Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Greenberg's slip of the tongue gets him in hot water

MattFancy

If that's the basis of your argument that's pretty silly.

He was forced to issue an apology because of the outcry, why would it be heartfelt when it was a simple jumbling of the words? It's simply to appease race baiters.

Race Baiters???

This isn't politics sir/mam. This is public relations and media! It's a different standard regardless of ones political views or beliefs. It has nothing to do with race! It has to do with right and wrong.

You arn't that naive to assume that Greeny's comments are only being criticized by one race of people are you?

Race Baiters???

This isn't politics sir/mam. This is public relations and media! It's a different standard regardless of ones political views or beliefs. It has nothing to do with race! It has to do with right and wrong.

You arn't that naive to assume that Greeny's comments are only being criticized by one race of people are you?

The criticism cuts across race. The intelligence demographic is pretty homogenous, however.

Race Baiters???

Whats right and wrong here?

Again, you're forcing the issue.

And for the most part, yes I believe that these comments are being criticized by blacks.

He was forced to issue an apology because of the outcry, why would it be heartfelt when it was a simple jumbling of the words? It's simply to appease race baiters.

Or not.

Even an honest mistake can hurt people, and one should not have to be forced to apologize for that. Then it's up to those offended to forgive or not. If it is truly an honest mistake it shouldn't be too difficult to give or accept such an apology.

~Bang

It has to do with right and wrong.

No way. I don't think that's the case one bit, I think black people that actually have in the past been called things far worse would blow off something that was obviously unintentional.

It has to do with right and wrong.

Totally agree.

FWIW, being bracketed by two other words that each feature the long U sound (Luther and Junior), King in that context is a very screw-uppable word. I find it hard to believe that this is anything more than a guy talking fast and getting tongue tied.

If that's the basis of your argument that's pretty silly.

I don't see a controdiction there. They guy could have had an honsest slip of the toung, and still be genuinly sorry what he said offended people.

Been there, done that.

I'm just wondering what you all would do if you let something like that slip on air. Would you just go on with the show. Im pretty sure i would have said something like, "oops, terribly sorry about that.", and then got on with the show.I think that would have killed any media buzz on the subject.

if you made a slip like that on TV and radio, What would you do?

I'm just wondering what you all would do if you let something like that slip on air. Would you just go on with the show. Im pretty sure i would have said something like, "oops, terribly sorry about that.", and then got on with the show.I think that would have killed any media buzz on the subject.

I'd stop and say I was sorry for a slip. But that is to assume I heard it the way others heard it, and it also assumes that the show is in such a format to allow that sort of freedom with the time. TV not so much. It's very strict since you've got such a short period of time, and they can usually edit out the mistake before it airs.. A 4 hour radio show is a bit different. But, time is also filled for those shows, so you don't have a lot of time to spend on it. You can't allow it to take over that show, but tomorrow's show you can build some time in to handle it properly.

I've recorded almost 150 podcasts, and sometimes I stumble over a word or slur some things together. Most of the time that it happens, I'm just concentrating on getting my thought across without sounding like too much of an idiot.

~Bang

I'd immediately fess up to it, and make it clear that it was a mistake. I think Mike and Mike are so uptight on their show that they probably noticed the mistake and ignored it because they didn't know what to say. They seem like extremely fake people.

A Jewish roommate and I once got drunk and decided to list every racial and ethnic slur we knew. He spoke Russian so we included those as well. The list was staggering. (We burned the list for what it's worth).

"Coon" is probably in the top five most used slur for black people' date=' depending on your region. It is certainly in the Top Ten. It's the Boise State of racial slurs.[/quote']

I was in first grade (and sober) when a friend and I undertook this very same task. All in the name of science, of course.

needless to say, our teacher secured the documented log of our efforts...

Archived