Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter accounts?

I don't get twitter. Is it just an attention whore thing or is there a purpose ?

It's the best thing that ever happened to hardcore sports fans. I get all the articles of every team and the up to date thoughts of all the writers and such. And then every once in a while something tremendous happens such as Gilbert Arenas and when he had an account.

I guess some could be referred to as attention whores...

:ols::ols::pfft:

Thanks, I was just wondering.

It's the best thing that ever happened to hardcore sports fans. I get all the articles of every team and the up to date thoughts of all the writers and such. And then every once in a while something tremendous happens such as Gilbert Arenas and when he had an account.

So stalkers and attention whores. I get it now. Of course the writers want attention, and the players want to market/whore themselves. The ones that follow them closely are stalkers. Thanks.

So stalkers and attention whores. I get it now. Of course the writers want attention, and the players want to market/whore themselves. The ones that follow them closely are stalkers. Thanks.

This post reminds of that Washington Post commercial. "If you don't get it, you don't get it" It's a a great way to get up to the minute breaking news updates. You don't actually have to use it for social purposes to make good use of it.

This post reminds of that Washington Post commercial. "If you don't get it, you don't get it" It's a a great way to get up to the minute breaking news updates. You don't actually have to use it for social purposes to make good use of it.

Exactly. Twitter is quickly becoming the fastest-updated news source in all areas of media.

But doesn't the internet already do that ?

And as you said, I just don't get it. I guess I am getting old afterall.

Checking twitter once is like checking 100 web pages at the same time. I think you should give a shot. All sports fans should use it.

Checking twitter once is like checking 100 web pages at the same time. I think you should give a shot. All sports fans should use it.

Yup. Haven't "tweeted" once but I get all my sports news on my phone by just scrolling down the twitter app. NBA, NHL, NFL... everything is on twitter. Plus, a lot of the breaking news get on twitter first before these reporters even put it on there blogs or whatever.

I'm not advanced enough to use Twitter as a media source. In fact I barely check mines, I get a good laugh out of what Ozzie Guillen posts, and the Jim Rome emailers, but as I said I rarely check mine for news, I follow nearly no reporters, only sports talk show hosts.

Nothing at all, I just don't see the importance of it, or need for it. It seems like what I said earlier in this thread.

It's not something needed or important. I think it's cool and kinda fun. Here is one small way how it has helped me: There is a rapper I like and I bought his mixtape straight off his website. After a couple weeks I didn't even have a tracking order for my purchase. I hit him up on twitter just busting his balls about how I hadn't gotten it yet and his team needed to step it up. Well he hit me up personally, took care of it, and I had a tracking number emailed to me 20 minutes later. I finally got the cd in the mail and opened it to find that he autographed the inside of the cover. What does this mean? Well nothing really but without twitter it wouldn't have happened like that.

Archived