Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Wants to Move Training Camp Away from DC Area

BryanS

LOL...The Gman might be a bigger distraction. I think a few Hotchee Dogs at the Hamilton would do the trick. Does anyone have any idea if they were to move training camp when it would be announced to the public?

mmmm hotcheeeeeee dogs....

a good stiff dan miller drink would help get them through this year's pounding though.

just make sure to keep the players away from N. Pitt Street

Some recent camps at Ashburn they have had the players staying at local hotels or the National Conference Center in Landsdowne.

Local can work if they want it to. Plus you have the benefits of much better facilities at the home base.

I think our facilities are outdated. The training room is fine. But we still have an astro turf field (no field turf). And we lack an indoor practice facility. Our last few camps have been lacking and weather is a factor. If our guys can't go full pads early in the pre season. They start off on the wrong foot.

Isn't Dickenson part of Penn State now or is that just the Dickenson Law department.

Don't even get me started on that...but to answer your question, Dickinson College is and has always been an independant institution. Dickinson Law School was always an independant institution until penn state came in around '97 and turned the school to a bad word. I say that as a proud alumni of both institutions (but i refuse to recognize penn state as one of them despite what the diploma says)

*edit, sorry for the previous ****, i told you not to get me started on psu

Here is hoping they come back to Carlisle! That's an old Redskins tradition I would love to see come back!

:point2sky

I second the motion. We have history up there and hopefully we can restore the scrimmages with the Steelers. I miss those days. Sure its nice to see 10 practices in Ashburn but it's not good for the team and that's what it should be about. I'd still drive up there and take a motel for a few days and enoy myself like a used to. I had more in Carlsle than I did in Ashburn, plus they have a great ice cream stand a block from the field, sure beats anything they have in Ashburn when it's 100 degrees

I second the motion. We have history up there and hopefully we can restore the scrimmages with the Steelers. I miss those days. Sure its nice to see 10 practices in Ashburn but it's not good for the team and that's what it should be about. I'd still drive up there and take a motel for a few days and enoy myself like a used to. I had more in Carlsle than I did in Ashburn, plus they have a great ice cream stand a block from the field, sure beats anything they have in Ashburn when it's 100 degrees

Massey's Ice Cream is amazing!

I like the idea too, but then again Marty brought us back to Carlise in 2001 and we opened that season with the worst looking team I can remember seeing.

I really don't think the location really matters but I do enjoy visiting Carlise much more than Ashburn so I'd be all for a move back to Dickinson.

Peter King is for Carlisle:

"I long for the days of camp in Carlisle, Pa., at Dickinson College, where there was much more fan/player interaction (although, to be fair, I think Jason Campbell kissed every baby and signed every kid's hat in a three-county region after practice) and the 20 players occasionally stopping for frozen custard at the stand next to campus before night meetings, and the experience much more traditional. But those days, here, are probably not coming back."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/07/31/postcard.redskins/index.html

Absolutely, get the guys out of their elements and make them form relationships

Agreed, this team has not played like a single unit all year. That's part of what camp is to be all about. If it's just another day at the office with a little overtime, that's not going to happen.

Aren't they building a World Trade Center in Ashburn on Loudoun County Parkway (the road the Skins current practice facility is on)? They're expanding that road to like 3 or 4 lanes each direction, I think.

Honestly, I have no clue what that has to do with anything, just putting it out there..

Archived