Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Playoffs: Divisional Round (Gameday Thread)

ACW

And he would be 100% correct. That was a HORRIBLE call.

For one, EVERY receiver is defenseless when making a catch. It's impossible to not be defenseless when you're making a catch.

And Helmet to helmet happens on most tackles. It needs some common sense applied.

Lewis made a great play, and this ridiculous application of a moronic rule gives the Colts a freebie

~Bang

yeah, its was a bad call. Problem is that they blame the refs EVERYTIME they lose.

Anyone else think the Colts should just cut Bob "Glass" Sanders. I've heard his name over and over tonight and frankly I just don't care about a guy that gets hurt if the sun is particularly bright that day.

Looks like that's what might happen eventually. It's a shame, especially when you look at his stats and see that he's basically only been able to play in half of the games during his career

true dat. But one bad call doesn't win or lose a game for you.

I'm not even worried about that one bad call,, i am pissed that THIS is what they've done to NFL football. That rule is horsepoo. Absolutely.

May as well leave the defense back home.

BTW< notice on that last Ravens drive, Derrick Mason went over the middle, and was defenseless when the Colts defender hit him helmet to helmet.

No call.

It's just too subjective. Helmet to helmet is pretty obvious when it's not inadvertent, and so is the 'defenseless receiver' crap. EVERY receiver is defenseless when they are catching a ball. The 'defenseless' receiver is to be called when the ball is already gone and the guy takes a lick anyway.

On that particular play the receiver had the damn ball in his hands.

I HATE what they're doing to this game. It's not the refs that are the problem, it's the ****ing rulebook.

~Bang

I'm not even worried about that one bad call,, i am pissed that THIS is what they've done to NFL football. That rule is horsepoo. Absolutely.

BTW< notice on that last Ravens drive, Derrick Mason went over the middle, and was defenseless when the Colts defender hit him helmet to helmet.

No call.

It's just too subjective. Helmet to helmet is pretty obvious when it's not inadvertent, and so is the 'defenseless receiver' crap. EVERY receiver is defenseless when they are catching a ball. The 'defenseless' receiver is to be called when the ball is already gone and the guy takes a lick anyway.

I HATE what they're doing to this game. It's not the refs that are the problem, it's the ****ing rulebook.

~Bang

This I do agree with. I hate the call as well. As Barney (err I mean Shannon Sharpe) said; you can't just allow the reciever to catch a TD right in front of you. What else are you supposed to do?

No call.

~Bang

:point2sky:point2sky:point2sky:

They should just play two-hand touch if they don't want anyone to get hurt.

And don't even get me started about the rules protecting the QB. Ridiculous.

Archived