Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Novacek's wife found dead

Santana_89

Free Agency will have a ____ impact on us this/next year...  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Free Agency will have a ____ impact on us this/next year...

• MASSIVE
    • Significant
    • some
    • Little
    • NONE, those days are over, period, DONE!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/020210dnsponovacek.d6b3e56c.html

Wife of ex-Cowboys player Jay Novacek found dead

04:09 PM CST on Monday, February 1, 2010

From Staff and Wire Reports

BURLESON – LeAnne Novacek, the wife of Jay Novacek, a former Dallas Cowboys tight end, was found dead Monday morning at a Burleson home.

NBC Dallas reported, citing a Tarrant County Medical Examiner report, that Novacek's body was found in the bedroom of home in Burleson just after 9 a.m. The Tarrant County Appraisal District said the home belongs to Sonia Lynn Gumfory, who is believed to be a relative of LeAnne.

The cause of death has not been released, though police did say that foul play is not suspected in connection with Novacek's death. The medical examiner said an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning.

A five-time Pro Bowler, Novacek played for the Cowboys from 1990 to 1995. From 1985 to 1989, he played for the St Louis Cardinals, which became the Phoenix Cardinals in 1989.

In 2008, Novacek was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.

My condolances to The Novacek's family.

My condolences to Novacek, his family and his extended Cowboys family. What a terrible tragedy.

Novacek was one of my favorite Cowboys of the '90s teams, I wish him Godspeed and hope he and his daughter make it through this tough time as well as can be.

Archived