Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Dudley has passed away

Slingin33

When I was about 10 years old, I got a Bill Dudley football card. He really looked like my grandfather. I asked my grandmother if she knew him, she gave me a puzzled look and said, 'no' go ask your grandfather.

So, I strolled over to my grandfather and asked "Do you know him?" "Oh yeah, that is my cousin Bill."

He acted like it was no big deal, but I thought it was awesome. I still have the card stashed away with some of my other memerobilia. Never go to meet him though.

Don't know if it was posted in another thread but former Skins player Jim Podoley passed away on Jan 24th, 2010.

For four seasons (1957 to 1960), he played at the halfback and offensive end positions in the National Football League with the Washington Redskins. Selected by Washington during the 4th round of the 1957 NFL Draft, he appeared in 43 career games. His most successful season was his rookie year in 1957, when he rushed for 442 yards with 2 touchdowns and recorded 27 receptions for 554 yards with 4 touchdowns, leading the league with a 20.5 yard average, while achieving Pro Bowl status.

RIP Jim and my thoughts are with your family.

Archived