Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marshall done in Denver?

MattFancy

They will not "just release" him. That would be insane. They will field offers from teams leading up to the draft. After not receiving adequate compensation they will try to move him until training Camp starts. Once camps starts they will take the best offer the've received for him to date. Shipping him during camp ensures the team picking him up will not have a full offseason to get him up to speed, thus limiting the chance that they will look like utter fools.

I can see him landing in NY, Dallas, or Philly. New York would love to replace Plaxico finally, Roy Williams is a bust, and McNabb with another weapon would be a nightmare. He will not be coming to DC however. Shanny is not his biggest fan.

I think Josh McDaniels is done in Denver :)

Since he joined the organization here are his 'great moves':

1. Trade a player in Jay Cutler who was playing at a pro bowl level for Mike Shanahan for picks and Kyle Orton, a mediocre qb.

2. Sign Brian Dawkins at age 35 to a multiyear contract with a sizeable bonus.

3. Call out Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, the team's two best offensive players, publicly with no backup plan in place before a humiliating 44-24 loss to the KC Chiefs.

What is it with the former Bellichick assistants? :laugh:

These guys like McDaniels and Mangini come to town and alienate everybody!

Well Josh Mcdaniels has made some insane moves....Benching Marshall in yesterdays game when they still had a playoff chance....With Eddie Royal injured they had to start Brandon Lloyd.

I think McDaniel's has done some strange things, but I have no issue in what he did in this situation.

It is being reported that he showed up late for his treatment on his hamstring on New Year's Day. Then when he was examined, the trainers did not find anything wrong with his hamstring.

When you look at both McDaniels and Marshall, only one of them have had some character issues in the past.

He is trying to build a team and Marshall was not acting like he wanted to be a part of that team.

It was also reported that Shanahan was going to trade him last off season if he wasn't fired, due to his attitude.

I think Josh McDaniels is done in Denver :)

Since he joined the organization here are his 'great moves':

1. Trade a player in Jay Cutler who was playing at a pro bowl level for Mike Shanahan for picks and Kyle Orton, a mediocre qb.

2. Sign Brian Dawkins at age 35 to a multiyear contract with a sizeable bonus.

3. Call out Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler, the team's two best offensive players, publicly with no backup plan in place before a humiliating 44-24 loss to the KC Chiefs.

What is it with the former Bellichick assistants? :laugh:

These guys like McDaniels and Mangini come to town and alienate everybody!

Kyle Orton

Yards: 3,802

TD's: 21

INT's: 12

Rating: 86.8

Plus 2 first round picks and a third I believe

And he traded

Jay Cutler

Yards: 3,666

TD's: 27

INT's: 26

Rating: 76.8

Those are his stats this year, last year when Cutler was playing at a "pro-bowl level" he had

Yards: 4,500

TD: 25

INT: 12

Rating: 86

I wouldn't say the Bronco's got ripped off in that deal they got 2 mid/high level draft picks and a serviceable QB for a QB that has never lead a team to a winning record and both put up similar stats.

Kyle Orton

Yards: 3,802

TD's: 21

INT's: 12

Rating: 86.8

Plus 2 first round picks and a third I believe

And he traded

Jay Cutler

Yards: 3,666

TD's: 27

INT's: 26

Rating: 76.8

Those are his stats this year, last year when Cutler was playing at a "pro-bowl level" he had

Yards: 4,500

TD: 25

INT: 12

Rating: 86

I wouldn't say the Bronco's got ripped off in that deal they got 2 mid/high level draft picks and a serviceable QB for a QB that has never lead a team to a winning record and both put up similar stats.

but you have to remember Orton has some BIG TIME weapons at his disposal. Marshall, Royal, and Sheffler.

Cutler has ......(crickets).......Devin Hester????? A punt returner?

It wouldn't shock me if McDaniels was fired like the other poster said. I don't think that he will because it would be like admitting a total failure by the owner (forget his name), to give up on McDaniel after one year, right after he ran every good player out of town. You have to give him a chance to fix it.

but you have to remember Orton has some BIG TIME weapons at his disposal. Marshall, Royal, and Sheffler.

It wouldn't shock me if McDaniels was fired like the other poster said. I don't think that he will because it would be like admitting a total failure by the owner (forget his name), to give up on McDaniel after one year, right after he ran every good player out of town. You have to give him a chance to fix it.

Cutler had those weapons the year before and he did only marginally better, and ended up with the same record. I think I would take the picks and Orton over Cutler.

Cutler had those weapons the year before and he did only marginally better, and ended up with the same record. I think I would take the picks and Orton over Cutler.

And Cutler is still a very young QB. And he still was better than Orton.

The reason the record was the same last year was completely on the Denver D, which was HORRIBLE last year. Worst D in the league I believe. This year they had like 9 new starters on that D, and they were much, much better.

Denver wins 12 games this year with Cutler. No doubt in my mind.

It might be time to declare the FO and McDaniels full fledged idiots if they just release Brandon Marshall

Well, he's a restricted free agent, so does that mean he can be traded? If so, no team is going to trade for him without giving him a long term deal. And no team is going to sign him and give up a 1st and a 3rd to the broncs.

Its apparent that the broncs don't want him back, and every team will call their bluff if they demand a high pick.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out, but I don't think Denver is going to get much, if anything for him. THey just don't have any leverage.

Should be interesting though.

With us having Shanny you know he could get something done...and god knows he did us good with Portis and Champ trade...maybe he could do the same. I know some people would be against this - but GET THIS MAN!

Shanny doesnt care for Marshall much, rumor has it he was going to dump Marshall before he got fired. Zero percent chance he ends up playing for Shanny imo.

I can see him landing in NY, Dallas, or Philly. New York would love to replace Plaxico finally, Roy Williams is a bust, and McNabb with another weapon would be a nightmare. He will not be coming to DC however. Shanny is not his biggest fan.

New York is a possiblity I suppuse, but other then that he is not coming to the East.

Dallas has their number one in Miles Austin and will likley being looking for a complementry reciever. After the T.O ordeal there's not a chance they bring in a reciever with a troubled backround liek Marshall. They dont need anymore controversey.

Philly has young weapons and probably wont be looking for someone like Marshall imo. And same with Dallas after the T.O saga there they probably dont want the media scrutiny again. They have Jackson, Maclin, and Avant, I doubt WR is really high on their to-do list.

Olsen is better than Sheffler. Aromashodu isn't bad. Forte was a terrific player as a rookie. The talent around both QBs this year was comparable.

And McDaniels isn't going anywhere. Some of you guys are making him out to be the bad guy, when Marshall is clearly the problem. McDaniels is clearly making a point that no one guy is above the team. That should be applauded. You can't put all their second half troubles on the head coach.

And Cutler is still a very young QB. And he still was better than Orton.

The reason the record was the same last year was completely on the Denver D, which was HORRIBLE last year. Worst D in the league I believe. This year they had like 9 new starters on that D, and they were much, much better.

Denver wins 12 games this year with Cutler. No doubt in my mind.

No they don't. Get real. They wouldn't have been on the Chargers' level, as you're implying. No way.

Olsen is better than Sheffler. Aromashodu isn't bad. Forte was a terrific player as a rookie. The talent around both QBs this year was comparable.

And McDaniels isn't going anywhere. Some of you guys are making him out to be the bad guy, when Marshall is clearly the problem. McDaniels is clearly making a point that no one guy is above the team. That should be applauded. You can't put all their second half troubles on the head coach.

I'll give you Olsen might bet better than Sheffler, but there is no way on earth the talent on both teams is comparable. You would be the only one to believe that. And its not even close.

The problem with McDaniels is how he communicates with players. Which basically means....he doesn't.

He lied to Cutler about being interested in trading him. When he finally talked to Cutler he denied it, and then said "I may do it again". Which is it Mcdaniels? On one hand you said you didn't do it, but then you're telling me you'd do it again.

McDaniels chooses to talk to his players through the press. Thats suicide for a young coach. You better have some skins on the wall before you pull something like that.

You CAN put all the troubles on the head coach when he trades a young superstar for a hack, and then benches the best player on the team because his hammy hurts, in a game they need to make the playoffs,and you choose not to talk to him, but instead just talk to the doctors. Marshall is a nut, I'll give you that. But nobody has ever accused him of milking an injury. His toughness has never been in question.

Well, he's a restricted free agent, so does that mean he can be traded? If so, no team is going to trade for him without giving him a long term deal. And no team is going to sign him and give up a 1st and a 3rd to the broncs.

Its apparent that the broncs don't want him back, and every team will call their bluff if they demand a high pick.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out, but I don't think Denver is going to get much, if anything for him. THey just don't have any leverage.

Should be interesting though.

I thought he was a unrestricted free agent.

No they don't. Get real. They wouldn't have been on the Chargers' level, as you're implying. No way.

I didn't say they'd be as good as the chargers. I said they'd have 12 wins.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Denver D last year

Ranked 29th

Gave up an average of 28pts per game.

Denver D this year

Ranked 7th

Gave up an average of 20pts a game.

No team in the league had a bigger jump in performance defensively as the broncos. From number 29th to number 7??? Thats mind boggling.

If you don't think they would have squeezed 4 more wins out of having a competant Defense.....well...I can't help you.

Archived