Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese [Tweet]: Wach, Meidt gone, Jackson, KO, Smith in

corrupt3d

there is no way in hell you can be a fan of bringing tom cable.

I posted that before I read anything about Cable.

Either way, I would take Not Hixon over Hixon any day. We have developed ZERO receivers under Hixon. ZERO. He is awful.

Edit: I was unaware of Cable's history of domestic violence. I don't follow anyone in the AFC. After reading that, though, **** him. I'd rather have Hixon.

I think it would be the WRs since the Skins are eyeing Mann from the Bucs as WRs coach.

not sure I follow this logic...i assume you mean LeFleur will be the QB coach and Mann the WR coach. That would be my guess as well unless the Mann deal fell through for some reason.

not sure I follow this logic...i assume you mean LeFleur will be the QB coach and Mann the WR coach. That would be my guess as well unless the Mann deal fell through for some reason.

my bad, that's what i meant! I missed typed. yes, i assume that he will coach the QBs.

I posted that before I read anything about Cable.

Either way, I would take Not Hixon over Hixon any day. We have developed ZERO receivers under Hixon. ZERO. He is awful.

Edit: I was unaware of Cable's history of domestic violence. I don't follow anyone in the AFC. After reading that, though, **** him. I'd rather have Hixon.

LOL, i wondered why you hadnt said anything. dude has been accused of spousal abuse by two different women. i knew that would have to set off the newcliche alarm!

but i agree, dude is a scumbag.

I live here in the Oakland area and am a casual follower of the Raiders. Tom Cable's skills as an o-line coach? I have no idea, but I figure that if he could earn a head coaching job from it, they must be decent. Also, keep in mind that former Raiders head coach Bill Callahan is now the Jets' offensive line coach, and their line is downright nasty and awesome now.

As for Tom Cable, leader of men, he's viewed as a bit of a joke out here. He comes across as a roid-rage kind of guy, has a history of domestic violence, and he flat-out assaulted a Raiders assistant coach and gave him some pretty major injuries. There was a thorough police investigation but no charges were ever filed.

I am seeing people saying he was accused... was he ever convicted?

I can be accused of a lot of stuff, does not mean I did any of it.

Punching a man in the face I can handle, though if he DID in fact get convicted of spousal abuse, **** him.

Believe it or not, most women don't lie. You may hear about inconsistencies and recanting, but most people can't tell the same story exactly the same way more than once, and if you're fearing for your life, then you're going to recant.

In 1989, Sandy Cable sought a temporary order of protection, which said, in part, "On two occasions, one back in '86 and the other in '88, he hit me. The second time in the face, however on attempts to call law enforcement, my husband would rip the phone out of the wall."

Lutz, who dated Cable as recently as January 2009, said she remembers Cable hitting her "three, four times." She described a scene in a car after they left a restaurant where "[Cable] just got so angry I could not recognize him."

Last Jan. 6, Lutz said she came to Cable's house early in the morning and found another woman there. According to a police report from Alameda, Calif., Lutz became "very upset" and "demanded to meet the woman." Lutz told police that after an altercation, Cable "grabbed her by the left arm, causing her to fall to the ground" and "eventually pick[ed] her up and pushed her out the front door."

Doesn't sound very good for him. In fact, it sounds like the stereotypical abuser.

I hope that Cable stays with the Raiders and is nowhere near us. Or, you know, goes to jail. That would work for me, too. With treatment, of course.

EDIT: Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4613549

Believe it or not, most women don't lie. You may hear about inconsistencies and recanting, but most people can't tell the same story exactly the same way more than once, and if you're fearing for your life, then you're going to recant.

Doesn't sound very good for him.

I hope that Cable stays with the Raiders and is nowhere near us. Or, you know, goes to jail. That would work for me, too.

Honestly, they're looking at bringing the dude in as an O-Line coach, not a cheerleading coach, who cares?

Maybe the guy does have anger issues and did get into a scuffle with his signifigant other, but digging something like that up from '86 and '89? Do people not change? Maybe she was a psycho or was the one to initiate violence, good luck proving that to police in a situation like that.

Haha, thanks to you, the alarm is blaring and the soapbox is out!

if im not gonna complain about campbell i might as well have you entertain me today! lol

without going into the tailgate, ive seen you fly off the handle about stuff i didnt think was a big deal, but spousal abuse is ******.

and doesnt he just look like a wife beater? dont lie, you know you agree!

Honestly, they're looking at bringing the dude in as an O-Line coach, not a cheerleading coach, who cares?

Maybe the guy does have anger issues and did get into a scuffle with his signifigant other, but digging something like that up from '86 and '89? Do people not change? Maybe she was a psycho or was the one to initiate violence, good luck proving that to police in a situation like that.

sure people change, but the guy was accused of punching out a member of his own staff earlier this season, and that all got swept under the rug. whether its women or men, the dude clearly has some violence issues. not sure thats something id want brought into my work place.

Because I don't want my team associated with a dirtbag who has a history of beating and/or physically abusing women. The guy is like 6'6 300 lbs and he pushes and punches women in the face.

F*** him. Seriously. People like that, in most cases, do NOT change.

Archived