Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AJC: Magazine ranks Atlanta as America's gayest city

China

I'm not outraged over this, but this article just isn't accurate. That might have been the point of it. Controversy sells magazines.

I will say I was surprised that SF wasn't in the rankings at all. I actually looked up and down the list twice when I first saw it, thinking I missed it. It is one thing for them to have another city ranked higher, but to not have SF in the top 15 at all is surprising. I'm not sure that the controversy was the point. I think that there simply isn't enough reliable data to make a quantitative assessment, and the result of this ranking is flawed because of the source data used.

Not that is matters, but there are way more than 29 gay bars in San Francisco. My representative on the Board of Supervisors is openly gay. My State Senator is openly gay. We had about 10,000 gay marriages performed in this city. And so on. And we don't even make the top 15? Lollers.

Are you arguing that your city is "gayer" than the rest? Really?

Yes, because I find it ignorant that you're supporting stereotyping.

hahahahahahaha

nice try

My city is more tolerant and friendly to gay people than other cities. It is easier for a gay person to live a comfortable life where he or she is accepted for who they are here than it is in other places. And I am proud of my city for that. That is all.

Archived