Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Coach's calm rubbing off on players

MrSilverMaC

"IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips honestly believes that everything will turn out for the better.

His team has lost consecutive games for the first time all season to fall out of first place in the NFC East.

The playing status of his best pass-rusher is uncertain. His kicker has a confidence problem.

Wade Phillips

AP Photo/Kathy WillensCowboys coach Wade Phillips has kept calm despite the firestorm surrounding the team. "You've got to be accountable to each other," Phillips said. "You've got to believe in each other. Those things have got to be constants."

He needs to make the postseason -- and maybe even win in the playoffs -- to save his job.

But Phillips, who sits in front of the media on a daily basis with a calm-yet-puzzled look, says not to worry."

Click link for more

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=4747692

The only way I'm alright with Wade coming back next year is if the Cowboys end up in the Superbowl. Since that's just not going to happen my next big hope is for not Garrett.

As it stands right now, would have to win, on the road either in Arizona or Philly, then on the road @ Minnesota, and PROBABLY on the road against the Saints. That would be a heck of a feat.

I would think if he wins one playoff game that's a good finish. New coach is going to result in a lot of change. But, maybe Jerry wants to keep up with Dan.

Archived