Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MyFoxPhilly.com: Philly woman assaulted while wearing Romo shirt.

TEK2000

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/011110_Woman_Wearing_Romo_Jersey_Assaulted_In_Bethlehem

Woman Wearing Romo sits to pee Shirt Assaulted

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Police are investigating a reported assault on a 27-year-old Lehigh Valley woman as she was going to the convenience store Friday night.

Jamie Wert said she was wearing a Dallas Cowboys football shirt with quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee's name and number on the back while walking on Spruce Street in Bethlehem.

That's when she says she was approached by two men wearing Philadelphia Eagles jerseys.

When one of them said, "Hey, Romo sits to pee," she turned around and was struck with something that cut her face.

"I had blood running down my neck, all down the front of my shirt," Wert told Fox 29 News. "When I came home I had to wash everything off. It was scary."

Wert said the attack shook her up but also made her even more determined to show her Dallas pride, including a sign hanging over the front porch that says, "Kill the Birds," and "Go Cowboys."

Police said they're now looking for the two men wearing the Eagles shirts in connection with the assault, although the woman couldn't give them much of a description.

Not very well I'd say.

I mean, how do they get this far? How can anyone who takes sports so seriously even succeed at basic human exercises like walking, speaking, eating, etc.? Clearly these aren't contributing members of society, but how are they even able to exist, at all? I'd imagine someone this stupid to struggle to complete the daily tasks of your typical catatonic vegetable.

Too bad for these 2 fans that they hit her in public, and not at the stadium. Because according to many Philly trolls we had on here this season, she would've deserved it in the stadium.

Either way, congrats you neanderthals. 2 of you beat the **** out of a woman (blindsiding her, no less) for wearing a shirt you didn't like. Bet you feel like big men now, huh?

I mean, how do they get this far? How can anyone who takes sports so seriously even succeed at basic human exercises like walking, speaking, eating, etc.? Clearly these aren't contributing members of society, but how are they even able to exist in any way? I'd imagine someone this stupid to struggle to compete the daily tasks of your typical catatonic vegetable.

I know... I was just being a smart butt.

Who knows what kind of harebrained thoughts go through the minds of individuals like that.

This and Vick are the reasons I didn't mind seeing Philly lose. As hard of a time as we give Cowboys fans, Eagles fans are the scum of the earth and justice was served when they got their ass whooped TWICE by the 'boys.

What a bunch of ******* Eagles fans are. TWO, not one, men attacked an innocent woman?

*Waits for all the Philthy fans from the snowball thread the other week to come in and tell us how this would of happened in any other city, and the press is just twisting it because it's Eagles fans. :doh:.

******* big men huh, attacking a woman. But from the type of Neanderthal in that town, it sadly comes as no surprise. Disgraceful.

Hail.

*Waits for all the Philthy fans from the snowball thread the other week to come in and tell us how this would of happened in any other city, and the press is just twisting it because it's Eagles fans. :doh:.

******* big men huh, attacking a woman. But from the type of Neanderthal in that town, it sadly comes as no surprise. Disgraceful.

Hail.

Feel free to disregard if you want, but Philly doesn't have a monopoly on idiotic fans. An opposing fan was stabbed before a Jets game in the Meadowlands earlier this year, for instance.

Feel free to disregard if you want, but Philly doesn't have a monopoly on idiotic fans. An opposing fan was stabbed before a Jets game in the Meadowlands earlier this year, for instance.

Oh, no question there's good and bad in every fan base, and we all have our fair share of a/holes to bare.

But the a/holes, and general fan culture within that at both the Link and Vet before it, are far more prevalent across the board within your fan base than elsewhere. And what compounds it further is the vast majority of Eagles fans that take great pride in that attitude.

With the best will in the World, you'd be hard pressed to deny that.

Hail.

But the a/holes, and general fan culture within that at both the Link and Vet before it, are far more prevalent across the board within your fan base than elsewhere. And what compounds it further is the vast majority of Eagles fans that take great pride in that attitude.

With the best will in the World, you'd be hard pressed to deny that.

Hail.

Without any quantifiable evidence, I certainly won't deny your claim. And from anecdotal experience, I have no problems agreeing that Veterans Stadium was a place unlike any other and operated outside the bounds of what normal sports fans consider decent.

However, judging once again from anecdotal evidence only, I no longer see any difference in the game-day experience at Lincoln Financial Field as I do at the other stadiums at which I've attended a number of games (Fed Ex, M&T, Hines, and Qualcomm).

These men need help! They are mentally screwed for life without help.

Now for the girl, why flaunt them even more. Obviously your asking for attention and if someone eggs your house, you know why. I am not saying it is correct to get any harm done for you over a game, but obviously there are plenty of fans who are going to do it. So why egg them on?

From living in Germany, I gained great insight into why Europeans act like thugs at soccer matches. Europeans are heavily taxed, always having rules imposed on them, and in general, have a great deal less freedom than your average American. Their outlet is soccer matches (and beerfests). They use the sport and the time to go nuts, to serve as an outlet for their deeply ingrained and suppressed frustration at not being able to get ahead in life.

From a sociological standpoint, I think the same general principle applies to Philly and Oakland fans. They tend to be blue collar, under-educated, hold less than intellectually stimulating jobs, etc... In short, their potential success and intellectual potential is encapsulated with MTV's "Jersey Shore." So, they, like Europeans, have little to look forward to in their personal lives. They use football as an outlet to go nuts and act like animals...all as an outlet for their deeply ingrained and suppressed frustration at being failures in life.

Am sure there is NSF money available if someone wants to better conduct a sociological study, but those are just my initial thoughts...

all fan bases have criminals, but about 80% of all philly fans have committed serious crimes.

Archived