Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP, Wilbon: Will Anything Really Change? (merged)

stwasm

So I guess Wilbon will join the wait and see crew. It's ranks are growing daily.

Thanks, Wilbon, for putting it better than I could.

I'm sorry I'm not as excited about this as some of the rest of you are, but at least I can understand why people are so excited.

I don't understand why it's such a bad thing to be part of the "wait and see" crew. Maybe you can enlighten me?

I am not really scared about the offense. I believe that Shanahan has proven that he knows that. I am scared of what is going to happen on defense. We have a defense that is top tier. While they don't get the necessary turnovers to be considered an outstanding defense, they are still very good. Who will Shanahan hire that will bring the defense to a new level? After all his defense was at the bottom his last year in the league. That is what is my question is.

What more can Snyder do to prove he's sincere about returning the Redskins to glory?

he's given up complete control for the second time (Gibbs II)He now has a proven GM!!

This is everything the pundits have been crying for for years. The know it all's will probably be proven completely wrong as per usual. Proving once again they are as ignorant as anyone else on how to have winning team in the NFL and get paid millions to talk about it.

Snyder has a proven SB head coach. Snyder sat in the audience when Shanahan was announced as HC.

He listened to us the fan.

He never had to do that if he wasn't committed to winning.

He could maintain total control and produce a perennial loser for 5 decades as long as he owned the team. It's his team to lose.

But Dan does want to win for the fan and that my friends is blatantly obvious.

Thanks Dan Snyder!

I don't necessarily expect this to make any difference than anything else you've done but I do applaud you for your efforts in giving up everything you loved about owning the Redskins for me the fan!

I hope I'm wrong...but IMHO this has never really been about Snyder's ability to own a team ever.

Wilbon stated the obvious in his article. Wilbon wrote, what a lot of Skin fans feel. Shanahan is the 7th coach hired under Snyder's ownership, this hire transcends to a third of the total Redskin coaches hired now at 28. Wilbon did make good points about the lack of smart organizational decisions, such as personnel and holding players cub able for their play. I did have the "Once bit twice shy" syndrome, but I feel the Redskins may have finally stopped and really looked at the condition of the club, and finally realized this 10 years of "BAD" road will need to end. So, on saying all this, Skin fans, Shanahan/Allen represents a re birth of a once proud club. Skins need to get back to their roots.Hail:logo:

I'm okay with it for now.

Shanahan is great at finding offensive talent. God knows we need that. And we certainly have enough defensive talent to get by.

Bring in a super-qualified personnel guy (I like Brown/Campbell though) and apply the same enthusiasm for spending on FAs to spending on the scouting department, and I'm absolutely sold.

And don't forget to draft either Jimmy Clausen or Russell Okung!

Archived