Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Samuels and Thomas are gone, Free Agency...

Looking For Number Four

Samuels made $7M last year with $30M remaining....that would be gone if he were to retire.

Thomas made $5M last year with $20M remaining...that would be gone if he were to retire.

Portis is going to go from $6M to $12M, so there goes a lot of that savings...

Haynesworth goes from 7 to 8.8M, there is another $2M....

Griffin going from 3.8 to 2, saves most of that loss $1.8M though....

Fletcher going from 4.3 to $7M is going to hurt as well.....

Hall bumps from 5.3 to 6.8M, another 1.5M gone....

If Campbell comes back at min. offer (110% of the $3.9M he made last year) that is what is, but if not there is $4M....

-Drafting QB and trading Campbell for draft pick (he pulls 2nd rounder I'm fairly confident) achieves $4M more in FA and 2nd round pick....

Thomas's 5.8M for next year and Samuels's 4.85 utterly disappear with retirement....

All in all there is A LOT less committed long term....

Hall's 1.5, Haynesworth's 1.8, Fletcher 2.7, and Portis's 6M equal to $12M bumped in big names next year....

Losing Thomas and Samuels brings in $10.6M which with Griffin's $1.8M comes to $12.4M in saving....

All in all, we are pretty much back to square one, outside of the that which is in bold....

What do you guys/girls think free agency is going to look like for Skins?

There is no way Campbell pulls a 2nd round draft pick. We offered him for a 2nd rounder last year and no one bought. The Broncos rather have had Orton than Campbell. That tells you what personnel people think about JC

Seconded. No way the Skins get a 2nd round pick for Campbell. IMO the best they could get for him would be a 4th round pick, and that's a stretch.

Yeah, I agree, JC isn't pulling a 2nd. As for FA goes, we've got to wait and see what it will actually look like (CBA/no CBA, cuts etc.) before we can be sure, but there are a couple guys that we might be able to pull in as temporary starters or backups on the OL. One that's been brought up a lot is Kuper from Denver (G).

Yeah, I agree, JC isn't pulling a 2nd. As for FA goes, we've got to wait and see what it will actually look like (CBA/no CBA, cuts etc.) before we can be sure, but there are a couple guys that we might be able to pull in as temporary starters or backups on the OL. One that's been brought up a lot is Kuper from Denver (G).

He is the best QB available, period, Chad Pennington!? He is ancient! Campbell threw up an 86 QB Rating, 20 TDs to 15 INTs, while his line got him sacked 40 times! Imagine a system that needs someone to manage that has a great o-line and stud WR. He is 28, former 1st rounder, I think he grabs a 2nd rounder for sure. If you are OAK, your telling me you don't bring him in for a 2nd rounder? Buffalo? Arizona, anyone could throw to them, certainly a seasoned vet playing decent under a horrible offense line that does not have Fitz or Bouldin.

one move I'd like too make is signing Eugene Amano, RG for the tenessee titans. He's an UFA, only 28, started 16 games for the Titans, was part of a line that helped Chris Johnson reach 2,000 yards and only gave up a total of 15 sacks. According to stats Inc, Amano only gave up one sack. Not a big name, and we could pay him whatever with no cap.

Seconded. No way the Skins get a 2nd round pick for Campbell. IMO the best they could get for him would be a 4th round pick, and that's a stretch.

I think we can get a 2nd rounder for Jcam we can trade him to teams like The rams seahawks and radiers and bills thos are teams that want a QB but don't want to give a 1st

He is the best QB available, period, Chad Pennington!? He is ancient! Campbell threw up an 86 QB Rating, 20 TDs to 15 INTs, while his line got him sacked 40 times! Imagine a system that needs someone to manage that has a great o-line and stud WR. He is 28, former 1st rounder, I think he grabs a 2nd rounder for sure. If you are OAK, your telling me you don't bring him in for a 2nd rounder? Buffalo? Arizona, anyone could throw to them, certainly a seasoned vet playing decent under a horrible offense line that does not have Fitz or Bouldin.

If he didn't garner any interest for a 2nd last year what makes you think that his value has actually gone up after that clusterf*ck of a year he just had?

i do not think the redskins will be as active in the FA as a lot of people think, we may lose some players to retirement and or injury, but i have a feeling that this team is going to be built on youth

I agree with the man from down under.;)

We may field alot younger offensive line, and it may get ugly in some games, but they will be building for the future. And as fans, we should expect that 2010 could possably be worse then 2009, as far as the line goes.

I think we can get a 2nd rounder for Jcam we can trade him to teams like The rams seahawks and radiers and bills thos are teams that want a QB but don't want to give a 1st

Not a chance in hell any team would give a 2nd for Campbell, especially any of the teams you listed. The Rams aren't giving the 33rd overall pick for Jason, along with the Seahawks, Bills, and Raiders giving up their high 2nd round pick.

These teams need a young QB who can be their franchise, Campbell doesn't fit this option because he's 28 and will turn 29 later this year and won't be around for another 10 years. Al Davis won't take Jason because he still wants JaMarcus as his QB since he has so much guaranteed money wrapped up in him. A 4th to 5t round pick is the best the Skins could get for Jason.

Thomas and Samuels, if it were up to them.............they'd play. You must be crazy to think they are going to retire with that much money on the table. Samuels may not have a choice in the matter, but if he did...............he'd play. The only way Thomas goes is if we cut him............Thinking, confidently, that we could get a 2nd rounder for Campbell is extremely naive.

Archived