Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senior Bowl thread

redskins021

Tebow is a long term project. Somebody you might take if you still have a good starter. Or somebody who is desperate. (Jags). I think dude has limited upside anyway. He'll never have a quick release. He'll never completely get rid of his windup. Not sure how he's 4th on so many QB rankings.

Name brand. When that wears off he will get the Eric Crouch treatment and be drafted in the 3rd of 4th round.

Tebow is a long term project. Somebody you might take if you still have a good starter. Or somebody who is desperate. (Jags). I think dude has limited upside anyway. He'll never have a quick release. He'll never completely get rid of his windup. Not sure how he's 4th on so many QB rankings.
I really don't get that either.

I have a hard time believing his "will power" and "leadership" push him that high up the QB rankings.

It's just impossible to get past his release and windup. So slow. Which is critical in the NFL.

And that's besides his footwork issues, his lack of practice dropping back from under center, the way he throws the ball with an open stance facing the defense, the lack of practice reading defenses, etc.

I think he's rated highly as a QB because he has interesting potential at other areas (FB or TE), combined with his physical abilities, but nobody's come out yet and openly said they're looking to draft him as an H-Back, so he has to be categorized as a QB for now.

];7252145']He punched a guy in teh face after the game was over.

That speaks real character concerns.

I'm all for forgiving him' date=' but don't act like he didn't sucker punch a guy from the team that was far superior to his.[/quote']

True, but M Night Shamalynahan is known for throwing the dice on "questionable character" guys.

Apparently Tebow fumbled something like 6 or 7 of his first 10 snaps under center. I find that to be almost unbelievable. One would think that he would have been working on that since it was perceived as one of his big weaknesses.

thats why senior bowl's and shrine games are so important. the scouts get to see these so called spread qb's in a real nfl system under center. tebow will improve. heck he has too thats a hell of allot

If anyone has a Twitter account they should check out MoveTheSticks, former scout for the Browns and Ravens and does some stuff for ESPN once in awhile:

MoveTheSticks

More bad than good from Cincinnati QB Tony Pike... Long motion, lean body and lazy footwork.

MoveTheSticks

Its always good to let the week play itself out but through 1 practice, I would say Idaho OG Mike Iupati was best in show.

And finally, about my guy from FSU:

MoveTheSticks

By the way, they must have a heck of a workout program at Oxford because Myron Rolle was the most impressive physique BY FAR

not a bad first day for lefevour. http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Practices/North-125.php

A player to watch this week is Central Michigan's Dan LeFevour. He was highly impressive showing a solid arm and touch, but later in 11v11's he struggled a little bit. By far he was the most impressive QB out here today.

this guy is starting to win me over a little bit at a time. i still think that we need to load up on offensive linemen before we even think about taking a qb though.

only if he hits the weight room. McCluster is 170lbs at best, he cant carry the ball 20+ times a game without being crippled in the process

i like him in a Reggie Bush type of role, but not as an everydown back like Chris Johnson

That was the same knock on Desean Jackson when he was coming out, I think he did Ok at the next level and McCluster will too!

Wisconsin DE O'Brien Schofield tore his ACL apparently. First major injury. He was going to be a decent pick, maybe a late 2nd or 3rd rounder. He'll drop like a stone now.

I'm watching the OL vs DL now and I just saw that. I don't like what I'm seeing from Duccasse.

Also just saw Ed Wang from VT. He doesn't look like he'll have the ability to be a LT. Brandon Graham just made him look silly. Maybe he'd be a good G. I'm not really sure though.

For as frail as Jackson is, he even has 10 pounds on McCluster. He is going to need to add more weight unless he is going to be a 5 play per game type of player.

When DeSean Jackson came out, he was at 167-169lbs. He may have added bulk since then, but he didn't have 10lbs on him, or there wouldn't have been much talk.

But you're right. Jackson is a WR. This kid is going to be a RB. He can't be a featured back at that weight.

Definitely a disappointing day for quarterbacks. I watched most of the practice and have read a few different reports from various draft sites and it looks like none of the quarterbacks really made a statement. From what I saw and read, I would say Zac Robinson was the only quarterback to have somewhat stood above the rest. I wouldnt say Robinson had a spectacular day but he was at least fairly consistent and showed a decent arm. LeFevour showed glimpses of promise but also made quite a bit of mistakes when it game to the 11on11 play. Pike and Canfield I thought looked awful. Those are the two guys that I had highest expectations of this week and need to step up big time as the week continues. Jarrett Brown has great footwork and can really extend plays but still has some work to do with his decision making. I think that comes with more experience.

There are quite a few good looking oline prospects this week and Im really looking forward to watching their 1on1 matchups with the dlineman as well as how they stand up in the larger scrimmages.

Keep and eye on Joique Bell also as the week continues. This week is his chance to show that he can hang with the big boys.

two completely different positions. WR's dont take the beating rb's do

I understand that but the knock was couldn't he be a starting Wr in the NFL and the scouts were saying he was too small and needed to gain weight. So he was overlooked because of this, my point is you can't teach speed but weight is easy to gain McCluster will be a baller at the next level, Sproles was his size too coming out and he's doing fine also.

I like what I'm seeing from Blount.

I read a really interesting report on draftcountdown in relation to Blounts running style. It talked about how he seems to run with his pads high and how its harder for big backs to succeed at the NFL level when they run high because they arent maximizing their power and expose their legs to linebackers for easier tackling.

Sproles weighed 187 at the combine when he was drafted.

And the scouts said: NEGATIVES: Lacks the pure speed to run to daylight. Looks small to the point of being tiny on the football field.

I'm not saying McCluster is a everydown back but he can do the same things Sproles can at the next level. The kid is a playmaker.

Archived