Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan likes Tebow a lot!!?

Ajamrani

In some ways, Tebow reminds me somewhat of Philip Rivers, but with a slower release. I followed Philip Rivers at NC State and knew he would be a great QB. I remember a ton of haters on Rivers before the draft, saying his release would never fly in the NFL and that he wouldn't amount to much.

I haven't really followed Tebow that much at all, but he seems to have that leader quality Rivers has. That said, I haven't followed him much and I know a ton of people will be freaking out if we drafted him with our 4th overall pick.

Yes it would be a freak show up there in D.C if we drafted Tebow.. but that would just show me that Shanahan has a plan and has evaluated Tebow's strengths for his offense . Remember what he said at his press conference..

" I think you always want to taylor your offense around the strengths of your QB"

It could happen yall

Here's my take on "statistical" QB likeness:

Jimmy Clausen = Matt Leinart, JC, Byron Leftwich

Sam Bradford = Ben Roethlisberger, Rex Grossman, Matt Ryan

Tim Tebow = Daunte Culpepper, Alex Smith, Troy Smith

Colt McCoy = Chad Pennington, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees

Caveat - I looked at it middle of last year. It's not throwing motions, intangibles, etc.

Caveat - I looked at it middle of last year. It's not throwing motions, intangibles, etc.

I have seen Claussen compared to Matt Ryan and not Bradford

oh dear god no!!!!
I think a lot of folks tend to evaluate Tebow, not on his skills, but on the basis of how Urban Meyer's offense is designed (it makes NFL fans uncomfortable) and on his personal life. At least it sure seems that way. Maybe I'm wrong. I think he's better than most give him credit for. If brand name NFL coaches think he's good, well I gotta believe them a little. :2cents:

I honestly believe that whatever Tim Tebow decides to do with his life, he'll be a tremendous success, including play QB in the NFL. He'll need some polish and some work to iron out the NCAA in him, but he just strikes me as a guy with supreme confidence born from an impeccable work ethic. Hard to not respect the young man.

~Bang

Who the @#@$ is David White and why is anything he says credible? Of course ShanWOW likes Time Tebow; He is a great kid by all accounts. That said, he won't be a high draft pick as a QB because of all the reasons previously discussed on the forum. Our coach and GM are too smart to jump into that problem.

ShanWOW...I like it.

????

You can't compare "statistical likeness" with a college QB and NFL QB's.

Colt McCoy and Phillip Rivers?

Why bother with Tebow? Because the dude obviously is driven to be a WINNER!!! Having these types of personalities on your team is infectious - everyone will raise their low standards. Okay, so he may not be an NFL QB, so? Find another position on offense which suits his skill set. Just get this guy on the field with the offense.

Why bother with Tebow? Because the dude obviously is driven to be a WINNER!!! Having these types of personalities on your team is infectious - everyone will raise their low standards. Okay, so he may not be an NFL QB, so? Find another position on offense which suits his skill set. Just get this guy on the field with the offense.

A team that is desperate for attendance in Florida (COUGH Jacksonville COUGH) will take him or a team that has drafted smart for years and doesn't have many holes to fill (New England) could take a flyer on an athlete with no real position in the NFL.

The Skins don't fall into either of those categories.

????

You can't compare "statistical likeness" with a college QB and NFL QB's.

Colt McCoy and Phillip Rivers?

Relax, it was an exercise in looking at what they did in their college careers. I made it clear it had nothing to do with mechanics, intangibles, etc.

A team that is desperate for attendance in Florida (COUGH Jacksonville COUGH) will take him or a team that has drafted smart for years and doesn't have many holes to fill (New England) could take a flyer on an athlete with no real position in the NFL.

The Skins don't fall into either of those categories.

Belichick is pretty high on Tebow also. That makes Gruden, Dungy, Belichick, maybe Shanahan? thats a hell of a list. He has me extremely confused!

That could be true Shanny did go to Florida and studied Urban Myers Spread Offense this past year. I think Tebow is a winner and I like that about him but I don't know if he will be a QB in the NFL.

If Shanahan is gonna use any form of Urban's spread offense, it's going to be with Bradford.

the article doesn't say he will draft him it just says he likes him.

It's not an article. It's a blog from some sportswriter who last published a book in 2004. The thread creator probably is the blog writer's brother. That blog is not even credible enough to be linked to a major sports or news outlet.

Truly a waste of time.:doh:

Belichick is pretty high on Tebow also. That makes Gruden, Dungy, Belichick, maybe Shanahan? thats a hell of a list. He has me extremely confused!

These are coaches that love him as an athlete and as a person.

Ask them would he be a starter and what position would he play and you'd get alot of :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Archived