Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Record bad enough to the get franchise QB in 2011 draft???

Renegade7

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

this is a bias poll.. The OP doesn't want to give Jason Campbell a chance. There was no option to pick "No, Jason Campbell is fine and there is no need to draft a QB"

I would hate the decision if they choose Clausen over Okung or if Suh is available then you HAVE to select Suh, he is the best prospect and could have started and played well if he was playing in the NFL this past season

Grossman has to be considered the favorite to start opening day at this point. JC at best will be a backup QB who will be a UFA next year.

Hahahahahaha, you have got to be kidding. I am no JC supporter but he is leaps and bounds better than Rex. You think JC throws int's? Wait until your boy Grossman gets in there, then you would be begging for Campbell. BUT hopefully neither has to be an option because we draft a QB this year.

Hahahahahaha, you have got to be kidding. I am no JC supporter but he is leaps and bounds better than Rex. You think JC throws int's? Wait until your boy Grossman gets in there, then you would be begging for Campbell. BUT hopefully neither has to be an option because we draft a QB this year.

Rex has the advantage because he is a year farther studied and rehearsed into the system. Plus he is also a Superbowl experienced quarterback, which people tend to not want to give him credit for. Yes he throws interceptions, but that's because unlike Jason Campbell, he is fearless and confident in his strong arm. Now you put him under Kyle Shannahan for a 2nd year, and pair him with Mike Shannahan who coached John Elway and Steve Young, and you've got a good chance that Rex will cut down on the ints and have a fair amount of success.

I see him as our starter for this year while we (hopefully) groom our franchise QB in Sam Bradford :fingersx:for next year. *praying smiley*

this is a bias poll.. The OP doesn't want to give Jason Campbell a chance. There was no option to pick "No, Jason Campbell is fine and there is no need to draft a QB"

I would hate the decision if they choose Clausen over Okung or if Suh is available then you HAVE to select Suh, he is the best prospect and could have started and played well if he was playing in the NFL this past season

WTF are you talking about? Did you even read the thread or my original post?

Grossman has to be considered the favorite to start opening day at this point. JC at best will be a backup QB who will be a UFA next year.

Unfortunately I agree. I'm just not confident that Jason can beat out Rex with him having a leg up on the system. I have very little confidence in Jason being able to master a new system based on his performance in past systems.

By bad, Renegade... Then I would say that realistically no. There is no way the redskins will be drafting in the top ten next year. Next year will be a great year for QB's. The top three QB's according to WalterFootball.com says that Jake Locker will be a top 5 pick. Andrew Luck will be a top 10 pick, and Ryan Mallet will be a top 10 pick.

The next player available is Terrelle Pryor who I feel wont be very successful in the NFL. So no to your poll question.

Sorry again man, honest mistake

By bad, Renegade... Then I would say that realistically no. There is no way the redskins will be drafting in the top ten next year. Next year will be a great year for QB's. The top three QB's according to WalterFootball.com says that Jake Locker will be a top 5 pick. Andrew Luck will be a top 10 pick, and Ryan Mallet will be a top 10 pick.

The next player available is Terrelle Pryor who I feel wont be very successful in the NFL. So no to your poll question.

Sorry again man, honest mistake

It's all good, man, sorry to snap on you like that. :)

-that's cool what you posted about the other QBs. I was hoping a thread like this would bring out some respectable intel on the QB class of 2011.

The premise of this thread is nuts. A head coach in this league has about 2-3 years (especially with the Skins) to prove he can succeed (even if he's won a Superbowl - see the 4 or 5 recent Superbowl winning coaches who are currently out of the league). Why would any head coach or GM delay getting a franchise QB by a season or two? There are no certainties in the NFL. Who knows if they'll even play in 2011? Hopefully the Skins will make the right move with the #4 in 2010 and have to worry about what lineman to pick with the #31 or #32 pick next season.

"

I dont buy the logic that we HAVE to take a player just because hes the best available and the most nfl ready. If we drafted Suh that would be like what 150M+ invested in defensive tackles?

No...we either trade out of the pick or draft the best available left tackle.

If Suh is as good as the "experts" keep raving about then another team will make an offer to us for our slot.

Archived