Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In the NFC East: this scenario isn't far fetched

FatboysSkins

With the news of McNabb traded to the skins this scenario couldn't be that far fetched. Now that we have McNabb we automatically become a better offense not extremely better but better non the less. With that being said we still have to protect him and we only have two picks in the first four rounds of the NFL Draft and a desperate need at O line. The obvious thing to do is draft Okung with the 1st round pick. Okay one down about 3 more line men to go. This brings me to my point Flozell Adams was released by the Cowboys a couple days ago. I know I know how could you stomach another move like this after McNabb right? Look at it this way moves between players and teams within in the NFC East happen all the time IE TO, Antonio peirce, Arrington, B Mitch ...... and if we were to acquire Flozell adams and draft Okung in the first round we have a lock at LT for the next decade and a good veteran tackle on the downside of his career (preserving his career) on the right side of the line, our line will improves tremendously. Then trade Jason Campbell to either bills or raiders who were intrested in McNabb and get a second round pick for him. With that pick we can then either A) Draft a guard or B) address the nosegaurd position. Then we all can kind of figure that Andre Carter is gone as well because it is fact he doesn't fit well in a 3-4 defensive set. which means we will probably get a 3rd or 4th for him. I say with that pick we could probably go with RB Hardesty. Only because I also believe that Portis will also be traded draft day for a 4th or 5th round pick as well, due to the acquiring of Willie parker. IMO if this scenario was actually to occur we take tremendous strides this year in Shanny's offense all while approving the O line, acquiring a veteran pro bowler at QB, getting a young star at RB, and still having at least 4 picks in this years draft to fill some other holes on our team. Really how far fetched could it be?:helmet:

Recap:

1. Draft Okung

2. Sign Flozel Adams

3. Trade JC to Buffalo or Oakland for 2nd round pick

4. Draft a guard or nose guard with the acquired pick from JC trade

5. Trade Andre Carter for a 3rd or 4th round pick

6. Draft a RB with the 3rd or 4th that we would get from AC trade (Hardesty)

7. Trade Cliton Portis for a 4th or 5th round pick

What are your thoughts?

Clinton has 0 trade value with his contract

Agree since when do 29 year old RB's coming off of an awful season have trade value?

IMO it gets even sillier when you factor the 29 year old RB having a salary that pays him like he's a 22 year old stud and with a reputation of being a locker room problem.

Those type of players tend to get released not traded.

I just posted somewhat like this in another thread. And i 100% agree. IF we can some how, get good value out of Carter, Campbell, heck, even Carlos/Laron. We will refill our draft picks, and still have the possibility of acquiring even more draft picks, if a player falls to us, and someone is willing to trade the farm for them. I feel Shanny put us in a GREAT situation to WIN NOW. Including if we do pick up some of the FA you've named such as Flozel Adams.

Ming you ladies and gentleman. We do have IMHO the best OC in the league. He is the key to our success. I think Shanny is trying to win sooner than later so he can leave this team for his son, and have his son pick the QB he WANTS.

You're not getting a 2nd for Campbell. 3rd at best unless you trade with a dumb GM. His trade value significantly dropped after you snagged McNabb because teams know you will have to get rid of him anyway. Plus his value wasn't that great to begin with. Obviously most owners know that Campbell is not a good QB. It didn't take Shannahan too long to figure that out. I guess he was sickened by all the of the footage he was watching.

If we can fool someone into giving us a second round pick for '05's fraud of a first round QB; I will literally bare my pasty white ass in DC department store window of your choice. I feel safe in that offer due to the fact only one team is, or at least was, dumb enough to make such a move. And we can't trade for our own player.

As for Adams, I've been thinking the same thing. I wouldn't want him anywhere near the building personally, (not for the fact he's an ex-Crygirl; more the fact he's a total bonehead on the field); but given the lack of picks and line need, an available vet. like him might well be brought into the mix.

Hail.

Recap:

1. Draft Okung

2. Sign Flozel Adams

What are your thoughts?

1 Okung or Williams will be the pick at #4.

2. Adams would be worth a look but he would be a sticking plaster and if he had much left I doubt the Cowboys would have cut him. I would rather wait to see who is around on the waiver wire deep into preseason.

3. Trading Campbell to Oakland could well happen but I would be amazed (in a good way) if we got a 2nd round pick for him. 3rd or more likely 4th round is more realistic.

4. Picking a NT is possible but when you get to the 3rd round and below its strictly BPA and it all depends who is on the board.

5. Carter is certainly worth a 3rd rounder and getting that pick back woud help a lot.

6. Again its best player available. We need a linebacker, a NT, a guard, tackle and centre before we need a running back in my opinion.

7. Portis has no value with his contract and coming off a season ended by a concusion.

Recap:

1. Draft Okung

2. Sign Flozel Adams

What are your thoughts?

1. Yes, let's hope Okung is there @4.

2. Sure, I suppose if they could that would be a good move.

3. There's no way the Skins get a 2nd rounder for JC. They'll be luck to get a 3rd rounder.

4. See above.

5. If they could get a 3rd or 4th for Carter that's a good move. Not sure if they can get that for him.

6. Sure, but see above.

7. I'd take that considering the current RB situation, but I don't think any team touches him at this point considering his contract the mileage on his body.

Agree since when do 29 year old RB's coming off of an awful season have trade value?

IMO it gets even sillier when you factor the 29 year old RB having a salary that pays him like he's a 22 year old stud and with a reputation of being a locker room problem.

Those type of players tend to get released not traded.

I was just saying maybe or possibly we could trade him for a 4th or even later. Thats all lets not over exagerate LOL.

1 Okung or Williams will be the pick at #4.

2. Adams would be worth a look but he would be a sticking plaster and if he had much left I doubt the Cowboys would have cut him. I would rather wait to see who is around on the waiver wire deep into preseason.

3. Trading Campbell to Oakland could well happen but I would be amazed (in a good way) if we got a 2nd round pick for him. 3rd or more likely 4th round is more realistic.

4. Picking a NT is possible but when you get to the 3rd round and below its strictly BPA and it all depends who is on the board.

5. Carter is certainly worth a 3rd rounder and getting that pick back woud help a lot.

6. Again its best player available. We need a linebacker, a NT, a guard, tackle and centre before we need a running back in my opinion.

7. Portis has no value with his contract and coming off a season ended by a concusion.

Yeah ur right but even if we do only get a 3rd or 4th round pick for JC and 3rd or 4th for AC and nothing for portis which im sure we can get at least a 6th or 7th for him we still would have like 6 picks in the draft to add a RB which is a need due to the age brackett at the position and still address the LB, NT, and G postition.

Recap:

1. Draft Okung

2. Sign Flozel Adams

What are your thoughts?

1. Okung is the only pick, if not we trade down, in any event we pick up a lineman.

2. No thanks, I'd be happier with Heyer than Adams there.

3. Even though QB's are a valuable commodity, I think the most we get is a third.

4. Obvious pick, or a RB.

5. Among the players you wish to dump for picks, I'd say Carter has the least value considering his age. Keep him and see if he works out or he doesn't.

6. No way. Portis has more in the tank than Johnson or Parker IMO.

Recap:

1. Draft Okung

2. Sign Flozel Adams

What are your thoughts?

1. Not an absolute certainty about the LT. Could still trade down or draft someone else (read: QB that many don't want). Now Okung is not a guarantee, no first rounders (or any other players for that matter) are guarantees.

2. Big maybe here. Like the other poster's suggestion about looking into Andrews too.

3. A 2nd? Can't see that at all. If someone had offered anything more than a 4th, I have to believe that trade would've already been made. In view of our weakened bargaining position, a 5th sounds like a fair deal.

4. In the 5th round, pick up OL depth.

5. Hate to see AC go, but if we'd get a 3rd or more likely a 4th, I make that trade.

6. A young RB is necessary given our exclusivity on the over-the-hill RB gang we currently have.

7. Don't see this trade happening. If I'm another team hoping for Portis, I'm not going to give a good pick when he's still owed a sizeable contract. More likely if someone picks him up it's off the waiver wire, though I think he still makes this team. I look at the RB situation as a tryout between Johnson and Parker.

-definitely agree with picking up flozell, he's a patch job and temporary for sure but i think he's got a little left. plus he comes with the cowboys playbook.

-we can also look at shawn andrews like someone mentioned before. i dont think its an either or thing. they do play different positions we can check out both. id like to know more about his back issues but we could prolly get him fairly cheap cause of it.

-i feel that campbell is worth a 2nd round pick (but i was a campbell supporter) i doubt any other team would see it that way. hopefully some team will see how good he did behind that awful o-line last year and take a chance on him for a 3rd rounder or so.

-as for andre carter 3rd or 4th seems like wishful thinking. especially if they feel he got those due to Albert. but if we can pull it off then why not.

-i doubt clinton has any trade value. he has a couple years left maybe, he's too much money, constant injuries. and some teams would prolly view him has trouble. i love portis though definitely wouldnt hate to see him stay.

-and definitely hope okung is there waiting for us at 4 we need him desperately.

1. Okung is the only pick, if not we trade down, in any event we pick up a lineman.

2. No thanks, I'd be happier with Heyer than Adams there.

3. Even though QB's are a valuable commodity, I think the most we get is a third.

4. Obvious pick, or a RB.

5. Among the players you wish to dump for picks, I'd say Carter has the least value considering his age. Keep him and see if he works out or he doesn't.

6. No way. Portis has more in the tank than Johnson or Parker IMO.

Heyer is not better then Adams. Carter had 12 sacks last year and was very productive last year so he does have value and he has already proven he has no value in a 3-4 scheme thats how we got him from the 9ers. You have your opinion about Portis but I think history repeats itself again.:logo:

Recap:

1. Draft Okung

Best option for this team. Period.

2. Sign Flozel Adams

For the last time, Adams is a power blocker and at the end of his career. He would be a misfit for this team, hence why NO ONE is linking him to the Skins...

3. Trade JC to Buffalo or Oakland for 2nd round pick.

You won't get more than a 3rd or early 4th for Campbell.

NT depth isnt good this year, hence why they signed Kemoeatu.

Won't get more than a late 4th for Carter, due to his age.

Doubt RB would be on the teams radar this year unless someone slips in the draft.

Even without a CBA, Portis' contract makes him very very hard to trade and no one is in the market for a late 20 something RB with a huge contract and almost 10k yards on his legs.

Archived