for it to be Saffold or Brown. With Williams taken, either of those two would double the chances of nailing down the LT position. And if Williams and one of these guys work out, it would secure both tackle spots for the next decade.

I'd consider trading next year's first for a high second rounder to take either of them.

But not Clausen.

Archived