Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn ps3 owners - please do not turn on your ps3

kiingspadee

See, if game companies hadn't gone online and had just stuck to the games themselves like the N64 and not had that rip-off known as DLC, this wouldn't've happened :D

And yes, DLC is a ripoff.

See, if game companies hadn't gone online and had just stuck to the games themselves like the N64 and not had that rip-off known as DLC, this wouldn't've happened :D

And yes, DLC is a ripoff.

I agree 100% I mean I am playing Dragon Age and OH LOOK an awesome character was stripped from the game and then they decided HEY it will be able to be downloaded but if you buy it used or something guess what you need to shell out close to 20 bucks to play as Shale

I agree 100% I mean I am playing Dragon Age and OH LOOK an awesome character was stripped from the game and then they decided HEY it will be able to be downloaded but if you buy it used or something guess what you need to shell out close to 20 bucks to play as Shale
Not to mention it allows developers to half-ass it even more since they can release a downloadable patch :mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/technology/newsid_10050000/newsid_10058900/10058914.stm

Sony says some PlayStation 3 users are experiencing a connection failure when signing onto the PlayStation Network and is trying to fix what's gone wrong.

The problem is affecting people using the older versions of the PlayStation 3, called the "Fat" model.

The problem isn't affecting the newer PS3 Slim systems that have been on sale since September last year.

Sony is keeping users up to date with how they're trying to fix the problem on its Twitter feed.

It says: "Readers/followers are confirming that "slim" units (120/250 GB models) are connecting normally.

"We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it.

"We're narrowing down the issue and continue to work to restore service to all."

The PlayStation network is used by millions of people around the world.

It allows users to play their friends at games like Fifa over the internet and also do things like download software or visit online stores.

so....has anybody turned their PS3 on today, monday, march 1st, and experienced any problems?

is it safe to turn on now? i was going to go home for lunch in 20 minutes and download some demos for later...

Still sounds like it hasn't been fixed

I know but why test the waters.

NOW they said that data is FINE however I think that is majority I have talked to a few people that have lost EVERYTHING! Like I said before maybe isolated incidents but why screw yourself over right?

Those people are probably being melodramatic. Odds are their save data will be fine if they don't **** with anything and wait for a fix from Sony. That said, if Sony stalls too long with any such fix or there is mass data corruption (again, I highly doubt it) they will have done some irreparable harm to the brand.

Those people are probably being melodramatic. Odds are their save data will be fine if they don't **** with anything and wait for a fix from Sony. That said, if Sony stalls too long with any such fix or there is mass data corruption (again, I highly doubt it) they will have done some irreparable harm to the brand.

I agree. Sony has made it seem like they will have a fix within 24hrs. But if people do lose a bunch of their game data and such, Sony could be in big trouble. That would leave alot of pissed off gamers.

Sony's going to sit on it and see if the issue self-corrects at midnight tonight UTC. If it doesn't, they'll have to do a patch.

The problem will be how do they do a patch? If people can't get online how will they download a firmware update?

The problem will be how do they do a patch? If people can't get online how will they download a firmware update?

The firmware updates don't go through PSN. Your PS3 is still connected to the internet. Your internet browser still works on it. If they do release a patch, everyone will be able to download it.

The firmware updates don't go through PSN. Your PS3 is still connected to the internet. Your internet browser still works on it. If they do release a patch, everyone will be able to download it.
PC + USB stick. An inconvenience to some but not a problem for most.

Both good points.

I have a PS3 older fat model purchased when Madden 10 came out in August. I only play Madden 10 offline & watch DVD or Bluray movies never have used the network. Should I just not turn the PS3 on today?

I turned it off sometime early this mourning after it was on all yesterday,

Will this be a problem how I use my Playstation?

nope, old style 80gb. I don't know exactly what model # it is, but it was the last version of the PS3 before the slim one came out, bought it in March 2009.

In fact, I first saw this post on ES when checking it on my PS3 browser.

I have a fat version as well and played Uncharted 2 multiplayer last night pretty late with no issues.

Archived