Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Just like my cousin! That **** is a few years older than me, and when the phil's home games were only on Prism, he became a Braves fan cause he can see all of the Braves games.

I respect the Rangers...not because I always draft a few of them, just because Nolan Ryan makes the pitchers pitch...and not B!tch about how many innings they threw.

He is absolutely the biggest reason why our pitchers have made such improvements the last two years, and why we are in position to get to the playoffs. When normally a pitcher would be going 5, maybe 6 innings and with a 100 pitch count. He's say **** that and make sure you pitch to 120. Pitchers are going so much deeper in games than we had gotten used to over the last decade. Make them pitch out of it.

Edited by royallypwned

Not for long...I think the Braves are...

Feeling less..

Chipper..

If i may?

Baby yea!

That's cold, man. He's an icon. And the last hangover Brave from all those glory years. Yeah, its a big loss. But his replacement isn't half bad.;) Prado is likely gonna take over at third. He was hitting over .300 before he got hurt, himself. And, needless to say, he was an all star. And so was the guy that has been filling in for Prado...Omar Infante.

However, im not even gonna pretend to sit here and say its not a big loss. It is. Chipper had been tearing it up lately. Since announcing in June that he might retire next year, he was hitting .307 with a .908 OPS. And in recent weeks he had been hitting the ball better than he had all season. And he's got a good glove, too. And he has all that experience. Now he's relegated to cheerleader status. It is what it is though. The Phillies have had their share of injuries, too. And they seem to be getting healthier. Its gonna be a really interesting race, to be sure.

He was hardly the one running the show for the Braves.

See above.

If there is one person whose absence would severely debilitate his team, it would be Josh Hamilton. That is why he will win MVP.

Yeah, I agree. He's nearly irreplaceable, imo. And he's a great feel-good story. That SI article a year or so ago was pretty interesting. He's gone through a lot to get where he is today.

I don't have a 2nd favorite team. But I have to admit, I will be rooting for Texas to come out of the AL. Then again, I will be rooting for ANYONE to come out of the AL, other than the Yanks.:D

Yeah, I agree. He's nearly irreplaceable, imo. And he's a great feel-good story. That SI article a year or so ago was pretty interesting. He's gone through a lot to get where he is today.

I don't have a 2nd favorite team. But I have to admit, I will be rooting for Texas to come out of the AL. Then again, I will be rooting for ANYONE to come out of the AL, other than the Yanks.:D

If we lost Hamilton to another team, I'd be incredibly depressed. He's not only an amazing player (offensively and defensively) but he's probably the most loved player on the team amongst the fans. That is why this whole ordeal with the selling of the team was imperative to get solved. Before it ended, it was looking like Hamilton was destined for his Ranger days to be numbered.

That's cold, man. He's an icon.

Yea, true, sorry. But he is one of my favorite players to watch, however, I can't root for him because when he does well, the Braves do well, and the Phils have to fight tougher.

I am an overall baseball fan, way more than the NFL. I can watch a Royals Indians game over a Patriots Dolphins game or whatever.

My prized baseball card in my collection, well top 2, are actually braves. I have Some platinum refractor for Andrew Jones at like some # out of 100, and then a game used bat piece of Chipper some # of 30 i think.

But yea, its' sad to see him out of baseball...and i would never ever root for a career ending injury, but it's going to hurt the braves a lot.

I'm just glad i got to watch a .300/300 HR switch hitter in my lifetime.

Yea, true, sorry. But he is one of my favorite players to watch, however, I can't root for him because when he does well, the Braves do well, and the Phils have to fight tougher.

I am an overall baseball fan, way more than the NFL. I can watch a Royals Indians game over a Patriots Dolphins game or whatever.

My prized baseball card in my collection, well top 2, are actually braves. I have Some platinum refractor for Andrew Jones at like some # out of 100, and then a game used bat piece of Chipper some # of 30 i think.

But yea, its' sad to see him out of baseball...and i would never ever root for a career ending injury, but it's going to hurt the braves a lot.

I'm just glad i got to watch a .300/300 HR switch hitter in my lifetime.

Chipper will eventually make the Hall of Fame, despite all of the injuries. His numbers are still very, very good. Like you mentioned, he's a career .300 hitter. And he has 435 HR. Would have hit 500+ easily had it not been for the injuries. I hope he decides that this isn't how he wants to go out, and he rehabs, and comes back to Spring Training for one last season. However, I couldn't blame him if he decides this is it. He's 38. And this is Cox's last season. He could go out knowing he was hitting the ball better than he had all season. At the same time, that reasoning could make him believe he has another year in him. We'll see.

As for Andruw Jones. I have a ball he tossed me once. But I never got him to sign it. Based on how his career has gone lately, I don't think it would be worth anything, anyway. Same with the Andruw card of yours. Guy was destined to be great. But he just didn't have that drive, I guess.

I'm still in denial that this could be it for Chipper's career because I can't imagine the team without him kind of like the team without Bobby Cox next season. I'm still thinking he doesn't want it to end like this and will try to come back anyway possible next season.

If this is it...Here is a tribute video to one of the greatest switch hitters of all time.

Chipper Jones Tribute

Josh Hamilton is further solidifying his MVP status tonight. Four hits, two terrific catches in CF, and great baserunning, including scoring from 2nd base on an infield hit just now. Rangers were down 8-2, and have climbed the mountain to tie it 9-9 going into the 9th. This game has had it all.

Say what? Splain plz. :)

2 outs, and Hairston was on first. Batter hit the ball, it hit the pitcher's glove, then rolled past him towards the second baseman. Hairston was running to second, and he ran between the ball and the 2nd baseman, who rushed up to grab it. Hairston got to 2nd base, and the runner ended up being safe on first.

Umpire called Hairston out for interference with the 2nd baseman. It is questionable because the pitcher initially touched the ball, so it can be argued that since he had had a chance to field the ball, then it shouldn't matter.

Anyway, it makes sense if you watch the replay.

So Bud Black told the ump that the Padres were going to play the remainder of the game in protest. I read up on what that means, and basically, the manager can say the game is under protest if he disagrees with the ump's ruling. At the end of the game, the rules will be reviewed by a committee, and they can overturn the ump's call or say it stands.

If the call stands, that's that. If the committee overturns the call, the game will be replayed from the point in the game that the protest call was made.

Tim Hudson is just ridiculous. Definitely has a shot at the Cy Young.

He definitely has the ERA and the record to warrant very strong consideration. But what I think is gonna hurt him is his lack of strikeouts, and his weak K/BB ratio. I don't think he'd finish top 2 if the season ended today.

He definitely has the ERA and the record to warrant very strong consideration. But what I think is gonna hurt him is his lack of strikeouts, and his weak K/BB ratio. I don't think he'd finish top 2 if the season ended today.

Hudson is 14-5 with a 2.13 ERA.

Has allowed just 2 earned runs in last 36 2/3 innings.

Is 5-0 with 0.49 ERA in past 5 starts.

Tied (with Halladay) for second most wins in NL.

If the season ended today, he should finish no lower than 2nd in Cy Young race. And if he keeps pitching like he has lately, he's gonna win it. He's pitching for a first place club. And the Braves are arguably the best team in the NL. Plus factor in that Jimenez hasn't been anywhere as good as he was before the all star break. And, needless to say, he pitches for a team that will miss the playoffs. The more I think about it, Hudson should probably be the front-runner for the NL Cy Young right now.

Edit: And remember, Maddux wasn't really a strikeout pitcher either. And he won a few of these awards.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Hudson is 14-5 with a 2.13 ERA.

Has allowed just 2 earned runs in last 36 2/3 innings.

Is 5-0 with 0.49 ERA in past 5 starts.

Tied (with Halladay) for second most wins in NL.

If the season ended today, he should finish no lower than 2nd in Cy Young race. And if he keeps pitching like he has lately, he's gonna win it. He's pitching for a first place club. And the Braves are arguably the best team in the NL. Plus factor in that Jimenez hasn't been anywhere as good as he was before the all star break. And, needless to say, he pitches for a team that will miss the playoffs. The more I think about it, Hudson should probably be the front-runner for the NL Cy Young right now.

Edit: And remember, Maddux wasn't really a strikeout pitcher either. And he won a few of these awards.

He has pitched very well lately, yes. But the Cy Young is for the entire season. And it definitely doesn't matter one bit how good or bad the team is. Zack Greinke won the AL Cy Young in 2009 on a horrible Royals team. Lincecum won it in 2008 and 2009, and the Giants missed the playoffs both those years. Actually, the last NL pitcher to win the Cy Young AND make the playoffs in the same season was Chris Carpenter in 2005.

Adam Wainright is definitely ahead of Hudson in the race. Not even you can deny that, and if you do, then idk what to say. His K/BB ratio is so far superior. Josh Johnson is interesting. He probably needs his team to get him a few more wins, but if you don't look at record, then I'd put him over Hudson as well.

Believe me, I'd love Hudson to win it. But I'm tellin ya that his strikeout total and K/BB ratio is going to kill his chances. He'd need one of the other contenders to implode to win it.

Maddux's lowest K total in his Cy Young streak was 156. Hudson won't even approach that. And it was more his K/BB ratio than any lack of Ks. Maddux walked very few batters those last two years.

Edited by royallypwned