Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

my xmas wish: Blackouts games & no PT games

RDSCNZ20

My xmas wish is for our games to be blacked out and we not have any primetime games.

We get embarassed by the team's performance and the bamma fans on primetime games. Its no fun going to the games at home when your surrounded by other team's fans. I realize the team sucks but for you bammas that sell your tickets to opposing fans JUSTstop buying season tickets.

*Its embarassing when you see highlights of the game and see how many opposing fans are in the stands.

*Its embarassing when the other team's fans can be clearly heard chanting. lets go giants and let go cowboys.

*Its embarassing when Brandon Jacobs says we took over the stadium.

*Its embarassing when we were 6-2 the opposing fans tookover the stadium and our own players say it was like an away game.

For everyone that is going to jump in say: we suck, the cost, the drive, etc. then dont buy the tickets and let games be blacked out. The one thing that we could boast about was the fanbase. Now, its like we are Det or the old cardinals. So all you fake bammas turn in your fan cards and your tix. You bammas are ruining the expierence for the true fans that go to the games.

Well...when your official Washington Redskins season ticket invoice promotes the benefits of selling your tickets on Stubhub (and yes it does), you're gonna get a lot of opposing team fans in your stands.

Marketing Dollars >>> Home Field Advantage.

One of many reason why this team will never be a true winner while Lil' Danny is our beloved teams' owner...

Well...when your official Washington Redskins season ticket invoice promotes the benefits of selling your tickets on Stubhub (and yes it does), you're gonna get a lot of opposing team fans in your stands.

One of many reason why this team will never be a true winner while Lil' Danny is our beloved teams' owner...

roqnap1; your sig rules.

While I agree with the premise of your post, I've come to the conclusion that I can't blame Daniel Snyder for this. The NFL's "official ticket broker" is Stub Hub, so the Redskins are probably required to advertise for them. Whether or not they give them the same amount of advertising as other teams is debatable, but I believe that they have to do it. The silver lining here (no pun intended) is that now Dallas has a pretty big stadium also with ridiculous prices, so the same thing is probably going to happen there in a few years. Once the novelty wears off it'll be easier to get tickets and you'll see more and more visiting fans. But I can't blame Snyder for the Stub Hub thing, because the league promotes them.

The silver lining here (no pun intended) is that now Dallas has a pretty big stadium also with ridiculous prices, so the same thing is probably going to happen there in a few years. Once the novelty wears off it'll be easier to get tickets and you'll see more and more visiting fans.

I don't think Dallas will have the same issue. Our stadium is within driving distance of several other rabid fan bases making it an easy away game to get to. Dallas is more isolated from the rest of the NFC East.

I don't know if you are from d.c. or not but if you are not from d.c. you really should not be using bamma. :)

bamma, like mumbo sauce, ben's chili bowl, go-go and half smokes is a d.c. thing ... leave it in d.c. by the way, d.c. does not mean arlington, alexandria, or fairfax.

if you are from d.c by all means, "bamma" yourself crazy, if not ... stop trying to be cute :hysterical:

rant over ...

by way, i stopped reading your post at the first "bamma"

While I agree with the premise of your post, I've come to the conclusion that I can't blame Daniel Snyder for this. The NFL's "official ticket broker" is Stub Hub, so the Redskins are probably required to advertise for them.
The NFL has no affiliation with Stub Hub. None whatsoever.

Several professional sports teams including some NFL teams have inked deals with Stub Hub, including the Redskins and Snyder so you can blame him plenty.

My xmas wish is for our games to be blacked out and we not have any primetime games.

For everyone that is going to jump in say: we suck, the cost, the drive, etc. then dont buy the tickets and let games be blacked out. The one thing that we could boast about was the fanbase. Now, its like we are Det or the old cardinals. So all you fake bammas turn in your fan cards and your tix. You bammas are ruining the expierence for the true fans that go to the games.

So I take it from your post that you were at the game Sunday night?

Wanna know how to really put and end to opposing teams fans taking over the stadium???? Easy, put a winner on the field that Redskins fans want to see. You think this was a problem in the days of RFK when the Hogs, Riggo, Joe T, Monk, Clark, et al, were playing. I don't think so. See, when you feed your fan base crap year after year, eventually the crap really starts tasting like crap.

Can't support the OP in this one. I go to every game, and while I don't enjoy being surrounded by fans of the other team, I don't blame others for selling their tickets.

Now if Snyder were to start revoking the tickets of constant sellers, I wouldn't complain, but such a move would probably be a PR nightmare.

Archived