Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KFFL:Tomlinson likely to be released

authentic

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Kevin Acee, of The San Diego Union-Tribune, reports the San Diego Chargers are likely to release RB LaDainian Tomlinson before he is due a $2 million roster bonus March 5. "Some of this I feel like is taken out of my hands," Tomlinson said. "You said a leader and all this kind of stuff, but there was a big part of this year, where for whatever reason, I didn't feel connected as far as the team, the unity, togetherness, family. I didn't feel that at times in the season. There were times that I did. But I'm saying that was a problem in the locker room, I felt like. Just my opinion."

It would really be no surprise if the Chargers do release him. He can't stay healthy and he can't justify his salary and taking up a roster spot. He reminds me of that last couple of seasons that Shawn Springs played for the Skins. Shawn was such a difference maker but he couldn't stay healthy and refused to play hurt, even when it was something relatively minor.

I don't agree with this. This guy has been run into the ground by this franchise and busted his ass to put up some amazing numbers...he should be able to finish out his career in SD.

I couldn't agree more with you. But the reality of this league is that you have to perform and as soon as you are on the decline, you get cut.

I couldn't agree more with you. But the reality of this league is that you have to perform and as soon as you are on the decline, you get cut.

His numbers weren't terrible, had a decent amount of TD's, rushing yards mediocre though. That's the kind of team SD is now though, its River's team nowadays, not LT's. Even so I think Sproles/LT combo is still plenty good and can get the job done.

It would really be no surprise if the Chargers do release him. He can't stay healthy and he can't justify his salary and taking up a roster spot. He reminds me of that last couple of seasons that Shawn Springs played for the Skins. Shawn was such a difference maker but he couldn't stay healthy and refused to play hurt, even when it was something relatively minor.

At least LT has played during the regular season . . . Shawn couldn't even give us that. I'll grant you that Shawn was a difference maker when healthy . . . but I would never compare him to LT. Tomlinson's a first ballot HOFr.

He will be a Cowboy.

That the cowboys have 3 running backs already who need touches makes this scenario HIGHLY unlikely.

This is a what have you done for me lately league.

Yup. Despite his greatness (and let's be clear . . . LT was great), his production has been on a steady decline and the Chargers can get the same type of numbers and success out of a Darren/Hester/Draft pick combination. This is what good teams do. They know when to get rid of players and always seem to have plans in place to replace them.

Originally Posted by skinsdude viewpost.gif

It would really be no surprise if the Chargers do release him. He can't stay healthy and he can't justify his salary and taking up a roster spot..

Sounds like someone familiar, but can't put my finger on it right now.

No clue who you're referring to, I can't think of anyone on the Skins roster who fits that description. :silly:

LT would be a good fit on a team that need a short yardage/goaline back or a veteran to spell the #1 RB on that team.

"You said a leader and all this kind of stuff, but there was a big part of this year, where for whatever reason, I didn't feel connected as far as the team, the unity, togetherness, family. I didn't feel that at times in the season. There were times that I did. But I'm saying that was a problem in the locker room, I felt like. Just my opinion."

Heard this while working out and my first thought was that it really sounded like what I often heard about the Turner locker room when he was here.

I'm not surprised by this at all. This year was a to prove that they don't need LT anymore to win. I mean look at some of the games this year. LT was on the bench or standing on the sidlines for some really important drives. They really believe that Sproles can do what they need from the RB position. And from what I saw last year, I agree. I have always been a fan of LT but he has become injury prone and just isn't producing the same anymore.

"You said a leader and all this kind of stuff, but there was a big part of this year, where for whatever reason, I didn't feel connected as far as the team, the unity, togetherness, family. I didn't feel that at times in the season. There were times that I did. But I'm saying that was a problem in the locker room, I felt like. Just my opinion."

Heard this while working out and my first thought was that it really sounded like what I often heard about the Turner locker room when he was here.

Yeah lockeroom leadership and togetherness has never been Norv's strong suit.

Its just so insane, just like a few years ago LT, Shaun Alexander, Portis were elite backs. Is it just me or is the NFL just wearing out running backs faster?

Maybe the age of the old featured back is over and the new modern league requires every time to have a 2 back system to succeed.

Makes you wonder how much longer Adrian Peterson has left.

His numbers weren't terrible, had a decent amount of TD's, rushing yards mediocre though. That's the kind of team SD is now though, its River's team nowadays, not LT's. Even so I think Sproles/LT combo is still plenty good and can get the job done.

3.3 yards per carry is terrible particularly when you have such an effective passing attack.

Archived