Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese [Tweet]: Wach, Meidt gone, Jackson, KO, Smith in

corrupt3d

Honestly, they're looking at bringing the dude in as an O-Line coach, not a cheerleading coach, who cares?

Maybe the guy does have anger issues and did get into a scuffle with his signifigant other, but digging something like that up from '86 and '89? Do people not change? Maybe she was a psycho or was the one to initiate violence, good luck proving that to police in a situation like that.

Fail.

sure people change, but the guy was accused of punching out a member of his own staff earlier this season, and that all got swept under the rug. whether its women or men, the dude clearly has some violence issues. not sure thats something id want brought into my work place.

Win.

Because I don't want my team associated with a dirtbag who has a history of beating and/or physically abusing women. The guy is like 6'6 300 lbs and he pushes and punches women in the face.

F*** him. Seriously. People like that, in most cases, do NOT change.

Win.

noshirtforyou:

You want him on the team? Go bring him to a team that appreciates people like him, the Dallas Cowboys. The Redskins aren't about that.

Clearly you failed to read the article as well:

Last Jan. 6, Lutz said she came to Cable's house early in the morning and found another woman there. According to a police report from Alameda, Calif., Lutz became "very upset" and "demanded to meet the woman." Lutz told police that after an altercation, Cable "grabbed her by the left arm, causing her to fall to the ground" and "eventually pick[ed] her up and pushed her out the front door."

Lutz went to the emergency room and was treated for back pain and a contusion. Lutz also told police Cable had grabbed her by the neck several months earlier.

I will also question YOUR ethics as you are more worried about "proving it to the police" rather than what actually happened. Want to know what happens when this stuff isn't taken seriously?

See: Simpson, O.J.

And for you to accuse the woman of inciting the violence is as absurd as your post. It's wonderful that you rush to the defense of someone who has done this **** repeatedly. Maybe you guys have more in common than you're letting on?

if im not gonna complain about campbell i might as well have you entertain me today! lol

without going into the tailgate, ive seen you fly off the handle about stuff i didnt think was a big deal, but spousal abuse is ******.

and doesnt he just look like a wife beater? dont lie, you know you agree!

Just pull my string and watch me go!

And you'd be surprised how many domestic abusers look like everyday people. I'd say 45/46. And remember, I'm in the field, so unlike some idiotic posters who want to defend the guy, I actually know what I'm talking about.

Just pull my string and watch me go!

And you'd be surprised how many domestic abusers look like everyday people. I'd say 45/46. And remember, I'm in the field, so unlike some idiotic posters who want to defend the guy, I actually know what I'm talking about.

Well, then I guess I am an idiot. I do not really want him as our OL coach, but I am also not going to convict him in message board court until a judge does. Is he a questionable character? Sure. Am I going to convict him of crimes that the judicial system has not. Nope.

You have made up your mind, and that is fine. You can do whatever you want. But calling people idiots when they do not agree with you when he has not been charged with anything goes a little too far IMO.

Well, then I guess I am an idiot. I do not really want him as our OL coach, but I am also not going to convict him in message board court until a judge does. Is he a questionable character? Sure. Am I going to convict him of crimes that the judicial system has not. Nope.

You have made up your mind, and that is fine. You can do whatever you want. But calling people idiots when they do not agree with you when he has not been charged with anything goes a little too far IMO.

Right. Because not being arrested then, before mandatory arrest laws for domestic violence, is brilliant. And it's hard to call the police with the phone ripped out of the wall.

And, again, courts didn't convict O.J. Simpson, either. We saw how that turned up.

I stand by my comments.

is he currently working on acquiring every current browns defensive lineman?

That was my first thought exactly. Not sure I really like this hire, considering Denver's DL has been a huge pile of feces over the last decade. Pretty much consistently their weakest link.

As for Tom "I can't keep my hands to myself" Cable, that guy can go eat ****. I'd rather bring in Richard Simmons to coach the OL (at least they'd be light and agile by the time he was done). I don't want a guy who's been accused multiple times of being a wife-beater, and for anyone questioning whether or not he did it? I'm the kind of person who errs on giving people the benefit of the doubt, but when you've been accused multiple times by multiple women, and then you've gone ahead and beat the living **** out of one of your assistant coaches because you've never learned to use your words, you're a dumb ************.

Tom Cable deserves another coaching job, sure, if he agrees to castration first, lower the hormonal levels, lower the aggression. The only reason he hasn't been fired is because Al Davis is afraid of being broken in half. No thanks, I'll be cheering for Solari.

So I guess our staff so far looks like this, unconfirmed is in brackets:

OC/QB: Kyle Shanahan (he did both jobs effectively in Houston)

WR: Matt LeFluer (same pos w/Houston) (Lack of recent news says Mann's not coming, IMO)

OL: (Solari same position w/Seattle, if not him, I don't know who but I don't want Cable. It's bad enough when you're worrying about your players having trouble with the law let alone your coaches)

TE: (wish we'd kept Wachenheim) No rumors even.

RB: Bobby Turner (same position w/ Broncos)

DC: Jim Haslett

DL: Jacob Burney (same pos w/ Broncos)

LB: KO (assistant), Lou Spanos (same pos w/Pittsburgh)

CB: Bob Slowik

S: Steve Jackson

ST: Danny Smith

The ones I don't like are Wachenheim, Brurney, and Jackson.

The ones I LOVE are Kyle, Turner, Spanos, and that Hixon's gone.

Right. Because not being arrested then, before mandatory arrest laws for domestic violence, is brilliant. And it's hard to call the police with the phone ripped out of the wall.

And, again, courts didn't convict O.J. Simpson, either. We saw how that turned up.

I stand by my comments.

Whatever, I am not going to argue because you are not going to agree with me and I am not going to agree with you. I just do not think that you should call people idiots because they disagree with your stance.

It is a horrible situation that I loathe. It is a heinous crime, but he has not been convicted of it. Not every report is true, and certainly not everything that is on ESPN.

And O.J. Simpson is not Tom Cable. As disgusting as it is, celebrities can get away with a lot in this country. But Tom Cable was not a celebrity then, and he is not a celebrity now.

Whatever, I am not going to argue because you are not going to agree with me and I am not going to agree with you. I just do not think that you should call people idiots because they disagree with your stance.

It is a horrible situation that I loathe. It is a heinous crime, but he has not been convicted of it. Not every report is true, and certainly not everything that is on ESPN.

And O.J. Simpson is not Tom Cable. As disgusting as it is, celebrities can get away with a lot in this country. But Tom Cable was not a celebrity then, and he is not a celebrity now.

we are gonna be building a young team, were supposed to be building this young healthy oline that will carry us for the future. im not sure bringing in a guy suspected of multiple spousal abuse instances on top of a violent work related beat down this past season is the guy you want mentoring your young oline.

how do you look your oline coach in the face and respect what hes saying when you know he beats up women? to go from joe bugel to that, thats sinking low.

Yuck man. Is there anything positive about this? I mean, Denver's DL was pretty much their achilles heal the majority of the time Shanahan was there.

best i can say , is maybe google him and look at his back work , worked the Ravens DL also if im not mistaken

Your pretty much spot on with your assessment.

Edit: And for the record, I dont want Cable. But NewCliche IS making this a little bit too personal. And for him to say that people don't change is pretty ironic considering who is in his screenname and as his avatar. But, thats neither here nor there. Or is it?

best i can say , is maybe google him and look at his back work , worked the Ravens DL also if im not mistaken

Looks like he came out of college ranks, got a job with the Browns DL from 94-98, 99-01 DL coach for Carolina, then DL coach for Broncos from 02 until now.

Meh, I'm not in love with it, but I can live with it, it's not like Denver had much talent there. I don't know.

we are gonna be building a young team, were supposed to be building this young healthy oline that will carry us for the future. im not sure bringing in a guy suspected of multiple spousal abuse instances on top of a violent work related beat down this past season is the guy you want mentoring your young oline.

how do you look your oline coach in the face and respect what hes saying when you know he beats up women? to go from joe bugel to that, thats sinking low.

You say "suspected," and then you say "you know he beats up women." That's two different things. We know nothing.

I mentioned earlier that I did not want him. But I also do not agree with convicting him of something he has not been charged with and jumping on people that disagree with an opinion.

Sorry, I said I was not going to argue. I guess we can agree that neither of us necesarily want him. But unfortunately it is not our choice.

According to Wikipedia...

Jacob Burney (born January 24, 1959 in Chattanooga, Tennessee) is the current defensive lines coach for the Washington Redskins. He has been coaching for the Redskins since 2010.

He was a four-year starter at Tennessee-Chattanooga but went undrafted. He had tryouts with the Detroit Lions but was not signed to their roster.

He coached in the college ranks for 11 years for the University of Mexico, University of Tulsa, Mississippi State University, University of Wisconsin, UCLA, and University of Tennessee.

In 1994 he joined the Cleveland Browns to become their defensive line coach; he stayed there until 1998. In 1999 he joined the Carolina Panthers to be their defensive line coach and coached there until 2001. In 2002 he was hired for the same position by the Denver Broncos.

Edit: Pretty unimpressive if you ask me. I don't see alot of 3-4 experience but I guess some is better then none which is what we were getting with Palermo if I am not mistaken.

Whatever. The idiot comment was unncessary, so I apologize for that. :(

However, multiple reports from many, unrelated people are pretty reliable, especially over the course of two decades. No money is being sought, so that argument isn't even possible (not that you brought it up, but others will/are thinking it). The guy also has a ridiculous history of anger, punctuated by punching his own staff member in the face, or at least assaulting him depending on the account.

Your pretty much spot on with your assessment.

Edit: And for the record, I dont want Cable. But NewCliche IS making this a little bit too personal. And for him to say that people don't change is pretty ironic considering who is in his screenname and as his avatar. But, thats neither here nor there. Or is it?

Wondering where I said that he couldn't change. Also wondering if I said that I hope that he gets treatment.

I'll let you look that up.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=315894

gives a good breakdown of him jflow

Hey, Thanks man. You're too kind.

It definitely makes it sound like a fantastic hire. So, I feel much better about this. We should have a monster of a staff at this point. Hopefully the OL position gets resolved in the next few days, unless we're waiting on someone from an active playoff team.

Danny Smith was retained because he's actually not a bad special teams coach. before this year we were actually pretty good on special teams. The lose of some key players and ARE's deteriorating eye-hand coordination, coupled with his increasing fear to take a hit while attempting to make something happen on a punt return are the main reasons for our poor special teams as I can see it.

YEs, I love the fact he went with Suisham when just about all here on ES said to cut him. He held him for just the right amount of time and then releasing him and letting the Cowboys sign him in time for the Paloffs. :D;):D

Archived