Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC Championship GameDay Thread: The Favres vs The Brees

88Comrade2000

Especially being that he stopped him from turning around to run around it.

That's the main point I was trying to make. To continually hand-check a receiver so he has to slow down, then fall down, and think that that then makes the ball "uncatchable", so you want your penalty waved off.....doesn't work that way, nor should it.

:bsflag:

Seriously, stop nonsense like this.

Leber hit Thomas at least 3 times with his hands. To expect to get bailed out from that call because maybe, if he HADN'T hit the guy, that he might not have gotten to the ball, is not how it works. You don't deserve the benfit of the doubt for making illegal contact several times.

And, again, the above 4 statements are such BS, don't bring crap like that into a discussion.

When you make a post breaking up everything up and delete half of my post it does sound like crap. Though putting tons of BS flags doesn't exactly come across as great post either as clever as you may think it is. However my point was even Aikman disagreed with the call. He said the contact to him didn't seem enough to interfere. He said it himself it was way overthrown and uncatchable. Thomas cleary did some serious acting too. Leber blocked his view but he did not interfere. Thomas was in no position to go after the ball.

When you make a post breaking up everything up and delete half of my post it does sound like crap. Though putting tons of BS flags doesn't exactly come across as great post either as clever as you may think it is. However my point was even Aikman disagreed with the call. He said the contact to him didn't seem enough to interfere. He said it himself it was way overthrown and uncatchable. Thomas cleary did some serious acting too. Leber blocked his view but he did not interfere. Thomas was in no position to go after the ball.

I did that because you posted 4 different statements that were just clearly nonsense. You're doing nothing but posting clearly untrue things.

I did that because you posted 4 different statements that were just clearly nonsense. You're doing nothing but posting clearly untrue things.

What part was untrue? I'm stating what I saw and what Aikman saw. The reason I mention Aikman is because he was talking up Saints most of the game but completely disagreed with the call. Of course in Aikman's defense there wasn't much to talk about on the vikings side besides Favre's great performance until the end.

Question for everyone:

With 19 seconds left in the game... The Vikings called a time out to stop the clock...

They then huddled up and lined up, and proceeded to call another time out, yet were flagged for too many men in the huddle...

Shouldn't it have been a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for calling 2 time outs in a row?

I would like this explained also. That seems to me like a major charity call because as soon as Favre counted the players in the huddle he called a time out.

What part was untrue? I'm stating what I saw and what Aikman saw. The reason I mention Aikman is because he was talking up Saints most of the game but completely disagreed with the call. Of course in Aikman's defense there wasn't much to talk about on the vikings side besides Favre's great performance until the end.

That. Right there.

Aikman was neither "talking up the Saints" nor did he "totally disagree" with the call. He said 'a case could be made' that the ball was uncatchable.

Implying he was some kind of Saints fan that was screaming about how bad the call was are just two seperate pieces of total nonsense.

That. Right there.

Aikman was neither "talking up the Saints" nor did he "totally disagree" with the call. He said 'a case could be made' that the ball was uncatchable.

Implying he was some kind of Saints fan that was screaming about how bad the call was are just two seperate pieces of total nonsense.

Ok I was watching the game with 3 others and everyone of us could tell Aikman was on the N.O side. I personally don't care about that but when he's even disagreeing that says something. He said, "the ball was clearly overthrown by 10 yds and the case should be made that it was uncatchable." He then said, "I'm not sure there was even that much contact." Thats a major difference.

Ok I was watching the game with 3 others and everyone of us could tell Aikman was on the N.O side. I personally don't care about that but when he's even disagreeing that says something. He said, "the ball was clearly overthrown by 10 yds and the case should be made that it was uncatchable." He then said, "I'm not sure there was even that much contact." Thats a major difference.

:hysterical: I really don't care to respond to someone who's making up BS quotes or telling me what his buddies said like that means something.

Question for everyone:

With 19 seconds left in the game... The Vikings called a time out to stop the clock...

They then huddled up and lined up, and proceeded to call another time out, yet were flagged for too many men in the huddle...

Shouldn't it have been a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for calling 2 time outs in a row?

It would have been if they weren't called a second earlier for 12 men in the huddle. But when the flag came out, I thought it was going to be the 15 yarder.

I thought a lot of the little things went the saints way, towards the end. It was a great game all around, and I feel badly for Favre.

Archived